Auburnfan1007

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centennial got beat by Columbia Central and was absolutely whooped by Northwest. What makes you guys think they can last against a team like <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>?

825304436[/snapback]

Columbia Central was a powerful running team that w/o turnovers could have beaten Franklin as well. But it brings up a good point Centennial D is weak particularly against the run and that's what BA can do to them all night long!

I already posted my prediction on the BA 2004 thread, as I think most of you should also do for the Week 1 game to keep things organized, but here it is:

BA struggles until midway through the first quarter, when they finally wake up and get their heads in the game after Centennial takes the lead. Then, a back and forth battle and some late heroics from Centennial with BA winning by 12 in a game that was actually closer than the scoreboard can tell.

Here's my full prediction, copied and pasted from the Williamson County thread.

An unwritten rule graces the football annals of South Nashville: When Brentwood Academy plays a Williamson County team, they win. The Eagles have never lost to a team from their county in 34 years of gridiron action; however, the Centennial Cougars may present one of the biggest threats to the streak. With veteran QB Taylor Scott and returners Curtis Steele and Tommy Buchanan anchoring a proficient wishbone attack driven by a group of oxen, Centennial's offense incites little questions regarding its ability. Its defense, however, raises concerns that could seriously undermine any chance for victory. Last year the Cougars surrendered 27 points per game, and the defensive outlook doesn't look much more encouraging this year. The Eagles will be breaking in a new quarterback -- Senior Brad Bowker -- but he may not be in great need. Though BA lost its top two rushers (Townsend and Holbert), youngsters like Tyree Ford and Ryan White posseess the ability to break the game open, as do veterans Tyler Griffin (one of the best athletes ever to play for BA) and Parker Cason (can be a bruising fullback if needed). The Eagles' offensive line is more than capable of paving many roads for the runners, with D1 recruit and 2-time all-stater Nick Forte anchoring the Eagle hogs. If Brentwood Academy is to exploit the Centennial defense, it will be on the ground. The BA defense looks strong, if inexperienced. The defensive line will be young and talented, and the secondary is extremely speedy; the linebacking corps, however, will set the pace. Tyler Griffin is the hardest hitter in the state, and Parker Cason is not far behind. These two will face the unenviable task of stuffing the Cougar rushing attack, and their speed and tenacity make them more than capable. Brentwood Academy stays undefeated in the county.

PREDICTION: Academy 27, Centennial 16

Look for BA to put this one away early!! Too much offense for a lackluster Cougar Defense. Too much inexperience for the Cougars on D and NO dominate players.

The Cougar Offense on the other hand will prove more than potent against some of their weaker opponents, however this game is not one of them. Too predictable on offense and they do not possess a speed back that can just leave em'. When they can't run they won't throw! The only team I have seen like that around! My prediction BA 38 Centennial 12. thumb

Stringmusic- Great post!! I love your quote " When they can't run they won't throw!" That, in a nutshell, summarizes why I give their coach such a hard time on these boards. He had Bates, who could throw, and he never used him, or the QB he replaced him with effectively!!! Put eight in the box and this team might as well head to the showers!

BA56 Centennial 14

Edited by BigDogDaddy