AAU NATIONALS 16U

Team Pride and TN Stars move into the sweet sixteen. Wouldn't it be great to have a National Championship game between these two? ... A re-play of the State Championship game?

The folks running the tournament have done a fantastic job. The sites have been very good and directions to the locations have been great. The officials have been very good and they have updated the website for game results very quickly. So far, I would give them an "A" for the tourney!

Here is the link:

http://www.aaugirlsbasketball.org/pages/re...s/2004/16u.html

Edited by CPGB06

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone realize that Pool C has 3 teams in the sweet 16? Team

Xtreme you had a really tough pool. I am proud of the heart you showed even though you had some bad injuries. It is tough to come back when you are banged up like you all were. Thanks for the good times this year. We had a ball even if we didn't get the gold ball in the end. Hope everyone has a great highschool season and no injuries. May God bless and protect you all.

Team Pride lost a tough battle to the Indiana Finest. :P

The girls had a great season and ended up number 5 in the country. A very good showing for the Team Pride program. Congratulations to all the girls for a great season! We appreciate all of the parents that put in so much work to make this happen. The players and parents would like to thank Chris Brown for his sponsorship of the team. And we would especially like to thank Tiffany Woosley. Without her leadship and coaching skills, we would not have been the great team we were.

Time now to go to the beach for some R&R! thumb

Hey Ms WarEagle, Haven't heard from you for awhile. How is lil shooter doing? Sorry to hear about ole Jack. Enough said about that. What about everything that is going on in Cleveland? Ain't it wild? If Holly wants to play with Cait so badly why don't she go with her to UT? And now Coach Bob going to Walker Valley. McMinn's starting line-up will surely be impacted by whom they get for a head coach. If Dodgen gets the job, I see a starting line-up of Brown, Toomey, Smith, Dodgen, and Stiles. If Quirk gets it, who knows, and if Bryant gets it.....oh well. Heard Aderhold had it in the bag but Clemson wouldn't let her out of her student teaching contract in South Carolina. Can't imagine Julie coaching McMinn anyway. That would be like you Coaching at Walker Valley Ha. Ha. I can't even begin to predict what this coming season will be like with the uncertain situations at Cleveland (The Vote), McMinn (Head Coach), and Bradley (Hurt feelings over Jack). Sorry to hear about Kristen not playing anymore, she could start for me anytime, anywhere. You mentioned Burkey not coaching during the dead period. Is everyone holding to that? And as for as Burkey, I can't believe how much I like the guy now compared to the way I use to feel about him when we were rivals. I hope he wins it all today. He is a heck of a coach. It is almost impossible for me to say this, but Good Luck Tennessee Stars.

Congratulations to the 16U TN teams

Not to sure if I'm in favor of the single elimination format used for the older age groups though. I noticed they have double elimination to determine the 3rd & 4th place finishes.

Edited by tyjacks

Congratulations TN Stars and Team Pride! We both represented our state well.

As a player for the stars, I would like to thank Coach Wright, Coach Burkey, Coach Kallenberg, Coach Kyle, and Coach Rogers. You all did and awesome job, and I will NEVER forget the times that we've had! I also appreciate all of our parents for being there and supporting us.

"TOGETHER"