Morristown East vs. Campbell County

EHSsuperfan

The 2004 season begins Friday for the 'Canes. Campbell County comes calling to Burke Tony Stadium. In last years game East won 21-0. However I don't see it being that easy for the 'Canes this year. It should a hard faught game for the most part. I really haven't seen Campbell County play, but I would assume they are improved from last year. Can the 'Canes acutally when a game without Palazolla, Fransico, and Simpson. This will be the first true test this year with new players at the "skilled pos." for East. I see it being a close game throughout the but East turns it on in the 2nd half. I pick East by 10, 24-14. What do you all think and how does Campbell County look this year. What type of offense and defense and who are some of the players I should watch? Thanks! GO 'CANES!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be very close with East winning in the 4th quarter. Campbell Co. will be a more run oriented team this year with the graduation of their qb. East has alot of injuries right now and need some players to step up and make plays in order to win. I think the game will come down to special teams and the turnovers in the game. Good luck Canes!

well, i just can't seem to make up my mind in this game as to whether Campbell County will pull it out. if they can go without getting hurt and hold the turnovers down to at the most 2 then i think that they will win the game in a close one. the one thing that i see happening against the cougars is depth because that's the one thing that CC still lacks. you want a player to watch, you better get used to seeing #26. he's dangerous and very hard to tackle. also a hard hitting safety on defense where he got all region last year as a sophomore. i'd give a prediction of CC 21--M-E 7 offense will be hard to come by against the Cougars this year.

lata

Shaunman

Edited by shaunman2006

East got some bad news this week with 4 starters not being able to play this week against Campbell Co. East will need some kids to step up and play well in order to survive Campbell Co. All the kids that are out for East have been injured during fall camp. Missing from the lineup is going to be 2 starting LB, 1 OT, and 1 RB. This game will have to be won by the defense of East and special teams. East will win a close game with Campbell Co. giving them everything they want and more.

As for the fullback, Blake Garretson, I know he isnt playing for another two weeks. Chris Wilson on of the LB's I would think would more than likely be out of the game after he suffered a kneecap out of place in last weeks pratice. I'm not sure about the other LB. But as for the OT, I would assume it would be Austin Coker, but I have talked to him recently and he told me he would be ready for the game Friday night. It has been that that Marshall U. has been looking at Coker, one of the top linemen in the state for Tennesee. Should be a great game! GO CANES!!!!!