LUNSFORD

doesitmatterwhoiam

I played at cloudland for the last four years and the reason he told me he was leaving was because he wanted to spend more time with his family apparently that isn't why he left. When i was a freshman i said when this team leaves lunsford leaves. well he did. i think the real reason he left was because he knew what he had to work with. It wasn't as good as it has been in the last few years but that's no reason to wuss out. king of the landers stop running your DL. and pujo quit bragging i know both of you guys. lunsford is a good coach i agree and i used to respect him before he chickened out because of lack of talent. If he is so good of a coach then why didn't he stick around and show everyone that he could make this team that good. thats a real easy answer because if he couldnt his reputation would go downhill and everyone would know that the last few years it has been pure talent not him. all i ever seen him do is run back and forth and wine. so could someone please tell me why he left cause he wont admit that it was just to make him look good. Everyone that has been watching avery knew that they were going to be better than they have been in the past and lunsford maybe helping some but its not him its the talent and the will to win. thats what the highlanders have had for the last few years.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, just how bitter can people on the mountain be! Lunsford left a head coach position for an assistant position so he could watch his own children grow up and play. If Cloudland was 2-0 right now instead of 0-2, it wouldn't even be an issue. Coaches move on to other things. It happens all the time. He didn't leave because he was a physic and knew that they would drop their first two games of the season. Believe it or not, he wants the kids at Cloudland to be successfull, even though people who have praise him for years and years have now turned on him and get on message boards and rag him. Get over it people! He spent years building respect and he gets my respect more for being more of a family man than the football God that people put him on to be.

And by the way, it takes more than just talent, or just a good coach to have a successful program. It takes a combination of both. Eventually, Keith will build the Landers back up and bitter people will finally shut up about it and move on. :blink:

I agree, daizee. These people that get on message boards and bash people without telling who they are, are nothing but cowards. Pujo ain't bragging. He's telling the truth. It takes a combination of both good players and coaches. You were only small back in 1997, but Lunsford toughed it out through a 2-8 season. He came back the next year and rebuilt the same group of kids, and they went 8-2. I will always respect the man. So, my suggestion is just get over it and give coach Keith the support he needs to be the head man. :blink:

Everyone sees Lunsford in their own way and that is fine. When someone says something about him all that I can think of is him going in the fieldhouse, picking up his stuff, getting in a car and leaving after that last game. He left those boys there. The boys were so broken hearted anyway and that did not help. It was as if he quit that night. All of the rest of the coaches stayed until the last boy was gone. That's the image that I see when someone says Lunsford. All I know is that I will make it to an Avery game and I will be there for the boys and Brew. There will be no support for Lunsford from this Blue and Gold girl!

I dont blame Lunsford for leaving.He is in a state with alot harder football.He has had to put with the TSSAA letting private schools play against public schools in the playoffs.Everybody acts like Avery will be great.Avery has only been real good around 97 or 98.When you go off the mtn its a different world in NC.The 1a champ in NC could win it any class TN. It will be a real challenge to bring Avery up to state contenders.Lunsford and the caoch before him has paved the way to future success at Cloudland and hopefully he can help do the same thing at Avery.

Make up your mind, King. In another recent thread you are bashing Kieth. He will need time to rebuild, which Lunsford didn't want to do. He needs time to prove himself and the players will need time to prove themselves. Never give in Landers!

The love for the school he played for kept him a long time,the love for his family and son took him elsewhere. It was probably the toughest decision of his life, but probably,the right one. The jvs went undefeated last season,so things should be back to normal soon. In my opinion,a few of this years kids was the main reason he left. They did'nt have the heart and discipline to do what he expected, he's doing just fine,they are not doing so great. You can't coach kids who don't want coached. I hate it for some of the kids ,but most of them are getting what they deserve. In the past Cloudland has alway had kids like Allen Barnett, Josh Shell, Dakota Benfield. These kids were not the most talented kids in the world ,but they had the heart of champions. They are what made Cloudland what its been. These are the kind of kids that coaches love to coach. Its all water under the bridge, he's at Avery now and Cloudland has a new team and Coach. Win or lose ,they will get what they deserve. Be thankful for all he did for this school,quit cring and get on with the program.

Pujo--

"the love for his family and son took him elsewhere."

So what you are saying is that it is all about who has the best team for Michael to play for.

"I hate it for some of the kids ,but most of them are getting what they deserve"

No kid deserves to be put down like that. That is just plain wrong.

Landers play with pride no matter what the score. This Lander will always stay true to her Blue and Gold.

Mntgirl, I know what I'm talking about, Michael is a hard working kid, he don;t deserve to have his neck broke because he has no help around him. This group at Cloudland has very few kids who has the will to work, and they are paying the price. At Avery he will have bunches of kids working right with him. As a dad ,that would be extremely important to me.