CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CA recruits, they do a pretty poor job! Their school enrollment has dropped drastically the past few years. So has the number of players playing. They only have 25-30 players out this season. They do have a little talent in their freshmen class. They graduated 16 seniors last season off a team that only has 26 players. Looks like it could be a long year for the bulldogs this season.

I have not heard anything from the Forrest fans about their scimmage with Eagleville. Eagleville won the scimmage 5 tds to 0. 3 tds by the 1st team 2tds by the subs. From what I saw Eagleville's Defense pretty much dominated the Rockets, they only had one drive all day, stopped by an interception. The Eagles defense which was pretty bad last year is much improved..The d line and the middle linbacker JoJo Vestal controlled the line of scrimmage against Forrest. Last year the Eagles was pretty much a passing team but this year they will be able to run the ball. I believe the coaches picked the eagles for 8th place in front of CA and Cornersville they will definitely be higher than that. Mt. Pleasant and Wayne Co. at the top then a dog fight for the next two playoff spots. Moore Co. and Cascades what's going on with your teams, have you had any scimmages. Region 6 from top to bottom is one of the top 1a regions. It will be a fun year.

Cascade scrimmaged Jackson County last Friday at Cascade, alternated 10 possessions each for 30 offensive/defensive possessions and put it in the end zone 7 times to Jackson County's 0. Quarterback David Gallagher looked in mid-season form and they have found some running game to go along with him. The defense has a lot of speed and athletes just not much size. It will be interesting to see how they fare today against Shelbyville Central in another controlled scrimmage before Saturday's jamboree at Forrest.

i think that loretto only scored one td on our starting defense. we couldn't stick it in the endzone but we moved the ball pretty well all day from what i heard. this is all hearsay because i didn't make the scrimmage. it would have probably been a little bit different with rudle but we need to learn to play without him some too beacause of his health issues.