William Blount? Whats up?

DZbettin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are right,,,Ooltewah and Soddy will be one of the games of the year...last nights baylor and boyd buchanan game is the other one and what a game it was....baylor down 25-21 in the 4th with the ball on their own 29 yd line...cody romans throws a 71 yd td pass with 24 seconds left in the game to win 28-25....but yes soddy and ooltewah will be the other game of the year in chattown..it will be brutal.........go trojans and go owls

KnoxSoddy,

No offense taken.  Sorry if I was snippy.  Friday was a long night.  I didn't notice Lucas (qb) get hurt.  Hopefully it wasn't serious.  The only reason I could see for Coach Meadows to keep him and other starters in was to try to get few more reps in in hopes of finding something to take away from the game to help next week.

I wonder if you all's kicker is being "courted" by any colleges?  He's got a strong, strong leg.  That field goal would have been good from 50+ easy.

I can't argue with the overated tag, but trust me, this team really does have some talented players.  Not sure what's missing but I'm positive that Coach Meadows will not get "outworked" in trying to figure it out.

You know I hate to lose ... but it was still a Friday night, and the cheerleaders were cheering, and the band was playing, and our young kids were up on the practice field playing "cup ball" and imagining themselves someday scoring the winning touchdown, and the burgers were grilling at the concession stand, and me and my best buddy were watching the game and eating Crockett Creek beef jerky "the official beef jerky of WB", and the Soddy Daisy fans were able to find our school out in the country and make a strong showing and cheer their team on and for the most part (excepting one or two idiots) our fans showed a lot of class and dignity ... I still love high school and WB football.

825327498[/snapback]

I believe this was a hard fought game on both sides. The SD seniors really wanted this game and I agree that the SD coaches did their homework as well. The atmosphere at your place was tremendous and your facilities are great for watching the games. The WB folks were great hosts and you guys still have an opportunity to have a very good year.

GovMan You said:

"You know I hate to lose ... but it was still a Friday night, and the cheerleaders were cheering, and the band was playing, and our young kids were up on the practice field playing "cup ball" and imagining themselves someday scoring the winning touchdown, and the burgers were grilling at the concession stand, and me and my best buddy were watching the game and eating Crockett Creek beef jerky "the official beef jerky of WB", and the Soddy Daisy fans were able to find our school out in the country and make a strong showing and cheer their team on and for the most part (excepting one or two idiots) our fans showed a lot of class and dignity ... I still love high school and WB football".

You represent your team well and are a credit to the fan base there at WB.

I had hoped WB would have put things together this year and they might still. Coach M found himself a good position at WB and should be there for the long haul, I hope. I think stability of coaching staff is important to a community. I pull for all Blount Co teams until my Rebels face them. Those are kids down there, “Our” kids. The High School game is the last pure form of the greatest American Game, FOOTBALL!

Oh and by the way, Maryville has alot of work to do themselves, I'm still hurting over the teams preformance vs/ Halls last night!

Good luck to your Gov's!

Edited by FBEmeritus

KnoxSoddy,

No offense taken.  Sorry if I was snippy.  Friday was a long night.  I didn't notice Lucas (qb) get hurt.  Hopefully it wasn't serious.  The only reason I could see for Coach Meadows to keep him and other starters in was to try to get few more reps in in hopes of finding something to take away from the game to help next week.

I wonder if you all's kicker is being "courted" by any colleges?  He's got a strong, strong leg.  That field goal would have been good from 50+ easy.

I can't argue with the overated tag, but trust me, this team really does have some talented players.  Not sure what's missing but I'm positive that Coach Meadows will not get "outworked" in trying to figure it out.

You know I hate to lose ... but it was still a Friday night, and the cheerleaders were cheering, and the band was playing, and our young kids were up on the practice field playing "cup ball" and imagining themselves someday scoring the winning touchdown, and the burgers were grilling at the concession stand, and me and my best buddy were watching the game and eating Crockett Creek beef jerky "the official beef jerky of WB", and the Soddy Daisy fans were able to find our school out in the country and make a strong showing and cheer their team on and for the most part (excepting one or two idiots) our fans showed a lot of class and dignity ... I still love high school and WB football.

825327498[/snapback]

Govman,

I hope he is not hurt. My family and I sat beside his mother. Very nice folks. They made us feel welcomed.

Now for the game:

Soddy Daisy deserves a lot of credit. This is a very, very good football team. The big rb/fb (#49) is a stud. The other rb (#20) is great. The qb has a great arm, makes good decisions, and runs the offense well. They've also got a great kicker. Also, I'd give a lot of credit to Soddy's coaching staff ... they had obviously studied their film and had the Trojans ready. Your d was one step ahead of us all night.

You are mistaken.#49 is the linebacker, the stud you're thinking of is fb #44 andy fuller, and you are right he is a stud. I dont think anyone has taken him down by theirself b4 it usually takes at least 3 or 4 to take him down. But the govs played good too. They were a class act. They never gave up and they kept fightin. I have alot of respect for them. #33 keep up what you're doin you hit the holes hard and you make it unpleasant for me. Keep it up hope to see ya go to the next level.

Govman you guys hang in there, you are 0-2 but both teams you lost to are quality teams. I watched the SD game on film and they for real. With any new Coach there will be growing pains. WB weakness is the line on both sides of the ball, and the LB have not played well either. SM is a great Coach, he has proved that. If you give him some time he will take WB to the next level. WB has a talent rich team of players, coach's and fans. When they come together as one is when this team will be dangerous. Good luck and you guys hang in there.