Best WR this year

timbdp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Turner is the best also, at this time. There is another receiver at Dobyns Bennett that could come close if he gets back on track. Lamon Williams was named High School All American as a Soph. I think Turner was named as a Soph. also. Lamon was out 3 games with a injury, then kind of lost his way at the end of the season last year. So he has droped from most peoples radar. He's back on the straight and narrow right now, and back with the team. If he keeps working hard he may give Turner a run for his money by the end of the season.

Lamon is being recruited by D1. Miami has shown an early interest since 10th grade. As WaCo said, Lamon's problems with the team and missing a few games dropped him off many peoples radar. And by the way I saw Patrick Turner twice because I live in Nashville. Lamon is a better player and is the best receiver in the state, when he wants to be.

Edited by bud

Lamon is being recruited by D1.  Miami has shown an early interest since 10th grade.  As WaCo said, Lamon's problems with the team and missing a few games dropped him off many peoples radar.  And by the way I saw Patrick Turner twice because I live in Nashville.  Lamon is a better player and is the best receiver in the state, when he wants to be.

825295114[/snapback]

Did he miss games because he was injured or was it more of a 'violation of team rules' type of thing? Do you know if will be a qualifier? Sounds like he could be an excellent sleeper.

Josh Booker out of FACS. They may be DII-A, but he was All-Metro his Freshman year and he will be a Sophomore this year.

825295131[/snapback]

Whoah all-metro, who cares. Patrick Turner is the best receiver in the state, no doubt. A 6"5, 210 pound receiver who can run a 4.5 40 and is an incredible athlete kind of gives him an edge. He is the #9 prospect in the COUNTRY. I dont know how you can say anyone else is better. Just one other thing, i would like to see a top recruit out of Tennessee go to a Great football program other than UT. Everyone goes there, its ridiculous. Now Lamarcus Coker has committed to UT and I would have liked to see him succeed at a better football program.. Someone go to Oklahoma, Miami, Florida State or something like that. Not UT. There on the downfall from greatness. Troy Flemming went there and had to change to a fullback because UT wasted his talent. I hope that doesnt happen to Coker.

Edited by kpatt2