Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

bud

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major Hoople,

We miss you in the Times-News...what's the deal? If CoachT is the only place to read your predictions, please let me know and I'll get the word out.

Should be a good game tonight...the Rebels are going to try to beat the Indians and I think the Indians are going to try hard, too...

OakRidgeCat,

We've got two games to play before we get the honor of playing you all, but, you are correct, it should be another great high school football contest...again...

Roll Tribe Roll

Thats a good question Skunk. Why no hoople picks in the timesnews today? i just called the sports desk, nobody in till 4:00. Anywho. This is a big game tonight at home. Newman's girlfiriend,(and I use that term loosly), is a Grad of SSU (sullivan south univ), so they have been going at it all week. Man it's a scene! I am not setting with that bunch tonight, their whacked!!

Spear Chuckers 45

Flag Waivers 6

Chop Chop

Cosmo

HUGE DB fan here, BUT.................

With all the trash talking I feel the need to remind the DB "know it alls" that South has pretty much DOMINATED DB's JV teams the last couple of years! With Coach Carter coming on board this year I have a feeling that his Rebels WILL be up for the challenge. I look for a much closer game than most of the Tribe supporters!

DB........ 27

South.....20

;)

That' funny. JV is important to building your Varsity Team. Scores.... Whatever.

On the other hand.... The D-B VARSITY TEAM has dominated South. 10 straight WINS. CLOSE GAMES? NO. AVERAGE SCORE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS.. Hold on to your seat... 34 - 7. TOTAL POINTS ARE 342 - 71.

DB has shut out South 3 times in that time span ('96,'98,'00). South scored 3 pts in another game ('01).

So South... Load up the kids in the Pick Up Trucks, line up at school and everyone follow eachother into Town.. Honk your horns, fly your Rebel Flags. Make all the noise you want to... before the game starts. Then, right after kick-off, take a seat and watch the DB INDIANS SCAP THE REBELS. IT WILL BE FUN

This game won't be nearly as close as the average score over the past 10 years.

DB 53

South 00

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!!

Newman's girlfriend ain't coming. She is riding in the back of a pick-up truck. Seems that they are having a 20 yr reunion ride to the game. She gets to waive the flag into town and Newman is ticked!! Hey tu, maybe South should let the JV team play?

Chop Chop

Cosmo

Edited by CosmoKramer

Reckon I hear is a real honor for a 20 year alumni to get to wave that flag, specially from the back of a pick 'em up truck.

They can wave all they want, 4000 plus fans will be waving to, waving bye bye as Duran toss's up a couple 50 yard TD's again and leaves the game early, to give them other boys a chance.

No pressure , no problem.

DB 38

The Reb's 9

Oh Bud and Artie how the heck are you boys? Its been a long year since what I thought would be the year of the Patriots. Turned out some Oak Ridge kids had something to say about that.

This is the year for DB if they dont get over the hump this year then they are truly cursed.

Dont know jack about SS but I think DB rolls in this one. Lookin forward to the Jeff Co/ DB game in Kingsport, Im at ETSU this year so I will be in attendance.