How good will Anderson Co. do this year?

Guest Chappy5107

AC will be young. But if scrimmages this spring are any indication, they will still smack you in the mouth. No stars, if they get it done it will be a total team effort. Best of all I like the attitudes. It's good to see Olhickory back on the web sharing his insights with the rest of us.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon 23, how many games have you won in three years? Please don't get me started on your 2 wins in three years. Your right, we have not beaten A-E, Fulton in the game that counted. The MAVS have won 30 games in three seasons, including three against you. In the last 10 years, the MAVS have won seven ( including last year's 34-0 " Donkey Stomp"). Keep Talking 23, we hear you.

• 1 month later...

Actually if AC was smart they would go after some of the talented upcoming freshmen in Cmapbell County. If I were them I would go after jacksboro's entire starting backfield and the Allen kid from LaFollette. I bet they won't get Johnson because his little brothers aren't good enogh to play at AC.

I am a Fulton alumni, and I believe that AC will still be in the top 5 in the state in 3A, they always have a great rushing attack... So to all AC fans, good luck this season, and I cannot wait to see AC come anf play Fulton, it is always a great game to watch...

I don't know who Olhickory is but he knows what it's like in AC land. i put the silver and navy on and graduated last year, and yeah you're right we hit people trust me if you wanna see how we hit look up #4 that walker kid knocked more people out then anybody i have ever seen although i got the best of him one day in practice (p.s. i don't think he was lookin and he got me back a lot) but anyway about this year those guys are very young but hungry and know how to win and there attitudes are terrific they want to win and with Larry Kerr and Tony Lambert i GARRANTY you they can still hold there own.

• 2 weeks later...

How did AC do Thursday in there scrimmage? I went to the 3-way scrimmage and they ( although not as good as last year but who can fill shoes of players like Walker, Mounts, Rogers, Walker, Burrel, etc.) looked o.k. the only thing I noticed was that these coaches are gonna have to coach their tails off to find or mold and transform a "playmaker" who can read blocks, and openings and then cutting it up in that opening, because that line will make openings. Although that Rogers kid at TE looks solid good hands could be a playmaker. But still what impressed me the most is that they hit people and played hard just like always. Good luck coaches I know if any group of coaches can do it that group at AC can.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody who thinks AC doesn't recruit must be high! I coached at Jacksboro Middle School(AC's best feeder program) for years and my players have told me about certain members of the AC staff coming to recruit them. I am happy to see that this particular recruiting pipeline seems to finally be closing down for them. I guess it has been easier for them to recruit Clinton's athletes since Jimmy Gaylor moved on to greener pastures.