REGION 3 4-A

PigSkinRules

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 1st place Maryville it will be competitive for 2-4 play-off spots. This is not a bragging post I just think MHS will again be on top. West is much improved and Central is always tough. Halls since Tudor left and should be better and Powell will be much improved and closer to the team they were in 01 & 02 with their power running game. Carter may be the big surprise and Clinton should win a few of its games as well. Best 4A region in the east no question.

• 4 weeks later...

Maryville should have the edge. Lots of linemen back will make them tough along with the quaterback and reciever positions on offense. Defense will be solid again starting with the line and linebackers.

Central has lots of skill position players and Zack Helton at the controls. O line is completely new. They are good athletes and will get better as the season goes on. Defense begins with the linebackers. A great group. Terrance Scott at the corner is an all state candidtate. D line is completely new. A work in progress.

Powell is bigger than big. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 2nd year under Stephens should get them off to a faster start. If they can get the production from the skill position players, should have a great year. The last game of the year with Central will be an absolute war.

I think these 3 teams are ahead of the rest of the region.

4th spot is up for grabs. Halls, West and Carter all have their strengths. West and Carter have solid skill position players. Carter has a couple of very good linemen. West has very good running backs, but must find a QB and a line. Halls has a line, needs some skill position players.

Clinton should be better, but I don't see them winning this year. Watch out for the future. If the kids stay home and Shattuck can build confidence in the team, they could be trouble next year.

These are just my views of the teams. Should be a interesting year.

I expect Maryville to win this region. Maryville will be very good.

I expect Powell to be much better this year. They were playing well at the end of the season. Powell got 2 big time transfers from Central which will help their team big time.

Central always has good athletes. They will continue to be good.

I expect Carter,Halls,West and Clinton to be much better.

Overall I expect the region to be much better this year.