Centennial ...not all that

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twittycanes,

I agree that it would be good for the freshmen at BA to play their own 8 or 10 game schedule. If they have over 100 kids in the program only a few of the freshmen will likely get to play in the JV games and they only have 4 JV games. I for one like what some states do with their JV and Varsity games. They play the JV games at 4:30pm and the Varsity games start at 7:30pm on Friday evening. This allows the coaches, JV and Varsity to be together and play a full 10 game schedule which gives everyone alot of experience. The freshmen teams also play a 10 game schedule with games being played at 5:00pm on Thursday. Some schools with large numbers (over 40 freshmen) even have a JV Freshmen team that play their own 10 game schedule. The kids are not going to get better and stay focused if they don't get to play.

IMO it is fine to dress the freshmen for games to allow them to adjust to the big game atmosphere.

Actually Gallatin hasn't always been dominant.  Very good 30's and 40's.  Very bad in the 50's and 60's.  Very very good 70's.  Down right dominant 80's to early 90's.  Rest of 90's average.  2000 on have been very good again.  It is the ebb and flow of talent and coaching.  I think that we are on the upswing again.  It happens at every school.

825310254[/snapback]

It was a joke.

Twittycanes,

I agree that it would be good for the freshmen at BA to play their own 8 or 10 game schedule.  If they have over 100 kids in the program only a few of the freshmen will likely get to play in the JV games and they only have 4 JV games.  I for one like what some states do with their JV and Varsity games.  They play the JV games at 4:30pm and the Varsity games start at 7:30pm on Friday evening.  This allows the coaches, JV and Varsity to be together and play a full 10 game schedule which gives everyone alot of experience.  The freshmen teams also play a 10 game schedule with games being played at 5:00pm on Thursday.  Some schools with large numbers (over 40 freshmen) even have a JV Freshmen team that play their own 10 game schedule.  The kids are not going to get better and stay focused if they don't get to play.

IMO it is fine to dress the freshmen for games to allow them to adjust to the big game atmosphere.

825310570[/snapback]

Again, I think it would be fine for BA to field a freshman team...heck, the more football the better in my book. Yoiu might want to know, however, that a LOT of freshmen play in the JV games. Most years, at least half the playing time goes to that class. It's just the way it works out. Having said that, it might actually reduce the attrition rate between freshman and sophomore years if there were two separate teams.

Edited by itzme