Best MidTN Football staffs (overall) Top 5

B52Bomber

Croach, if we're talking about freshman coaching staffs, i'm not biased when i say that Riverdale probably has the best coaching staff in the state. although not as strong as they have been in recent years, the '99 frosh team that i was a part of went 9-0 and we were mid-state champs. off of that squad came such names as kenyon buford, taron henry, stephen britton, brian campbell, jeramey anderson, emmanuel oglesby, and many others that earned either all-state or other pre and post season honors. the frosh teams of the years before the '99 team were also extremely talented and a huge part of it was how the coaching staff harvested the talent that they had on their squads.

hands down, the Riverdale frosh coaching staffs past and present are the best in freshman football.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with rhshasbeen66 about the '99 Riverdale Frosh team because I was on it too. Here are some of the scores:

vs. Smyrna (jamboree), 21-0

vs. Oakland, 58-0

vs. Cookville, 19-0 (our bus driver drove us to Chattanooga instead of Cookville so we didn't get to warm up)

vs. Franklin, 34-0

vs. Gallatin, 34-6

vs. Lavernge, 34-0

vs. Centinniel, 34-0

vs. Brentwood, 3?-2? (3rd and 4th stringer played whole 2nd half, they almost came back)

vs. ? I know we shut them out though

vs. Fayetteville (Lions Bowl) 40 or 50 something to 21 I think.

rhshasbeen66, you may need to help me out on a few of these.

BGA has one of the best coaching staffs around. They are always in contention for the state title and always hang around in games despite the relatively low numbers. This years coaches will be Coach Moore (4-year starter at Vanderbilt), Laqngston (started at MTSU), Fleming (started at Vandy), Frank Wycheck (all-Pro tight end) and Tim Moribito (started in the NFL for about seven years).

Other great coaching staffs have to be MBA, BA, Riverdale, Franklin, and Maryville.

Hunters Lane.  Head Coach Richard Campbell, Buddy Brown, Dennis Marino, Jerry Pigue, and Skip Sullivan.  All of these coaches are good coaches.  Brown and Pigue have been head coaches, and may I say , good head coaches. :)

Pigue I'll give you, but Buddy? When was the last time any of his teams had a winning record?

Edited by B52Bomber

I can understand why most are rating MBA over BA given the fact they've won more championships in recent years- however just looking at the staffs you have to remember that Coach Flatt and his staff have just over 200 boys to work with at BA's high school- less than the size of some 1A schools and yet still field a top 5 team almost every year- say all the recruiting jokes and comments you want but the fact is what they have done is unbelievable, they get almost half of the boys in the whole school to come out and play and turn many of us- who are not exceptional athletes into contributors who make BA what it is. I don't see how this staff could be beaten if they worked at a school 4 or 5 times BA's size.