Who will be the top seniors next year?

REBELRON

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowman could be the top receiver in the country next year, I am glad I got to see him in person (sophomore year). It's a pretty good statement about the individual talent that's come out of Chattanooga, a relatively small city with only seven 4A-5A schools. Bowman next year, Riggs-arguably the top running back in the country last fall, and the best offensive and defensive linemen ever in the NFL-John Hannah of Baylor and Alabama, and Reggie White of Howard and UT. As far as great teams however, except for a few, you'd have to go back to the Central and Baylor teams from way back in the day.

Wesley Satterfield is qb/kicker at Trousdale County. Joe Sanders of Hillsboro has the size in the d-line. Cody Bliss is rocket punter at Brentwood Academy. Jacquez Williams at Gallatin is RB/DB playmaker. Austen Everson, QB at Brentwood, offers potential but is about to go through coaching change. Really feel the Russell kid at Hillsboro is vastly over-rated - saw them play four times last year and he wasn't even a blip on my screen. Aydelott's got the real deal in rising junior LB Walter Fisher, who goes about 6'3" and 220 and had 130 stops as a soph.

Jeremy Taylor should be an outstanding senior in 2002. He has grown in both stature and maturity in the off-season and increased his overall strength. He is just under 6' tall and about 255lbs. Bench Press- 300lbs, Squat-550 lbs, Clean-300lbs, Military Press-200lbs. He runs a 4.9 40 yard dash (good for a big guy) and is feared and respected both on and off the field of competition. Jeremy is also a great track and fielder! Good luck JT in 2002! We are counting on you to be one of our leaders!

While they may not be the best individually, Shelbyville Central High School has a pretty potent threat coming back in J.T. Carkuff (QB), Jaymond Perry (FB-LB) and Matt Taylor (WR-DB).

Carkuff is an above average quarterback who could do a lot more if the O-line allowed him more time to throw. Perry is a load to bring down at fullback, but his college future lies at linebacker. He's built in the Zach Thomas mold. Taylor, son of former Vanderbilt quarterback and current Golden Eagle coach Whit Taylor, is one of the top free safeties in the state and has been near the top of the charts in interceptions state-wide the past two years. Don't be surprised if you also see him in a major college football program next fall.

spring hill has a couple of division I prospects in their quarterback, Jason Hoath and their defensive end, Steven Ackley. Hoath is as strong running the ball as he is throwing it and has good stats even though the team hasn't been winning, and shows great leadership as does Ackley who is as hard hitting as they get. Both these boys are honor students as well.I believe they have both received several letters from some big-time universities.