You're favorite place to play at, and least

Contender

I know the Clinton students dont have as much to cheer about as alot of other student sections but i know they go all out every game for their team even though their not the best. I can remember a time last year some of the Maryville students got mad and tryed to come and start things with the Clinton student section until the 6'9 Tevah Morris and AJ Freeman stepped in front of them and they turned around and sat back down.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best place to watch a game is over at AE, I am not a fan but the atmosphere over there is just a great place to see a game because the crowd is crazy....

Maryville is the hardest place for a team to come in and play because the crowd is just so intemidating and you just feel that everyone in the corwd is against you on the visiting team...

Orange Mound combines some of the best and the worst to truly make a unique place to play.  Besides watching some great football in an electric atmosphere...you get to hear the band(playing Rap R&B Hip Hop) and see the huge crowds...its like a mini Southern Heritage Classic every Friday night. 

Things that make it not so good...The field is in pretty sad shape...in fact last time I played at Melrose in the Mid 90's(could have changed) there was asphalt in one end zone, glass all over field and bullet casings next to our bench.  Most people will also tell you Orange Mound is not the safest part of town...I myself have never seen anything too make me question my safety but if you watch the news it doesn't paint a flattering picture.

Now that I've moved to Knoxville I look forward to watching games at DB,Oak Ridge and Maryville this up coming season...then i'll be able to put my west Tennessee prospective on these east Tennessee favorites.

Good post Sneaky.

Guest region4fan

Loudest band............no doubt about it, it is Blackman. They have a singer who sings on a microphone all night. They are so loud that THEIR football coach had to ask them to be quiet once b/c they couldn't hear their QB's cadence. I had to get special earplugs to wear when we play them!

Best atmosphere.................Lincoln County, Gallatin, Franklin, and actually Riverdale.

Worst play to play............... Beech! the concession people are rude, the tickettakers are hateful, they make you pay to park, someone always gets hurt badly in a game against them b/c the refs let them cheap-shot you to death! Their studenst are the worst to try to pick fights with little kids going to the bathroom or concessions.

Best concessions........Oakland's HOT DOGS are my personal favorite!

Worst seats on visitors side.......Lebanon.....you will get splinters up your butt or one lady fell thru them. They are awful....rotting and uncomfortable. Also their coach has absolutely NO CLASS. He cusses the players out right and left with a booming voice. Defintely not PG rated, so cover your kids ears. Also watch your stuff in the locker room there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Worst field....LaVergne....there are holes everywhere...great way to break a bone or blow out a knee.

Edited by region4fan

Wow... to be mentioned with the likes of Lincoln County and Gallatin. Gave me chills to read that. But I started to think about it... Franklin really is starting to have a great atmosphere on Friday nights. The band circling the field and then playing the fight song as they spread over the entire field, play the national anthem, run around like crazy children forming the power "F", the team running through... ahhh... GREAT times. I've always looked at it as just a cookie-cutter stadium, but pondering on it, I guess it is pretty nice. Then again, everything starts to get better when you start winning.

Best Field: Riverdale

Worst Field: LaVergne

Best Atmosphere: Lincoln County

Worst Atmosphere: Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville (worst refs I ever saw. In 2001, My team (Blackman) blocked a field goal w/ about 5 min. in the game. The refs called roughing the kicker and Hendy went on to score the game winning touchdown, 23-21.)

region4fan, I know you were just joking about Blackman's band being so loud that it gives people strokes, but in 2001 our starting right guard's mother had a brain anurism in the stands at the Hendersonville game and died. I know you don't mean any harm by what you said, but it kinda offended me a little (I do think the band is way too loud and plays way too much though.)

Guest region4fan

Bhsol, I sure didn't mean to offend you. I am really sorry about your player's Mom passing away. I really DO know 2 people that had high blood pressure already ,that had strokes B/c of the constant pounding/ loudness/reverberations of the Blackman band. I sure didn't mean to sound like I was making light of it. That is the reason I bought plugs. BHSol, you know it wasn't my intention to make A joke about this, I was really trying to warn folk! ( I went back and edited my original post!)

Now having said that, I will add one more to my list:

Best stadium name................Blackman , The Inferno!!

Edited by region4fan

Favorite Place --

1) Preston Hopkins Field -- aka the Jungle, Lewisburg -- Nothing Like Playing at Home

2) Creekwood High School -- Great People, Great Facility and Bleachers that go from the 10 to the 10.

Worst Place --

1) Montgomery Central High School -- Must be used by the Military for Mortar fire practice during the off season -- roughest with more holes than my yard with active moles

2) Jackson South Side -- Field always seems to be a swamp -- even during a drought