Alcoa at William Blount

Budrock

This game has many emotional undertones. Coach Meadows, Bart Hicks, and Ronald Osbourne of WB were previously at Alcoa. Coach Reid was previously at WB. I look for both teams to be at emotional highs for the game. I wish the best of luck to both and may the best team win.

I look for this to be a good opportunity for WB to get things turned around. Alcoa is a good 2A school but will be put to a strong test by the Governors. Both teams have outstanding skill position players but have not exhibited dominating line play. Is this the emotional game that Meadows needs to get his team turned around? Thoughts GovMan?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to call a game this early "make or break" but it's definitely a huge game for WB. Alcoa could lose and still come away knowing, we're going to "own" our region. If WB loses, although they still have plenty of region games left, it will be awfully tough to overcome.

Somehow, Blount has to shore up their line play (on both sides of the ball). Obviously, Blount might have an edge in the depth issue, but Alcoa has so many weapons and they refused to give up second half against a "deep" Maryville team.

Bud, add to the already mentioned "undertones" of the game the fact that it will be William Blount's Homecoming game.

See if this makes sense ... IF Soddy Daisy is a "great team", Blount has a strong shot at winning. If Soddy Daisy is an "average team" Blount is in serious trouble. We'll see.

I look forward to the game. How about Heritage. Think they make their contest against Maryville interesting??

i think this game will break william blount. the alcoa team is too good this year. we beat them yes, but we beat them every year, and they did have a good quarter against us. but i think duckie and warren will have a great game agasint wb. their defense doesnt seem to be able to stop other teams from scoring, and i think duckie might get those 150 yards all you alcoa fans preached about for the Maryville game in this game. if warren doesnt cramp up every 4 plays he will have a big game at reciever because their dbs arent looking too well either. but overall i think alcoa has too good of a football team to get beat by this unexperienced william blount team.

I heard there was a blow up at halftime in the WB dressing room. The story was told to me that some irate parents entered the dressing room complaining about the "bad" football this team was playing. Stated that they paid too much for a football coach to be this bad.

Any truth to this rumor?

Parents sticking their noses into the football operations at WB had alot to do with Reed exiting.....not the only reason but a BIG reason. Has WB not learned their lesson. If this is true it doesn't appear they have.

Parents in the locker room at halftime? How ridiculous would that be? I'll believe that when I hear it straight from GovMan. I have heard rumblings in the past about boosters trying to interfere but I have not heard anything specific. They must be keeping it in the family.

Alcoa by 20? I think this is going to be a much closer game. I don't know about WB's defense but I do know that in the past Meadows has run that Wing T to perfection without dominating line play. He came out of the box 15-0 at Alcoa in 2000 and we all know Alcoa hasn't been known for their lines. I'm not trying to build Meadows up but the guy has done wonders with the offense everywhere he has been. Also, in last years game I recall WB defeated the Tornadoes pretty handily with Ronnie Phelps at the helm.

They're alot of emotions in this game ,true . Coach Reid and the players that left Alcoa to go to WB , but it will be a good game . Alcoa is coming off a huge 2a win , while WB is coming off a 5a loss , but I have to give the nod to Alcoa with the passing game . I heard the secondary is not playing too well at WB and given time Joei will pick anyone apart with the recievers Alcoa has . But like I said I look for a good game . Alcoa by 21

i think this game will break william blount.  the alcoa team is too good this year.  we beat them yes, but we beat them every year, and they did have a good quarter against us.  but i think duckie and warren will have a great game agasint wb.  their defense doesnt seem to be able to stop other teams from scoring, and i think duckie might get those 150 yards all you alcoa fans preached about for the Maryville game in this game.  if warren doesnt cramp up every 4 plays he will have a big game at reciever because their dbs arent looking too well either.  but overall i think alcoa has too good of a football team to get beat by this unexperienced william blount team.

825327524[/snapback]

Ole' duckie didn't get the 150 yards we preached about in the Maryville game but he did get them at Oliver Springs. He does have over 400 yards and about 8 touchdowns in 3 games so I wish you Maryville fans would give him his props and stop hatin' because he is better than Byner and Tallent. And don't make it like Alcoa will win just because WB isn't that good.

Edited by AlcoaBoi