Blount County Jamboree

boyfromsi

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

William Blount beat Greenback 7-0. The running game for William Blount looked real good.Aaron Carson and Ronald Osborn are players. Greenback looked good on offense themselves. Greenback has some fine receivers.Austin James looked good.

Maryville beat Gatlinburg Pittman 14-7. GP surprised everyone by taking the ball and shoving it down Maryville's throat for a 7-0 lead. Defense played better after the 1st drive. GP had no answer for Maryville's 1st string offense.

Maryville and Sevier County tied 7-7. Maryville took advantage of Sevier County turnover to go ahead 7-0. MHS started putting in reserves and Sevier County burned Maryville on a 91 yd bomb.

Alcoa beat Pigeon Forge 14-0. PF moved the ball on Alcoa but always stalled. PF had no answer for Alcoa's offense. Dustin Lindsey ran wild.

Heritage and Seymour tied 7-7. Heritage looks much better offensively. The quarterback is a good athlete. Sprint out passin and the run game looked good for Heritage.Seymour has a good quarterback. They spread the field. They hurt Heritage on short passes.Quarterback was a good scrambler.

Alcoa,William Blount and Heritage looks like they have improved. Maryville is good on offense but needs to get better on defense.

Always seems like we start every year with a questionable Maryville defense, but we always get it done sooner or later.

That's good to hear that G-P couldn't handle Maryville's offense. From the highlights that I saw on the news, it looked like a couple of our receivers (Maples and Jenkins) did a good job.

Looking forward to Carter now!

Maryville always looks good. Sevier County and Maryville had starters in for the first couple of series. After that, the seconds played. It's hard to judge a 1 quarter jamboree, but SC settled down and did O.K. I always like the Knox-News Sentinel and the way they have their own version: "Maryville played a lot of their seconds to a tie with SC." Each team's starters played basically the same amount. Not that it really matters, but just announce the score and facts. I think Maryville is a class act- I even took notice during the competition-their players were shoulder to shoulder as a team watching-seems like a little thing, but things like that is what builds a team to their level. Also, I've never seen a kid of their's run the jaw. Good luck this year Rebs.