Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

sportsradio....You would know about quality, you do a QUALITY PLAY-BY-PLAY broadcast every week. Oh...enjoyed your broadcast of the OC/Trenton game. Thanks for the coverage. From across the field you may not have been able to see all the headsets, but they were there, and 97.7 was tuned in.  thumb

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!

825380888[/snapback]

Thanks to all who listened from OC the past two weeks...I enjoyed seeing OC play the past two weeks.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The better question is "are you?"  ;)

But, no...I broadcast Trenton Peabody and Gibson County football as you well know.  Plus, coming soon, TP, GC & Bradford basketball to 97.7.

825381314[/snapback]

You are right, that is the better question. However, I feel that if the station attempts to come in and do a playoff game live, they would not walk into a friendly situation. That would be a slap in the face, to all of our kids that have worked hard all year. And while I have heard some say, the listeners have calmed down, trust me they have not. This is still a very touchy subject with ALOT of people. What about basketball? Are the listeners going to be treated to more updates, or will those games be live play-by-play? Redbird, maybe you could provide some information on that topic. Or do they even know what they are going to do yet. Congrats to your Cards, do i see a sweep of the 'stros. Could be.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before discussions even begin on doing a Live Play by Play Playoff game, one must be sure there WILL BE a Playoff game to begin with :) If it's a situation where folks may not be received friendly if they show up for a game,well that's not my problem.. Would these folks rather have 50% of something or 100% of nothing?? :lol: SportsRadio, my props to you for the work you've done in sports over the years whether it be play by play for high school, or various sports reports and interviews you've done with your special segments.. You've got a passion about what you're doing, you are very informative and you do your homework which is always a plus. NWHOOPster, Hats off on the Pre-game meal program. From what I"ve heard(when I can get a chance to listen) You keep it real on the info tip.

Most of those ole NKA guys always keep it real.. Nice Job. Don't forget, you are the mastermind behind the 7AA/13AA hoop challenge.. It looks like it's going to happen ..As far as basketball coverage and what is going to happen, again I'm about as clueless as Quayle at a spelling bee :) Wait and see what happens. And last but certainly not least, I'm a realist when it comes to these baseball playoffs. It'll be tough to sweep with Clemens and Oswalt going, maybe my Birds can prove me wrong.. Just remember, when it's Primetime, the stars come out, you think about Hollywood. It's all about EDMONDS BABy!! :lol:

WE BELIEVE !!!! What A TEAM, What a Town, What a TIME!!

Before discussions even begin on doing a Live Play by Play Playoff game, one must be sure there WILL BE a Playoff game to begin with :) If it's a situation where folks may not be received friendly if they show up for a game,well that's not my problem.. Would these folks rather have 50% of something or 100% of nothing?? :lol: SportsRadio, my props to you for the work you've done in sports over the years whether it be play by play for high school, or various sports reports and interviews you've done with your special segments.. You've got a passion about what you're doing, you are very informative and you do your homework which is always a plus. NWHOOPster, Hats off on the Pre-game meal program. From what I"ve heard(when I can get a chance to listen) You keep it real on the info tip.

Most of those ole NKA guys always keep it real.. Nice Job. Don't forget, you are the mastermind behind the 7AA/13AA hoop challenge.. It looks like it's going to happen ..As far as basketball coverage and what is going to happen, again I'm about as clueless as Quayle at a spelling bee :)  Wait and see what happens. And last but certainly not least, I'm a realist when it comes to these baseball playoffs. It'll be tough to sweep with Clemens and Oswalt going, maybe my Birds can prove me wrong.. Just remember, when it's Primetime, the stars come out, you think about Hollywood. It's all about EDMONDS BABy!! :lol:

WE BELIEVE !!!!  What A TEAM, What a Town, What a TIME!!

825382971[/snapback]

Thanks Redbird, and don't think for a minute any of us believe the updates were your idea. Sportsradio & I have expressed our opinion of the move early on & since have tried to inform listeners when they CAN get Play by Play if that's what they desire. I personnally, because when I'm in the stands of one game I am seeking scores of others, have listened to you a good deal. The concept is solid. It works well in other markets. I still don't think this is the market for it and its overall professionalism (present company excluded) leaves something to be desired. I'm looking forward to basketball & we'll see what you guys do.

Ok folks, I'm upset... I just came home this weekend (The first time in almost a year) and I find out that the game is not on the radio anymore. So I log on here and find all the details on the site. Let me voice my point of view here and several of you will know who I am.

I started my career at the station you are discussing here, I'm not sure who the "screen-names" are here, but I know Danny and he has only provided a excited verison of OCCHS Sports. Was he basis, probably... but I also know Jim Cawley... is he basis to UCHS, yes... that the greatest thing is that you could get Obion County sports on two radio stations and cheer on both teams. No problem.

The issue here is about FORMAT... listen, I've worked in broadcast for more than 20 years and at some of the best stations in this country... for many more years WENK has pretty much done the same thing. I know they've changed some things, but they are still pretty much the same.

The secret to success in this market. Support the community! Stop trying to do it with the music. In this day and age of CD, MP3 Players and so on, it's not about the FORMAT... it's about what you bring to the community. If listeners want to make an impact... don't listen to them and make sure that you don't shop at advertisers who advertise with them and tell those advertisers that as long as they support a station that doesn't support its community. You'll find you can make a very visable impact quickly.

In regards to the playoffs for OCCHS and the station want to air those. Charge the station for the rights to air the programming. It is a slap in the face when a station tries to pull that kind of bull.

The FCC requires radio stations to SUPPORT THIER COMMUNITY. If you feel they are not providing a public service. Issue a complaint with the FCC. That too will also get the impression across quickly.

Anyone who would like to contact me offline, feel free to email me at bbgocats@msn.com.

As for Danny... dude, put together an advertising package and talk to Terry, you may be able to work out a deal there on KF99 or WENK... pay yourself for your efforts. You also have the Dyer County stations that could do something too. Even if DC doesn't make it to the playoffs. Most of Obion County can hear those signals too.

Go OCCHS!!! thumb

In regards to the previous post, some words of wisdom, and those are::

1) two sides to every story :P

2) Don't pass judgement until you know ALL the FACTS! :D

3) You, along with others, can contact the radio station with any LOGICAL discussion and I'm sure they'll explain the situation to you instead of just

writing about it on this site.. They don't read this and phones still work in this area

4) with your law degree in hand, please inform us the FCC rules concerning what radio stations must carry in their community in regards to music, news , sports, etc

In conclusion, can't say that I know ya, but I do understand your points of view and your opinions, among others, that have been shared on this post. thumb

In regards to the previous post,  some words of wisdom, and those are::

1) two sides to every story :lol:

2) Don't pass judgement until you know ALL the FACTS! :huh:

3) You, along with others, can contact the radio station with any LOGICAL discussion and I'm sure they'll explain the situation to you instead of just

writing about it on this site.. They don't read this and phones still work in this area

4) with your law degree in hand, please inform us the FCC rules concerning what radio stations must carry in their community in regards to music, news , sports, etc

In conclusion, can't say that I know ya, but I do understand your points of view and your opinions, among others, that have been shared on this post. thumb

825384408[/snapback]

:angry:

In the words of the honorable Lil John - "What?!?"

Edited by sportsradiotn

In regards to the previous post,  some words of wisdom, and those are::

1) two sides to every story B)

2) Don't pass judgement until you know ALL the FACTS! :D

825384408[/snapback]

redbird....you keep talking about "all the facts", well what are they. That and the "two sides to every story" comment both keep coming up. What are the two sides, I know what i was told by the station managment, and there were not two sides. And as far as all the facts, unless they have changed I was told the reason for the change. And as to the fact that they don't read this, THEY may not, but they know what is on here. I know this for a fact, as I have had it quoted to me in the past.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's correct!

They own the business and have the right to choose the direction / method of

broadcasting.

In the same respect, we as listeners can choose to listen to the broadcast or not!

Forget the polka music direction! Maybe, the next change will be in the direction

of the Latino market. We do have an increasing population of Hispanics in our area!

thumb PUMP UP THE WATTAGE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

But, I'll never no since I don't choose to listen to these stations, anymore!!!!!!!