Two Sport Athletes

Guest region4fan

Guest region4fan

At Oakland , we have several of our players that missed Spring Practice due to playing on the baseball team. Oakland's Baseball teams are legendary and usually are playing deep into May. Three of our QB's, including our starter, were in baseball. We had no QB for our scrimmage.

I was wondering how many players your school has that are two sport athletes and what sports that they play?? Please list their names and the sports if possible. Also , do you think it hurts football to have players in baseball that miss spring?

Can anyone confirm that Dave Thomas, starting QB from Riverdale , is a 3 sport athlete?? I heard he played Football, Baseball, and Basketball?

Hey TDC MAN...where are ya??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's sad that more three-sport athletes don't exist. One of the high school football players that I've admired most over the years, BA's Benji Walker, played football, basketball and baseball. He was good at all three. There were several guys at BA like that. Many of them played football, wrestled and ran track. At Franklin, I can't think of any three-sport guys. Ryan Nichols did it his junior year... or maybe he didn't play soccer junior year. Hmm, I can't remember. If he didn't, he ran track... along with football. Many of them do play two sports... too many for me to be able to remember them all.

Like a lot of people are saying already, there are a several 2 sport players at AE. Some of the players are even 3 sport players. I would name some but there's to many to name. Most of the players run track and football. While others run track, play basketball, and play football. Coach Stevens and other football coaches at AE encourage all players to participate in track or soccer at AE.