Who is the Power House in Knoxville this year

ShaneC

AE are you saying that powell, west,  maryville, william blount, greenville and chattanooga mccallie make up a weak schedule. AE ill say the roadrunners will take on all competition, but you and me both know if fulton had our schedule they would be lucky to finish 500, certainly not 15-0. some of these falcon fans need to be educated.

825292351[/snapback]

I thank you for clearing that up for me. But If you think about it, every year the top spot is between Maryville or Central you never see the teams you mention fighting for the top 2 spots. Now I'm a West Alumni and I'm saying they will be the shocker of this region this year. Everybody is talking about Central and Maryville but my former school will be making some noise this year. Watch out for Hooty running over people.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thank you for clearing that up for me.  But If you think about it, every year the top spot is between Maryville or Central you never see the teams you mention fighting for the top 2 spots.  Now I'm a West Alumni and I'm saying they will be the shocker of this region this year.  Everybody is talking about Central and Maryville but my former school will be making some noise this year.  Watch out for Hooty running over people.

825292359[/snapback]

I hate to snap you back to reality, but for the last 3 years, the Powell/Central game was for number two in the region behind Maryville. Central has won the last two - 31-21 last year, and 14-0 the year before. Three years ago Powell won the game and finished second.

So to say that "you never see the teams you mentioned fighting for the top two spots" just isn't accurate. If memory sevrves, before last year a current Region 3-4A team had played for the state 4A championship every year since 1991. It is simply a tough, tough region.

Let me say it again. The top 2 spots has been between Central and Maryville. Powell is a no gainer for the 2nd spot. Whenever this region is mention you don't hear nothing about Powell the only thing you hear is, "Will Central beat Maryville this year?" You never hear, "Powell is going to win it all this year." In order to win that region teams has to beat Maryville or Central and that's the hardess thing to do.

HTV,

Didn't think they went to 5 classes until 93 or 94.  In 95 and 03 were the only two years your region has not been represented in the BIG GAME.

;)  ;)  ;)

825292419[/snapback]

Hello McFly! Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? I said that a CURRENT region 3-4A team had played for a state championship, not a class 4A championship. Yes, some of those - Powell in AA, Clinton in AAA, just to name a couple - came before the current 5 classisfacation system.

Try again, or better yet go bake your nomadic coach some cookies and try to convince him to stay for more than two years as his history indicates that he will.

Let me say it again.  The top 2 spots has been between Central and Maryville.  Powell is a no gainer for the 2nd spot.  Whenever this region is mention you don't hear nothing about Powell the only thing you hear is, "Will Central beat Maryville this year?"  You never hear, "Powell is going to win it all this year."  In order to win that region teams has to beat Maryville or Central and that's the hardess thing to do.

825292433[/snapback]

Now you are mincing words. Read what you said. You said that no teams other than Central and Maryville challenge for the top two spots. That's just inaccurate.

htv,

Go back and read your next to last sentence in your post from today, 8:22 am. You stated "a current 3-4A team played for the 4A state championship every since since '91". They didn't have 4A until 93 or 94. Your wife must have fixed you a batch of hominy grits this morning with smart@$$ pills in them!!!

Have a lovely day - does htv stand for--> helpless tupid vermit??

;););)

I know that from 1996-2002 a team from region 3 4a has reached the state title game. Also. Cleveland was in this region in 93 and 94. That is 2 more seasons where a region team went to the title game.

Maryville and Central are very good. Powell will have some good teams almost every year. Powell had a bad year last year. They are usually better than what last years team was. Halls has slipped a little though. Clinton has slipped a lot. West has athletes. Carter may be getting better. The region has got weaker since Anderson County left.

Well guys I have some breaking news for all of the Central Fans out there... Coach Helton got a call yesterday and it was Terrance Cobb (Reggie Cobb's lil brother) he told Helton that he will be going to Fulton this year and playing for DEM FALCONS... That is gonna be a big lose for Central's near future...

Now back to all of this Central and Maryville are the only good teams in there region.. West, Halls, Carter, and Powell cannot beat Fulton or AE... If you look at it at least Fulton and AE have someone to compete with in Anderson County every year... Also some other late breaking news I heard today, Gallman and Rorax are all talking about going to Fulton... They all have family ties to that school and all are not zoned for Central... Sorry to break some more Bobcat hearts with some news...

Just wait until next year, when DEM FALCONS move up to 4A, they will do alot better than what you guys think about going less than 500%... The Falcons will compete in the region and shock a bunch of people with all of the talent in North Knoxville... So when you read this don't get upset about the news I have told you, get upset when Fulton proves they are one of the best teams in the state once again...

Holla at cha boy...

ShaneC

Edited by ShaneC

htv,

Go back and read your next to last sentence in your post from today, 8:22 am.  You stated "a current 3-4A team played for the 4A state championship every since since '91".  They didn't have 4A until 93 or 94.  Your wife must have fixed you a batch of hominy grits this morning with  smart@$$ pills in them!!!

Have a lovely day - does htv stand for--> helpless tupid vermit??

:D  :D  ;)

825292472[/snapback]

You are right. It doesn't happen often, but I admit when i'm wrong. I knew what I meant, but I didn't say what I mean.

Now, about that nomadic coach of yours,......

Well guys I have some breaking news for all of the Central Fans out there...  Coach Helton got a call yesterday and it was Terrance Cobb (Reggie Cobb's lil brother) he told Helton that he will be going to Fulton this year and playing for DEM FALCONS...  That is gonna be a big lose for Central's near future...

Now back to all of this Central and Maryville are the only good teams in there region..  West, Halls, Carter, and Powell cannot beat Fulton or AE...  If you look at it at least Fulton and AE have someone to compete with in Anderson County every year...  Also some other late breaking news I heard today, Stinson, Gallman, and Rorax are all talking about going to Fulton...  They all have family ties to that school and all are not zoned for Central...  Sorry to break some more Bobcat hearts with some news...

Just wait until next year, when DEM FALCONS move up to 4A, they will do alot better than what you guys think about going less than 500%...  The Falcons will compete in the region and shock a bunch of people with all of the talent in North Knoxville...  So when you read this don't cry about the news I have told you, cry when Fulton proves they are one of the best teams in the state once again...

Holla at cha boy...

ShaneC

825292690[/snapback]

Terrence cobb is an average FRESHMAN back who probably wont see any significant playing time anyway, so why would anyone shed tears over that. ive heard he is a good kid so i wish him the best. Cant imagine anyone transferring from a quality school like central to a small inner city school like fulton.