Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

Well, anyone have any thoughts on the play-by-play from Tinkle on the OC game? ... Driving home, after dropping off one car-pooler and on the way to pick up another, we cruised past the WQAK-QAK building. No lights on. No one home.

Why would anyone stay that late on a Friday night at the station.. The workers there have other things they need to be doing.. Whether it be enjoying their favorite adult beverages, seeing LERCH :D or Susie or getting plenty of rest to get ready for one of their three other jobs on the weekends, folks need to realize these people are just part-time hired hands and take time out of the busy schedules they have to provide the best coverage possible :o Because as others have said, the main thing is promoting the kids.. As far as OCCHSviaChattanooga comments on TN clearing his throat earlier, maybe he's just excited to get the scores to the people in a timely manner.. AND REMEMBER FOLKS, you heard here first! thumb

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sportsradiotn..is that you? haha i dont guess i should say your name but i played basketball at south fulton for a few years...if its you...you always called me JT. im just at school and thought id see what was goin on with south fulton athletics..lol. well anyway..write back and tell me if its you...

Edited by JDub22

sportsradiotn..is that you? haha i dont guess i should say your name but i played basketball at south fulton for a few years...if its you...you always called me JT. im just at school and thought id see what was goin on with south fulton athletics..lol. well anyway..write back and tell me if its you...

825339179[/snapback]

I don't remember calling you JT on the air while I did South Fulton games 98-2000 on WAKQ and 2001-2002 on WENK. It's good to hear from you though. Have you talked to #24 lately? E-mail me.

Edited by sportsradiotn

Well, anyone have any thoughts on the play-by-play from Tinkle on the OC game? ... Driving home, after dropping off one car-pooler and on the way to pick up another, we cruised past the WQAK-QAK building. No lights on. No one home.

Why would anyone stay that late on a Friday night at the station.. The workers there have other things they need to be doing.. Whether it be enjoying their favorite adult beverages, seeing LERCH :D or Susie or getting plenty of rest to get ready for one of their three other jobs on the weekends, folks need to realize these people are just part-time hired hands and take time out of the busy schedules they have to provide the best coverage possible :o Because as others have said, the main thing is promoting the kids.. As far as OCCHSviaChattanooga comments on TN clearing his throat earlier, maybe he's just excited to get the scores to the people in a timely manner.. AND REMEMBER FOLKS, you heard here first! thumb

825338852[/snapback]

I said nothing of clearing his throat...He makes this annoying CLICKING sound!!!!!!....LOL...And you got to do better than excitement as an excuse...Cause it didn't sound from the time I heard the show anyone was too excited....LOL...But its been what three weeks since then,so I got to remember the radio next time. Maybe he has stopped the noise....Nobody else probably noticed it..I'm just probably over critical of anything about the show....But then again I have heard NOBODY say they prefer this show to the play-by-play.....Do you guys take call-ins during the show??You know a little banter from the fans?? :justwrestle:

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

...He makes this annoying CLICKING sound

But then again I have heard NOBODY say they prefer this show to the play-by-play.....Do you guys take call-ins during the show??You know a little banter from the fans?? :o

825339269[/snapback]

It was decided that call ins would not work because everyone that called would more than likely have a chip on the shoulder because of the change in format.. Not that it would bother me if they called in and showed displeasure on what was going on because it would probably be entertaining as anything.. :justwrestle: But due to the latest FCC crackdown on language and the use of foul language, you just can't risk that on a live call in show with some loose cannons out there :D

And Don't Forget, you heard it here first!! thumb

It was decided that call ins would not work because everyone that called would more than likely have a chip on the shoulder because of the change in format.. Not that it would bother me if they called in and showed displeasure on what was going on because it would probably be entertaining as anything.. :lol:  But due to the latest FCC crackdown on language and the use of foul language, you just can't risk that on a live call in show with some loose cannons out there :blink:

And Don't Forget, you heard it here first!! thumb

825339378[/snapback]

thumb You are probably right ...But you know the good folks of Obion County wouldn't be using any foul language....LOL..... :lol:

thumb  You are probably right ...But you know the good folks of Obion County wouldn't be using any foul language....LOL..... :unsure:

825339594[/snapback]

Yes I would guess that the call in show would have been interesting to say the least, and with many fans still upset with this, I think it could have been risky. So that was likely the best move. And yes NWHOOPS, this thread has taken a life of it's own, which I guess just shows that alot of people are very loyal to their teams and their kids. And I think that is a good thing. As redbird has said several times, we have the right to voice our opinions, and alot of people had done that here. And remember, 7:30 Friday night in Covington, Reg. 7AAA clash, make the trip, and support our kids.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

Yes I would guess that the call in show would have been interesting to say the least, and with many fans still upset with this, I think it could have been risky. So that was likely the best move. And yes NWHOOPS, this thread has taken a life of it's own, which I guess just shows that alot of people are very loyal to  their teams and their kids. And I think that is a good thing. As redbird has said several times, we have the right to voice our opinions, and alot of people had done that here. And remember, 7:30 Friday night in Covington, Reg. 7AAA clash, make the trip, and support our kids.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

825340092[/snapback]

And for Rebel fans who yearn for play-by-play, take your headset with you! Our friends at 93.5 in Covington will carry the game in its entirety beginning at 7:15. Yes video may have killed the radio star, but updates haven't killed play-by-play!

On your way listen to

The "Pre-Game Meal" Fridays 6:30-7:00 on 101.3 & 97.7(which comes in very well in Covington)

Hey chattanooga i know what you mean and i was screaming for a tackle in the press box! hopefully this past week wasn't a sign of what is to come. It's not that they weren't tackling well yes they weren't but when they brokedown in the secondary to make a tackle #8 just went right around them he was fast. also the offensive line completely broke down but ol #7 did a great job passing which i think everyone was wanting to see but he ran a whole lot from defense breaking through the line or i think there would have been a lot more. Also they did a good job by taking him off defense so he could get some rest but he might have to go back on but i would put him at free safety so he could stay halfway fresh. yeah it's great when you score thirty points but it don't mean jack if they score 48. But they showed great heart by not giving up and just kept grinding it out that is when you see what type of team you have if they give up or fight adversity and stay in the game and play it like it is 0 to 0. Great trick plays loved em. GO REBS!!!

Obviously there was nobody that could help me out on why I should have listened to the "update show".Here it is 3 days later and I couldn't get one reason to listen...Oh well,I forgot my radio anyway.... :blink:

What I would do for just ONE stop on defense....LOL.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825338231[/snapback]

Yes video may have killed the radio star, but updates haven't killed play-by-play!

On your way listen to

The "Pre-Game Meal" Fridays 6:30-7:00 on 101.3 & 97.7(which comes in very well in Covington)

825340190[/snapback]

I'm curious NWHOOP, do you get a certain percentage every time you mention your pre-game show on here? :D .. Did you work that out with BIG BROTHER in the contract?? :lol: Folks at the game will have a golden opportunity to tune in to the local Covington station.. Folks who can't make the trip, well 104.9 will have score updates and reports for ya thumb YeS!! everyone will get a voice.. As for me, I'll be halfway there ;) .. Isn't that a Bon Jovi song??

I'm curious NWHOOP, do you get a certain percentage every time you mention your pre-game show on here? :unsure: .. Did you work that out with BIG BROTHER in the contract?? :huh: Folks at the game will have a golden opportunity to tune in to the local Covington station.. Folks who can't make the trip, well 104.9 will have score updates and reports for ya thumb YeS!! everyone will get a voice.. As for me, I'll be halfway there B) .. Isn't that a Bon Jovi song??

825340494[/snapback]

No percentage, just generating an audience. And remember, you heard it here first!

The "Pre-Game Meal" Fridays 6:30-7:00 on 101.3 & 97.7.

I'm curious NWHOOP, do you get a certain percentage every time you mention your pre-game show on here? :huh: .. Did you work that out with BIG BROTHER in the contract?? B) Folks at the game will have a golden opportunity to tune in to the local Covington station.. Folks who can't make the trip, well 104.9 will have score updates and reports for ya thumb YeS!! everyone will get a voice.. As for me, I'll be halfway there B) .. Isn't that a Bon Jovi song??

825340494[/snapback]

Exactly Rebirdfan, the people who can't make the game want the play-by-play :unsure: not some update. Oh also, I didn't feel like going through all the previous post, but will we be just getting updates during basketball as well??

Want my play-by-play

Edited by FullcourtPress