CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipscomb will not be surprised by what Goodpasture has. They know each year that Goodpasture will field a great group of athletes. Usually Goodpasture overall as a team has more athletes. Lipscomb has their number right now. That could change this year possibly, who knows, but I'll guarantee you that they are not out-working Lipscomb. They may be working hard in the weight room but so is Lipscomb. One advantage Lipscomb has is they have Coach MacCadams & Goodpasture has Coach Martin. Lipscomb will out-coach GP 9 out of 10 times. Goodpasture will out-athlete Lipscomb 8 out of 10 times. I would rather have a bunch of hard working blue collar guys than a bunch of pre-madonnas. It seems that Lipscombs coaches get more out of their guys than GP does & that is a reflection of the coaches. I am not knocking GP at all, they have a great program, but when it comes to comparing them with Lipscomb I have to give the edge to Lipscomb at least right now I do. It could all change this year & GP go on a run. That is what makes this rivalry so fun to watch. Lets get it on!!!!

Twittycane,

GP respects DL and I believe DL respects GP. They both work very hard to be the best each and every year. I do not believe that one out works the other. Football is a funny game and things go in streaks. GP had DL's number for several games and now DL has won the last 2. I know this year's game will be no different than the last few, it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. Even if you did not mean to do so, you said some things that is a slam to GP's program. Their coaches work just as hard and their players work just as hard. Good luck to both programs and I am sure that one of the two will be in the running come December.

I definately am not slamming GP. Nor did I mean any harm. Maybe I came across a little harsh. I have nothing but respect for GP. My whole point is referring to the previous post about GP surprising Lipscomb. Basically I was saying that nothing GP has will surprise Lipscomb anymore. GP is always loaded with talent & athletes. They cant have anymore than usual. Then I proceeded to say that Lipscomb's coaches do a great job of outcoaching GP's coaches in these last couple of games that have been played. The past 2 games for sure GP has out-athleted Lipscomb & Lipscomb has come out on top & that is coaching in my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone at GP. I know several players & parents at GP & they will tell you the same thing about the coaching. Everytime Lipscomb beats GP all I hear when I talk to some of the GP people is that we got out-coached again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...