8A

UC

Lake Co

South Fulton

Halls

Gleason

Greenfield

McKenzie

I know Perry County doesn't want to cross the river, but someone is probably going to have to. The two middle TN regions will probably have 8 teams each plus Unionville will have to join a region in two years. The middle regions could look like this:

5A

Jo Byrns

McEwen

Nashville Christian

Clarksville Acad

White House-Heritage

Forrest

Eagleville

Cascade

6A

Zion Christian

Mt Pleasant

Columbia Acad

Collinwood

Wayne Co

Moore Co

Huntland

Cornersville

It will interesting whay the TSSAA will do....They don't always seem to use their heads when they draw up regions and districts.....I see big crowds with Greenfield Gleason Lake County..huge crowd with South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>.....

Just a thought....With Obion Central staying 3A and UC dropping to 1A...Other than the gate....What is the advantage of the Rebels continuing playing UC...Its a no win situation for OC...If they win they are suppose to because they are bigger..If they lose its looked as an upset because a 1A beat a 3A....That argument has been used in other match-ups between big and small schools....In the past why wouldn't a UC play say Bruceton or USJ when UC couldn't find an opponent to play???Maybe they were a little worried one of those teams would beat them....Of course teams will line up to play UC now.....

Anyway OC plays alot of 2A teams...Westview,UC(now),McKenzie(now),Humboldt and Tenton.....I would like to see them move some of those 2A teams off the schedule and play up in their own classification....

825312396[/snapback]

UC has tried to schedule games with USJ and other small schools in the past. No one that small wants to play UC because of its winning history. As for OC playing AA schools, in the recent past and even some of the present AA schools are better than some of the AAA schools.

I still don't understand why they insist on splitting West Tennessee north/south instead of east/west. If Perry Co. is going to get stuck in the west again, why should we have to travel nearly to Memphis(Fayette Acad.) for a region game when teams like Gleason, McKenzie, etc. are so much closer. Why wouldn't this work?

Region7-1A

Perry County

Bruceton

McKenzie

West Carroll

Middleton

Gleason

Greenfield

Region 8-1A

Union City

South Fulton

Lake County

Halls

Fayette Academy

Trinity

JCS

Manassas(if they stay down)

You could even swap the two Jackson privates for Gleason and Greenfield, if you like. At least it would stop the killer trips for Fayette Acad. and Perry Co. every other year. And Manassas, if they decide to stay down, wouldn't have to go to Linden either.

Edited by 1AMAN

I would expect Manassas to play up because of the expense of travel.  They only time they have come to northwest TN has been the games that teams have paid them a decent sum to play. 

If they do move up, expect to see Trenton Peabody moved to 1A in football and that will put them in with UC, SF, GR, GL, LC and Halls.

825313229[/snapback]

Interesting point that I'm not sure about. Someone who knows for sure please post. Will teams electing to play up affect the "bubble" teams like Peabody or does it just imbalance the classes a little? I assumed the classifications were set and playing up just subtracted from one class total and added to the next.

UC has tried to schedule games with USJ and other small schools in the past. No one that small wants to play UC because of its winning history. As for OC playing AA schools, in the recent past and even some of the present AA schools are better than some of the AAA schools.

825313067[/snapback]

[/qu

USJ is a good enough team that I don't imagine they would be worried about UC even back when UC was beating everyone...Same with Bruceton when they were a powerful Single A team...I was just trying to make a point that some larger schools won't play a good smaller school because it doesn't "look good" to lose to them.Maybe Bruceton and USJ were bad examples,but I have heard rumors in the past that UC would not play those teams because of that.Even though I know that during that time UC would have beaten both teams...As far as OC goes I know that ...I have always thought that AA football in totality is better than AAA.I personally think the AA state championship is harder to win than any class except 5A..And watching all the state championship games last year didn't change my mind...The only team in Murfreesboro I thought could have beaten Huntingdon was Germantown and Riverdale...Supposing the Mustangs played the way they did vs. Lipscomb...I would just like to see the Rebels play a Crockett Co or a Jax SS,someone like that...Just like losing to McKenzie and Trenton last year..Across the state that is considered an upset beacause they are AA schools and small ones at that.