Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that audio from the tv cable station in Lake co. live, and if so, is it on am or fm

825351396[/snapback]

Yes, it was live when I was at Lake County games during basketball season. It's not am or fm...the audio is on one of their cable channels in Tiptonville and the surrounding area that scrolls weather info and local events coming up - that's how it was described to me by the person calling the games.

Who's Robin?  I'm Batman! 

Seriously, though, he did state that it was the Weakley County stations not being taken seriously...nothing said about the Gibson County stations.  I hate to distance myself from you now...but...

As you know, not everyone likes that style of play by play done by Big Brother...but some people do and he does cover the county pretty well.  So, I would say that for what the Weakley County stations are trying to accomplish, they've pretty much been successful.  As the ole adage goes "you can't please everyone all the time." 

As Forrest Gump said, "That's all I got to say about that."  I've got to be careful on this forum. :D

825351436[/snapback]

I wasn't lumping you into the comment, just using you as a sounding board. Die hard fan I agree with your sentiments.I think the point can be made that any quality or style of play-by-play better serves a rural area where many listen for their loved ones name to be called.

You got a remote camera hook up? How are you going to see everyone? Crystal ball?

You never know Mr. I wish Louisville basketball was as good as Kentucky :D ,

Those radio band frequency thang-a-ma-jigs could get fired up when the big game is in TOWN!! The Shadow KNOWS B)

825351490[/snapback]

Louisville basketball isn't as good as Kentucky....IT'S BETTER! In fact, It's PITINORIFIC!!!

NWhoop,

I was just having a little fun with ya! We are all part of the same family.

Ya know why you haven't heard back??  First off, it's not your call.

Think about this.  You've got 4 teams in Weakley County, Lake County, UC, which has play-by-play too I think, and South Fulton, along with the Fulton teams getting coverage week in and week out.  8 Happy areas in the listening radius, 1 mad.  You take the pick.

Now, onto whoever said this show was a ripoff of the 97.7 Scoreboard show.  No, it's not.  It is an upgrade because Y105's people enunciate.

825350852[/snapback]

That Barker guy talks well enough but that Neely guy sounds like he's that 97.7 scoreboard show guy's son.

We've been able to hear some So Fulton games on W.F.U.L. out of Fulton. Thank goodness for them.

As for the parent being sick and couldn't be at the game Friday night....That was exactly my point wayyyyy back when this thread was first started....That's a shame...Another thing,I'm in Chattanooga,trying to get back in Union City.When I come back,and it could be soon,I will probably have to come back on second shift...What am I suppose to do then??..At least with play-by-play,I could LISTEN to the game..And what is up with WOBT-TV showing Westview-Humboldt over the weekend....I was looking forward to watching the replay of UC-MILAN....Has everyone but WENK gone crazy in Obion Co.??.... thumb

Ya know why you haven't heard back??  First off, it's not your call.

Think about this.  You've got 4 teams in Weakley County, Lake County, UC, which has play-by-play too I think, and South Fulton, along with the Fulton teams getting coverage week in and week out.  8 Happy areas in the listening radius, 1 mad.  You take the pick.

Now, onto whoever said this show was a ripoff of the 97.7 Scoreboard show.  No, it's not.  It is an upgrade because Y105's people enunciate.

825350852[/snapback]

I thought about it and I still don't like it.The great thing about the whole situation is I don't have to listen to it.As far as being the 1 mad person in the bunch,apparently you've not paid any attention to this thread.But like I said,nobody at the station cares anyway.I will continue to listen 97.7 for my scores around the area.You know,they give updates and have play by play. :angry: Interesting concept,don't you think?

Edited by rebfan65

I thought about it and I still don't like it.The great thing about the whole situation is I don't have to listen to it.As far as being the 1 mad person in the bunch,apparently you've not paid any attention to this thread.But like I said,nobody at the station cares anyway.I will continue to listen 97.7 for my scores around the area.You know,they give updates and have play by play. :D Interesting concept,don't you think?

825351754[/snapback]

As a former President (that I did not like) once said, "I feel your pain". But the bottom line is that this is going to continue until those at the station decide otherwise, if that ever happens. Until then, we have to get thru it. The thing is that we, as Rebel fans will continue to support "our kids" with or without the radio, and as I said earlier, just watch this bunch the rest of the season. As for the continued hints about we may fire up the radio stuff, and we may do this or that, again as I said earlier, if the game is gonna be covered it would be the professional thing to do to let the fans know. This back and forth, we may, we may not is no fair to the players, parents, and fans of team. And as for the parent who is sick, I want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. I told someone when this first started, that although this is not my fault, and I had nothing to do with it, I feel like I am letting people down by not being there, because I was always there, and those that could not make the game could hear it. I hate that this is no longer the case, but as I have said many times before, if I could change it I would, but I can not. Friday night, OC/UC, BE THERE!!!!! and be there early

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a former President (that I did not like) once said, "I feel your pain". , but as I have said many times before, if I could change it I would, but I can not. Friday night, OC/UC, BE THERE!!!!! and be there early

GO REBELS!!!!!!!

Now, NOw! VoREBS , we are not supposed to NOT LIKE anyone, just disagree with their policies.. I'm sure that's what you meant :) As it relates to the matter at hand, I'm hoping that no one is blaming anyone else on why games are not being covered on a play by play basis.. Both you and I know this was a managment decision and at the time that's what everyone had to deal with.. A message was passed along that a flood of calls that came to the station when this first became known is simply not true :P I'm sure others are upset, but they have been limited in number as far as voicing their displeasure with the current format.. But have no fear, as another President once said "We're turning the corner" :D No one can predict, including yours truly, on what lies ahead.. But HEY, I always try to stay optimistic and look for the positive side of things.. In Conclusion, good luck to both teams on Friday, but as in another post here's one for my ole home boys

OC 34

UC 24

Go Rebels! thumb

As a former President (that I did not like) once said, "I feel your pain". , but as I have said many times before, if I could change it I would, but I can not. Friday night, OC/UC, BE THERE!!!!! and be there early

GO REBELS!!!!!!!

Now, NOw! VoREBS , we are not supposed to NOT LIKE anyone, just disagree with their policies.. I'm sure that's what you meant :) As it relates to the matter at hand, I'm hoping that no one is blaming anyone else on why games are not being covered on a play by play basis.. Both you and I know this was a managment decision and at the time that's what everyone had to deal with.. A message was passed along that a flood of calls that came to the station when this first became known is simply not true :D I'm sure others are upset, but they have been limited in number as far as voicing their displeasure with the current format.. But have no fear, as another President once said "We're turning the corner" :P No one can predict, including yours truly, on what lies ahead.. But HEY, I always try to stay optimistic and look for the positive side of things.. In Conclusion, good luck to both teams on Friday, but as in another post here's one for my ole home boys

OC 34

UC 24

Go Rebels! thumb

825352458[/snapback]

Redbird, it is well known that yes this was a decision made by the management to change formats, although several people that I talked to stated that when they spoke with someone at the radio station, an attempt was made to blame me. But you and I and now most everyone else know that this change in format came from management. As for the "limited" number of calls, I base what I said earlier on the growing number of people who told me that they had called the station to voice their opinions, I believe they called as they told me they did. The people that I personally have talked to that say they have called would be more than a limited number. I would be interested to see a running total of calls for and against the new format, but that will never happen. You and I also know that this is not about the people doing updates, or you guys in the studio, it is about two schools who feel they have had their coverage taken from them. The people that are hurt by this are the players, the parents and the fans. Everyone can't make every game, that was our job. I always looked at this, as I know you did as a public service. It was about being involved with your community, and yes it was alot of fun for me personally to broadcast the games. At this point alot of people are still very upset that their games are not covered with play-by-play. Yes I know that the station is doing updates, but that is not covering the game, that is just what is says, updates. As said on an earlier post, those who can't make the games due to sickness, work, or whatever, counted on the radio station to allow them to enjoy the game at home. I have no problems with you or anyone else involved with the new format, I still do not feel that this format best serves the listeners. I as a parent, and alot of other parents and fans from OC and SF would like to see things go back to the way they were, but that is not your decision, or mine, or the LARGE group of people who want it to happen, that decision belongs to the management of the station. As for the game here's my best guess:

OC-28

UC-14

Oh..by the way redbird, see you in the NLCS, Cards/Cubs, it will be GREAT!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS