Huntingdon Jamboree Scores

@38320

Lexington 13 McKenzie 7

McKenzie still has an air attack and a half. Lexington looks better than they were last year.

Camden didn't look as good as they did in the scrimmages, but will be ready next Friday night for the Waverly Tigers.

Late score just in: Huntingdon 20, Henry County 0

Good games men. Go 6AA!

Edited by @38320

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight there was some very good football action down in the valley. McKenzie looked pretty good and looks as though they are going to hold their ground this year. The rebels had a touchdown that was taken away from the by a bonehead call from the refs. Also during the game a touchdown pass was dropped by one of the rebel receivers. Lexington was VERY lucky to escape with a jamboree Victory. Keep playin rebs because tonight was yours!!!

rebelman4life,

Don't get mad at me because I too am a Rebel for life!!! Paid my dues in McKenzie a long time ago and am still here. But, even though everything you said is true, we didn't get it done tonight. Too many penalties and mistakes.

Yeah, we have the potential but, they have to get the job done on the field or it doesn't count. "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda's" don't count on the scoreboard. Our offense needs to work the bugs out and the defense has got to step it up a bunch to get into the playoffs in the #2 spot. We don't even want to talk about the #1 spot right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight SHOULDA been ours but it wasn't. That was the first thing that went through my mind too. Actually it WOULDA been ours if we COULDA played a bit better. See what I mean. Hopefully, our Rebels will be OK this season. We will see but, there are some big tests ahead soon. If we can get Camden and Adamsville under our belt I'll feel better. And Riverside and Chester County....................!

Come on week #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Rebels!

Edited by duckman38201

Tonight there was some very good football action down in the valley. McKenzie looked pretty good and looks as though they are going to hold their ground this year. The rebels had a touchdown that was taken away from the by a  bonehead call from the refs. Also during the game a touchdown pass was dropped by one of the rebel receivers. Lexington was VERY lucky to escape with a jamboree Victory. Keep playin rebs because tonight was yours!!!

825309473[/snapback]

There was nothing about being "lucky" for Lexington last night. Both teams played well at times and bad at other times. Lexington was more balanced then Mckenize. I was not impressed with Mckenize's running game. The RB was slow. Your QB had to pass on every down to move the ball down the field. If Drew Hays ever gets hurt playing, this team won't win a another game!! And don't blame the ref's for "bad" calls, Lexington had the same problem. Good luck with your season! ;)

rebelman4life,

Don't get mad at me because I too am a Rebel for life!!! Paid my dues in McKenzie a long time ago and am still here. But, even though everything you said is true, we didn't get it done tonight. Too many penalties and mistakes.

Yeah, we have the potential but, they have to get the job done on the field or it doesn't count. "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda's" don't count on the scoreboard. Our offense needs to work the bugs out and the defense has got to step it up a bunch to get into the playoffs in the #2 spot. We don't even want to talk about the #1 spot right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight SHOULDA been ours but it wasn't. That was the first thing that went through my mind too. Actually it WOULDA been ours if we COULDA played a bit better. See what I mean. Hopefully, our Rebels will be OK this season. We will see but, there are some big tests ahead soon. If we can get Camden and Adamsville under our belt I'll feel better. And Riverside and Chester

County....................!

Come on week #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Rebels!

825309520[/snapback]

Duck,

How did Cook look at RB?

Remeber this is more or less a scrimmage that the score is kept in.But having said that, Camden looked good running and passing they just need to work on the recieving, there were several passes that should have been caught.Westview was a looker also, will only get better as the season progresses. I was not impressed w/ Bruceton, Mckenzie, or Lexington.Bruceton had nada, Mckenzie had passing, and Lexington had running. YOU CAN'T BE ONE DEMENSIONAL IN THIS GAME!!!!! On to the Stangs-----all I can say there is DEEEEEP! There is more depth on this team than all other 2a teams combined.Kegan Ball looked great w/ about five pancakes from full back.Hunter Hastings did great from that position as well.Weathers,Donald, and Hampton looked great from out of the back field.And, oh yeh Milan05, I believe that the o-line was using dyn-o-mite in the trenches last night 'cause I seen some huge holes open up!!!!! Now defense-one word-Murderous!!!!! If H-Town keeps the rotation up like last night there are going to be some tired opponents come half-time. GO STANGS!!!!! Great job coaches for utilizing all the talent you have! Play deep for a repeat.

Edited by ktrainfan

There was nothing about being "lucky" for Lexington last night. Both teams played well at times and bad at other times. Lexington was more balanced then Mckenize. I was not impressed with Mckenize's running game. The RB was slow. Your QB had to pass on every down to move the ball down the field. If Drew Hays ever gets hurt playing, this team won't win a another game!! And don't blame the ref's for "bad" calls, Lexington had the same problem. Good luck with your season! :lol:

825309578[/snapback]

I will agree that Lexington had a more balanced attack. I will also agree that the running game was not at its peak last night either. But the running back is slow?? Now you can believe me when I say this or choose not too, but Cook runs a consistent 4.6 40. No this isn't just from coaches this is from real deal college combines. But don't worry, once the line steps up you won't know whether to call in the Air Force to stop the passing attack or call in the tanks to stop the ground game!! But you guys won't know that this year since you ain't on our schedule but everyone else will. So best of luck to the Lexington Tigers, I believe you guys will go far this year!! Do West Tennessee proud!!

I realize that I may regret asking this question, but how did the Huntingdon offensive line look Friday night?  Were they dominating (as a 20 point half would indicate) or have all of the Milan fans who have said repeatedly that the Mustangs linemen aren't any good correct?  BigRedTiger, I wouldn't be so sure on your prediction that if Hayes were to get hurt, then McKenzie would not "win another game", LOL!!!  The Rebels have a kid in the backfield named Cook and I really believe that he would be good enough for them to beat the lesser teams in region 6-2A.

825310487[/snapback]

Huntingdon's line looked good. They had good size and looked like they knew what they were doing. I won't say they were dominating, but they certainly weren't pushovers either. Course rumor has it that Henry County used the second string... Anyone know if that is true??? And one last thing, "The Rebels have a kid in the backfield named Cook and I really believe that he would be good enough for them to beat the lesser teams in region 6-2A." So you believe that Cook is only good enough to compete with the bottom half of the region??