DCA over JCS

Haptown

All I know is the score. My teen-aged daughter called from the Baskin-Robbins in Jackson and gave me the score. When I asked how was the game, she said "Good", and that is about all I could expect. To her, it is a social event.

I know that Mark is being recruited heavily, does he have any favorites?

Standing room only tonight at Jackson Christian.

DCA opened the scoring as #42 (Hall) caught an 18 yard TD pass at the 5:24 mark of the 1st qtr to make the score 7-0 DCA.

JCS responded at the 9:32 mark of the 2nd as #11 (Rayner) caught an 18 yard scoring pass to make the score 7-7.

After a long interception return, #25 (Woods) scored on a 9yd td run at the 4:53 mark of the 2nd to make it 14-7 DCA. HALF TIME SCORE DCA 14 JCS 7

At the 7:07 mark of the 3rd, #23 of DCA returned an interception 12 yards for a score to make it 21-7 DCA

At the 6:50 mark of the 4th, #6 caught a 55 yard td pass from a backup qb to make the score 28-7. Final score DCA 28 JCS 7

JCS had 6 turnovers (2 fumbles and 4 interceptions) that were the major difference in this game. JCS, defensively, took it to DCA and never gave up against a much bigger opponant. JCS replaced their starting QB late in the 3rd qtr because of ineffectiveness. The change did not help matters at all. DCS was less than impressive a good portion of the night at JCS put constant preasure on the DCA QB's most of the night. Man, the offensive tackles for DCA were huge! For most of the night, the DCA defense just stiffeled the JCS offense.

As a CPA fan who has a lot of respect for DCA's team and program, I am curious as to Wooden's lack of production (yards/ yards per carry) after 2 games. He has always been such a really great back (and a great kid), I am wondering if the knee is really well? I hope he is OK even though it will make DCA even more of a challenge to beat, because I am a fan of his and want him to have a good senior season.

The JCS win was impressive, but seems like it was a closer game than the score with the 3rd quarter interception being the difference. Is that accurate?

DCA will be in the mix for the 1A crown. Line play is still critical to winning, and they have a formidable line. Hopefully, CPA's young linemen will play more like vets by week 9.

As I have stated before, Wooden's knee is still injured and will be for a while to come. He wears a brace on it every game. DCA runs more by committee this year. Don't expect Wooden to have the year he had last year. From what I understand, the injury limits his ability to get to the corner, turn, cut(which he did very very well) and run anywhere other than straight into the line. DCA has vastly improved their passing and defensive secondary. They have found other ways to get rushing yards by using 4 or 5 tailbacks a game and their speedy QB.

But, to make a long story short, it doesn't look like we'll see the same Chris Wooden this year that we did the past 3 years.

But, I could always be wrong and I hope I am.