Sophmores Steppin Up?

Nizzi B

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville has a great sophomore class. A ton of good players. There are 2 kids that will be heard from this year.

Tyler Maples. Younger brother of former Rebel standout Ryan Maples. Tyler is 6'2 175lbs and can run a 4.55. He was named one of the top receivers at Furman's camp.

Adrian Baker. Younger brother of former Rebel Standouts Marcquel Baker and Colton Baker. Adrian is already 5'9 200lbs,runs a 4.65,benches 300lbs and squats over 400lbs.

Division 11 - A is going to be won by Tipton Rosemark Academy. They have a great team this year and look to go all the way. They have many returning players and the best quarterback in the Division 11 - A group. He was the leader in passing yards for Shelby-Metro Area in 2003 in all divisions. Got some big size, speed and a lot of toughness and heart. There are a few players there that will be able to play college ball. You will see and hear their names this year I am sure if you keep up with their team. The entire team is made up of very good young men with strong character and integrity and the school is very family oriented. I think that Tipton Rosemark Academy will be noticed this year, even if they are small and Division 11 - A. The A, AA, and AAA only mean that the school has a larger enrollment and thus has more atheletes to choose from. I know because many of my friends go to Division 1 AAAAA and Division 11 - AAA. They are no better than Division 1 A in any way except they have more people playing and have more backup people for positions. Other than that, the game is the same. Some names to watch for are Drew Hanks, David Hammonds, Michael Eubanks, John Evan McPherson, Chase Peeler.

• 1 month later...
Charlie Bryant-6'6/225

Hunter Carter-5'11/170/4.6

Will Fruitt-6'0/190

All in Division-II(A) They should lead their team this year.  I saw two of them play last year, they will have good futures ahead.

825283921[/snapback]

What school's do they go to?

Rosemark has a bunch of sophomores who have to step up and play on the line. John Evan McPherson was honorable mention all state as a freshman.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Eagleville hosting shows laziness on the part of the TSSAA and a complete disregard for the appearance of impartiality. Absolutely nothing against EHS. Its not their fault TSSAA is lazy.    I understand EHS staff work the games at Eagleville, and they don’t want to miss the EHS games. However this isn’t rocket science. It would take less than 1 hour to cross-train EHS and RHS volunteers at the opposite sites. If Eagleville (or any host)  makes the tournament, flip their game site and have the volunteers flip sites for the days their school plays at the opposite site. Magically the school’s fans would be present to watch the their kids play and the kids at least lose some familiarity and home field advantage.  It takes almost no effort and is a ~15 minute extra drive.    
    • We feel the pain!
    • Jason Lambert should be the only choice for the Baseball coaching position. 
    • From the stats I found online it looks like Gabe Eddington- .484, 44 total hits, 43 runs scored and 42 stolen bases.Meanwhile, on the mound, the Austin Peay commit had a record of 8-2, while compiling 50 innings pitched with an ERA of 1.82. Carson Parrott - 7-0 overall as a starting pitcher with a 1.41 ERA, 95 strikeouts and a save in 53 and 1/3 innings pitched. Parrott hit .392 with 3 home runs, 21 RBIs with a .566 OBP and .716 SLG. Jaxon Walker - .454, 53 hits, 38 RBI’s, 9 HRs.   Not saying the other three aren’t deserving but Quillen had better BA than all three and was just as dominate pitching.  Like I said I don’t know how you leave off the 3a Baseball player of the year last year when he put up better numbers.  I know Greeneville’s Coach wasn’t happy about it saying “I don’t give a s*** what anybody else says. That kid is the best player in Tennessee, and everybody else on our team rises to his level“.  I’m sure winning another State Championship as a junior is more important to Carson than the individual award, it’s just a head scratcher to not be nominated