Cloudland runningback

gocal

Yes, they did struggle. Plus, they were destroyed by Mitchell. For one thing, they are all posting on this site instead of working hard and preparing for the first game. We all know that oldfart, I mean old44 is totally clueless. You would think someone his age would have learned a few things in his life, but he is already headed for the nursing home. Its gonna take more than pride and confidence for these boys to succeed. It also takes work ethic and no one at Cloudland has it. Old 44 never had it and it shows. lander33, people will be laughing at you not cheering you. Against Mitchell and West Greene, you were dominated. Even if you can drive me to Shell Creek, hehe ;) you can't whip anybody else.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know "the king" is clueless. Maybe the coaches left to get away from "the king's" incessant negative ramblings. I think that the best tradition you can establish is pride and confidence. Tradition isn't on the scoreboard, it's in the heart. In high school sports, your going to have ups and downs. Nothing you can do about it. All you can ask from a kid is to give 100%. If they do that, and do it every practice and every game, then that is all you can ask. Always play to win, but play because you love the game. Cloudland has had a great run. They will have a winning season this year. They will rebuild and continue to have a good program. No thanks to "the king".

825302395[/snapback]

Old44, we don't have to keep doing this. We can fight on this board and it will accomplish nothing. I have my views and you have yours. I will try to respect yours if you will see where I am coming from. I only try to discuss football and what I think should be done to help Cloudland keep their winning tradition. Like you said, if you have pride and confidence, thats the best tradition you can establish. I beg to differ. You either have a winning tradition or a losing tradition. Take North Greene for instance, they are only know for losing games. When people think of North Greene, they only see a losing tradition, not their pride or confidence. They don't have any pride or confidence because if they had pride, they would make an effort to turn their program around. If they had confidence, then more talented players would come out for football. Cloudland is a smaller school than North Greene. The difference is we have coaches who care about the program. They have pride and confidence. To say Lunsford left because of me makes you look silly. I am only one fan in a sea of fans. Lunsford and I have talked and we see things the same way. He's always said I was one of his most dedicated players. Pride and confidence will make you dedicated in the offseason as well as the regular season. Cloudland is on a downward spiral, because work-ethic is at an all- time low. Old44, I do apologize for the personal remarks. I don't think we should discuss things this way. We are grown men, not high schoolers.

King, I am fully aware of the fact that Hampton hasn't beat cloudland since'97, and I am okay with that. You guys had a real good run with jones, byrd, benfield, etc. and may even beat Hampton this year. In saying that, I do remember back in my playing days (we used leather helmets) when cloudland was a guaranteed win for us. I am not saying this to try and pick a fight, but rather to emphasize that some years you have it, some you don't. Just set back, encourage the kids, and wait for better things to come. And please, stay on your medication. Your mood swings worry me.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A TOPIC ABOUT DAKOTA BENFIELD???????????? All this is, is a bunch of Carter Co. people getting on to bash some guy called "The King". Find somewhere else like the local barber shop to bash the King and either talk about the boy in question or let this thread drop off the map. Please and thank you. :D:)

I am just curious. Where is Dakota Benfield (sp) going to college? I saw him play last year and he had a great career there at Cloudland. I was wondering if he was going to college to play somewhere. I know Mark Byrd is going to Tusculum.

825285939[/snapback]

I am not sure about Dakota but I know that Mark Byrd got screwed out of a deal big time. Tusculum wanted him to redshirt which was fine he said but they wanted Mark to pay for His first year completly and he just couldn't afford it So he is now at Milligan College on a full Baseball Scholarship!! To bad for tusculum because they lost a great player!