Division II

ctownballa

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahahahahahaha i wanna know who urbankit is so we could meet up. last year we had 9 seniors, the lowest in briarcrest history, and while we may have had the worst record in 20 years at briarcrest, we were not a bad team. we have 15+ d1 prospects this year and by some papers and polls are regarded as the best team to EVER come out of briarcrest (have to wait to see this season). and, no, i do not think yall could have hung on with us last year. i would love to have seen the scores of the games if yall played teams like east, Ridgeway, mus, cbhs, BGA, and so forth. yall cant even get the balls up to schedule a decent public school. so stop playing crappy teams like lighthouse, catholic, and trinity and maybe we can have conversation worth talking sometime.

Edited by briarcrest23

If Briarcrest honestly has over 15 DI prospects which is a huge number, even the great BA and MBA teams didn't have that many go D1, infact I've never heard of any schools in TN have that many go, than why didn't they put a better run together last year? That would be a very strong junior nucleus, I would think you would've at least made the finals with that much talent, even if they weren't seniors.

As for BA and MBA's lineups, both have tons of talent, but a lot is unproven, especially for MBA, however each have several returning studs and look, along with MUS to be at the top of the DII AAA crowd, for more info on these two teams check out the MBA and BA threads, which are somewhere on the first few pages.

Div 11 A is 299 or less

Div 11 AA is 300 to 599

Div 11 AAA is 600 and above

And No Briarcrest - you could not shut us down. I saw you guys play last year. You may have a better team this year but you had no leaders and no gutsy players. We could have beat you last year.

our jv beat your varsity in a scrimmage, rosemark is a second-rate piece of crap school

You don't know what you are talking about Briarcrest. We never played you in a scrimmage. We played you in baskeball but not in football so no your jv never beat us. And Rosemark is not a 2nd rate piece of crap school. Our school is awesome. We are small and a Christian school. People are friendly and teachers are great. Schoolwork is hard because it is college prep courses but our seniors each year earn mega scholarships due to the work that is put into all 4 years. Tuition is cheaper than your school by far and we don't have any recruiting going on and people paying for other peoples tuition to come there, etc. I know yall do cause my Mom happens to work for someone who foots the bill for one of your players. Also has to pay for tutoring for him cause otherwise he couldn't play. He has Div 1 interest but most likely won't make the grades to play but does have the talent. Won't mention any names. So know what you are talking about before you spout off. okay?

briarcrest23 Posted on Jul 8 2004 - 03:54 PM

ewan mccauley, bram cannon, jeremy walley, michael oher, john greer, joseph crone, brandon jackson, justin sparks, trey lampkin, terio Franklin, jamal goodrich, micah gill, ryan acuff, so yes 13, 15 no, but all have either received scholarships or been shown heavy interest from d1 schools. 

Michael Oher is a high D1 prospect. However, I don't recall seeing

any of the other names on major recruiting websites. Lots of kids receive

letters of inquiry from schools. This is not the same as active

recruitment.

I cannot recall any Tennessee school in recent memory sending

15 kids to D1 schools. BA had 6 from the 2003 class and that was

extraordinary. I have a very hard time believing that Briarcrest or

any school in Tennessee has this many athletes being actively

recruited colleges in general (much less D1 schools).

Also, as 705 mentioned above, how could Briarcrest be 6 and 6 in

2003 with 15 D1 prospects? Either you're misinformed or Briarcrest

underachieved in a massive way.

Edited by jek

I remember that Bolles had 14 guys sign DI scholarships in 2000, and USAToday wrote an article about it, saying how unreal that was for this day and age. Briarcrest isn`t Bolles, and I can`t remember any teams in TN (including the great Pearl Cohn, MBA, BA, Maryville,etc of the last 10 years) having close to 10 DI football signees in one year.

Edited by Redtwin