South Doyle @ Alcoa

Tom142

You are correct, it was just based on the jamboree...but PLEASE, it's a jamboree.  Alcoa could've had an off night, heck Maryville had an off night too, it's just one quarter, why would you base anything on a jamboree.

825304277[/snapback]

You are right a Jamboree is not a great way to base a teams future success. But what else has one to base things upon. I mean in game #14 of the year Alcoa was drilled 55-6 and Lipscomb called off the dogs in the 3rd qtr as I remember it. Another poster stated Coach Reid has those boys hitting the weight room. Well most of the other teams have one of those. Win the game then talk smack. Good luck at SD.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FB

for one theres not just 3 athletes...alcoa's whole starting roster is full of athletes...probley wont believe that but trust me i know them and i know what they can do. and as far as sayin alcoa wont beat a BC team based on the jamboree i dont know what your smokin. Yes alcoa struggled on defense aganst an offense that they have really never seen before, split vear back which is very rare, but on offense they were almost awsome. dustin had over 130 yds rushing and the offensive line just blew PF's d-line off the ball. Doing this to PF isnt too much to brag about but out of all the teams that played alcoa had the best game. But your just gonna read this thinkin im just another tornado fan gettin my hopes up...but im telling you... these boys are ready to turn some heads, fell short last year but look for them to come out playing like its playoff time aganst SD.

Don`t doubt what Coach Hutchins can do before the season even starts.Coach Hutch is one of the best young coaches in the area,he doesn`t have the athletes needed to turn that program around in just one year.Give him some time,things will get turned around.He has to change the attitude at SD before he can change the win-loss record.All that said,Acoa should win the game.

Acoa 38

SD 7

Why did Alcoa only win 7-0 last year?  Any particular reason why it was so close?

Tornadoes by 21.

825304386[/snapback]

Some reasons that we only scored 7 was becuase we were weak. We just got a new coach, and we were geting use to things. We have got a whole lot stronger from the weight program that coach Reid has brought. We are 10 times stronger than we were last year, and we are ready to bring it this year

Alcoa 42

SD 12

Our line O- line will completely blow SD's D off the ball. Defense will be sharp, as far as I know SD isn't much of a passing threat, (at least not last year), so I don't know how much of a workout our secondary will get. SD will maybe score on the second teamers, but I don't see them having any production against the first team.

The reason I haven't bought into the talk about how Alcoa can't be stopped this year by anyone is simply because, the year hasn’t begun yet!  If your basing your posts on the jamboree or last year, then how could one think Alcoa is some type of dominate team because of Coach Reid's weight training program in now two years old?  Coach Reid, a fine guy, decent coach, was at WB for 4-5 years as a defensive coordinator I think and did little for that program in terms of being dominate.

FBE, I know you're a Rebel fan, but don't say Alcoa didn't look decent in the Jamboree, because to me, they moved the ball very well. Maryville looked suspect on defense along with alcoa. Wb was ok, and heritage was decent at times. So don't just say Alcoa won't win a game in the county! Besides all of that good luck this Friday at Carter!! thumb

You are right a Jamboree is not a great way to base a teams future success.  But what else has one to base things upon.  I mean in game #14 of the year Alcoa was drilled 55-6 and Lipscomb called off the dogs in the 3rd qtr as I remember it.  Another poster stated Coach Reid has those boys hitting the weight room.  Well most of the other teams have one of those.  Win the game then talk smack.  Good luck at SD.

825304330[/snapback]

FBE, once again you are right about Alcoa losing to DL, but correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt' Maryville watching the the state game on T.V. along side Alcoa???? Like you said though, "Win the game then talk smack". Good Luck again!! B)