West Tn. 2A Football

MrGoodwrench

You need to work on your reading skills, Bud. Where did you go to school? Dresden will be 6-4 and play a road playoff game if they are lucky. I saw them last year at Camden. They will be no better this year.

He went to dresden would be my guess. :lol:

i think dresden we'll be one of the two surprise teams this year. the other one being camden. dresden is just as good if not better than they were last year.looked good in a scrimmage vs.hunnington also. i don't think westview will be the surprise team by any means a improved record yes a big surprise a big no.

I think.........very different. If dresden wins 3 games that will be the big surprise. Fast Fact bud, last year dresden had a good year when all the teams that usually beat them had bad years, even still they couldn't beat UC which were winless UNTIL they played Dresden. Nuff said.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna go the other way...The surprise team will be Union City...not for how many they will win but for how many they will lose.....If they play like what I saw of the game in the second half vs JCM they will lose 10 games....But on the bright side when they move to 1A ball they will run roughshod over Reg 8 1A if that is where they are put.....As bad as they are they would still win that region this year.....

Speaking of Union City going to 1A I heard Mckenzie was Going 1A also. I also heard Mckenzie declined to play 2A even though they were on the bubble. The Rebels had rather play the Bulldogs of Gleason than the Bulldogs of Milan . What's up with that??

825310556[/snapback]

When a school changes divisions, I believe that all sports have to agree to play in that particular class. From what little I know, I believe it was the basketball teams begging to play in 1A not the football team. But as for which bulldog team to play for a "W" I would pick Gleason too. The sad part is how do you get fired up to play Gleason?????

For all its worth, 2 Cents.

When a school changes divisions, I believe that all sports have to agree to play in that particular class.  From what little I know, I believe it was the basketball teams begging to play in 1A not the football team.  But as for which bulldog team to play for a "W"  I would pick Gleason too.  The sad part is how do you get fired up to play Gleason?????

For all its worth, 2 Cents.

825310629[/snapback]

Wannab, you would be correct. If one sport plays up, they all have to play up.

i think you need to refresh your football memory bud. henry co. is 5A. they haven't ever been good in football. thats why hunnington beat them not takin anything away from hunnington . however henry co. is a 5A school.

825310325[/snapback]

Do we need to jog your memory? Henry County has been good in football. Just because they've had some down years recently doesn't mean they haven't had any tradition in Paris.

The past 15 years have included some very successful seasons under James Counce and Scott Samsel...not to mention what the Patriots accomplished prior to Counce.

I take it from your username, you're a Dresden fan. What's your opinion on how the Lions are going to replace Bailey, Baker and company from last year's team.

Do we need to jog your memory? Henry County has been good in football. Just because they've had some down years recently doesn't mean they haven't had any tradition in Paris.

The past 15 years have included some very successful seasons under James Counce and Scott Samsel...not to mention what the Patriots accomplished prior to Counce.

I take it from your username, you're a Dresden fan. What's your opinion on how the Lions are going to replace Bailey, Baker and company from last year's team.

825310703[/snapback]

[/quote

only person dresden will miss from last year is price, all the rest gave up afer our game vs. milan. say what you want on how good they were in the end they quit gave up. we have a young hungry team this year.i'd alot rather have a young fast team than have a huge team that gives up b/c they weren't as good sd they thought they were, enough talk about all that you talk big in the off season, show it in season , time for everyone to sit back and see how it comes out.

all the rest gave up afer our game vs. milan.

LOL oh yeah thats right, MIlan only lost because Dresden gave up because they didn't like what the coach was telling them to do. LOL LOLOLOL

i'd alot rather have a young fast team

:huh: what team would that be? Dresden?? thumb :lol:

Did you read what I wrote? Can you read? Do they teach you to read at Dresden? Lookie here =>

I think.........very different. If dresden wins 3 games that will be the big surprise. Fast Fact bud, last year dresden had a good year when all the teams that usually beat them had bad years, even still they couldn't beat UC which were winless UNTIL they played Dresden. Nuff said.

Its the facts dresden will never be a 9-0 team until they get some athletes and an opened minded coaching staff. I've heard my stories about them. But yes, like you say buddie, "LETS SIT BACK AND SEE HOW GRRRRREEEEAAAAATTT DRESDEN IS GONNA BE" :lol:

Edited by iceman01

Iceman, where are you from? You sound as if you are obsessed with Dresden. Every post has been putting them down. Just curious as to why. Also to clarify what one poster said and you changed, they said that the "rest gave up AFTER the Milan game." This wouldn't mean that Milan won because Dresden gave up. Anyways enough of that. I think there are several teams that could surprise people this year. Camden, Humboldt, Riverside (after the way they played Crockett), and I think Westview's record will be much improved. I don't necessarily think they will be a surprise team because everyone is expecting them to be better.