Kingston vs. Harriman

TightEnd82

;) the way i seen it. is that harriman isn't that good. they might need to buy some stickum for the hands so they can catch the ball. as for kingston, they are not that bad. a little more work, passing, and secondary they will be right there in the midst of things.

play of the game is the flee flicker that almost got a touchdown. #11-#4-#9. thumb

game of wiffle ball anyone? thumb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams looked sloppy. Harriman couldn't catch the ball and Kingston couldn't hold onto it. Harriman plays with alot of heart and determination. Eble played a heck of a game. Defensive coach at Kingston needs to reevaluate his 'zone' defense! Too loose and too many holes. It should tell you something as a coach when your secondary has done their assignments and you are still getting beat on the fade routes. The quick slants will kill kingston because of how deep the corners our playing off the ball. Secondary didn't play that bad, bad scheme! Thought the D line did very well. Offensively for Kingston, thought Vic was very conservative in his play calling. Whats the deal with so many QB sneaks? Moorfield had an outstanding game at RB. Adams showed some toughness that I didn't think he had. Honestly, thought these two did quality job in the backfield. Don't think Kingston missed much with them in the backfield. O line blocked well for the 1st game. Showed some wear and tear late in the game. Very physical game.

Harriman, had alot of missed opportunities that could have changed this game completely. 4 or 5 wide open dropped passes. Where was Ivey? Wasn't a prescence in the game. As reported before, Harrimans lack of size in the line will continue to hurt them this year, but maybe they can make up for that with the speed that they have. Thought Goddard and Hall would have had a better game.

As stated before, Harriman has alot of heart and that in itself is going to win them some ballgames this year.

Alot of emotion in this game, which was expected. Some pushing, shoving, and borderline late hits, on both sides. I know that is somewhat expected and glad that it never got out of hand. One incident that I saw towards the end of the game that was very disturbing to me. At the end of a play #33 from Harriman pulled his foot back, as he was standing over a downed Kingston lineman, and made the motion of kicking him in the ribs, but seemed to get his senses back just in time to stop before he made contact. Still got a flag from the ref., but what was #33 thinking? I know who this kid is, thought he was better than that. Very disappointed in him!

In closing, both teams will have a respectable season. Alot of emotion on both sides. Harriman seems to be playing this season with a 'chip' on their shoulder which if channeled correctly, will help them down the road. Kingston will need to adjust their secondary scheme and learn to hold onto the ball (#34) if they are going to be successful this year. One last thing, #34, learn how to be humble and stop trying too hard to draw all the attention to you. This is a team sport. I think Kingston can survive. Look at the 1st half.

Edited by bleachercoach

Bleachercoach, Im very disappointed in you for making that statement about #33 I can tell you youre right about one thing this is a great kid and this is not the place for you to make those comments about this kid. You dont have a clue what was or done to cause that emotion and as you stated he didnt kick anyway. When you dont know the whole story lets not be to hard on a 17 year old kid. I think we have heard and seen about all of that the last 2 weeks that anyone in Roane Co. can stand...

Bleacher coach...I don't think the comment you made about # 34 is accurate......When I saw him he was out there playing his heart out and when he wasn't in the game ,he was jumping and hollering for his team....If there's anything you need to do it's encourage these teams instead of downing them....

They are both going through some hard times right now....And yes these are kids are young,and they make mistakes. It's what kids do so don't be so hard on them. And it really isn't your place to make any comments about these kids...C'mon Grow UP

bballtn, easy partner! Just made a statement that I was disappointed in his actions. I have heard that he is a good kid, but that doesn't excuse his actions, as many have informed me about the kingston kids that did the hazing. I'm not trying to ignite a situation here. Just was pointing out that pushing, shoving, a little trash talk, etc., are all part of the game, but not kicking. I don't care if it was #12, #33, or someone from the Kingston team, I would make the same statement. Personally, I don't know the kid. I do know his name, and have been told he is a good person and good athlete. Did you really think that no one saw this and that no one would question it? No matter who the player was and what county he was from?

This was a good game and emotions were very well controlled besides for the occasional late hit or outburst. Both teams did look sloppy. I wasnt very impressed with Kingston at all. They need to pass the ball more. I was very impressed with #9 RB for Kingston. He ran hard and took his hits w/o showing any emotion. #34 if i can remember was one of the guys suspended for the hazing well I wish now they wouldnt have suspended him I think he fumbled 3 times in the 2nd half, he tried to give Harriman the game. He does need to learn some humility, you dont celebrate runs to rub it in someone's face after you have fumbled as many times as he did. Maybe he needs to stick to LB. Very impressed with Eble and I will again say he is the best QB in the county. Strong arm, accurate, and very good decisions. Wide Receivers from Harriman need to work on catching all week. If they come down with some of those passes in the first half then this would have been a different game and Eble may have thrown for 300 yards. This game reinstated the Harriman, Kingston rivalry and I think it has many people in the county not wanting to play Harriman. It is going to be a big year for Harriman. Best of luck to both teams.

Bleachercoach,Your the only one who has metioned it so not too many thought it was very big deal. Just dont want you to do injustice to a very good kid and student-athlete, when you first say you know him then you dont,make up your mind these are still 15-18 year old kids. Just try to say something postive when your calling out a kid by name or number... :rolleyes:

bleachercoach - let me tell you one thing right up front - you have never faced the wrath until you face the wrath of a mad momma. I can tell you who #33 for Harriman is because he belongs to me. He is Alex Hall, as most people that get on here and know anything about Harriman would know, and you knew that when you posted his number. My name is Donna Hall, Alex Hall's very very proud mother. Now, would you like to tell me who you are? And if it didn't matter who it was then why would you just have happened to pick out #12 (#33's best friend). I believe you know more than you let on. I hope that you are a youngster, because I get so sick and tired of adults using such a wonderful informative tool such as CoachT for "kid bashing". I don't guess you happened to see #33 being held for about 10 yards on the play that you were so quick to mention. I don't guess you seen alot of the other questionable calls that had our team so frustrated. These seniors have given it everything they have got for the last four years to try and bring some dignity back to Harriman football. This entire footballt team is playing their hearts out in spite of the way that they have been made fun of in the past. How dare you!!!! If you don't know my son and the kind of person that he is - shut your mouth! He is very good friends with most of the kids in this county and wouldn't intentionally hurt any of them. You seemed to miss the most important part - Alex got a little rattled and upset, but the integrity of that young man took over and he didn't kick anyone. My child may not be perfect, but he is a honest, loving, and caring young man. You have obviously never played football before, because it is apparent that you do not understand the intensity level on the playing field. Here's a little something to make you feel a little better: Alex just very recently lost both of his Papaws and he has dedicated this season to them and has said that he will play every game for them. I'm not making excuses for him but, he may be a little stressed and intense.

Actually, Mrs. Hall, the ONLY reason I brought this up was the simple fact that I don't see much of the difference of what #33 did, or should I say intended to do, than what you and most others in the Harriman part of this county have tried complain that the 'hazers' did or intended to do. Although I knew who #33 was by name, I was trying to be courtious by not using his name. I do not know him personnally, but have heard many good things about him and was very surprised by his actions. I was not attacking your child, but was pointing out something that I saw that happened during the game and was curious as to how many people saw this happen. Furthermore, how did this not constitute #33 being thrown out of the game, but #7 from Kingston getting thrown out for shoving #12?

If I wanted to bash your child, I would have used his name on here. I have no reason to think that he isn't as good of a kid as you have stated. I just know what I saw and stated that I was shocked to see him, or anyone else, attempt to do something like that. You have made it sound like I have labeled your child as a "thug" or something. Which I have not. Nor have I, like many in this county, labeled the "hazers" from Kingston as "thugs". What was the intent, in both actions?

By the way, I don't live in Roane Co., but did play football at Harriman during my days and have seen alot of football in my years. But, I don't believe I have every witnessed someone trying to kick another person while he was down, during a football game. Not saying it has never happened, just that I haven't seen it. If you want to excuse it due to emotions, thats up to you. To me, thats letting your emotions get the best of you. This wasn't a street fight, it was a football game. Big difference.