Maryville and Heritage

carolina232

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say if Maryville doesn’t hang on to the ball the Rebels could let this one be close. If Maryville get's the secondary on track, Heritage won't score. Smash mouth can't rule the Black Swarm.

The Offence is flat and needs some leadership to step it up. Now is the time, not later. I do expect GQ to put some pressure on the starters in the back field to hang on to the ball, or have a seat. The staff has a low tolerance for losing the ball.

Heritage is much improved this year. I expect a tough game from Heritage. Heritage has a good stable of backs and a quarterback who can beat you with his arm and legs. I believe Maryville is too deep for Heritage.I predict Maryville to win 28-10

William Blount and Heritage get kids that live in the Maryville city limits. They don't have to pay $1800 a year to go there either.

Typical I guess for a Heritage fan to throw in excuses for a game a week before it takes place. I get so sick of hearing this. There are a lot of girls from the county who go to Maryville also and guess what! None of them play football. These type posts always conveniently leave out the part that Maryville has pretty decent academics also. Maryville played poorly and I would hate to have to go through the practices they will this. Heritage is catching Maryville at a bad time.

Yes I know some Maryville kids go to the county schools. Yes the academics at Maryville are better. But the fact still remains If there is a kid in the grasshoppers, peewee, midgits ect.. playing out in the county who is good, some how some way they wind up in Maryville or Alcoa. Who could blam a kid or there parents? "Let me see, play for a multiple time state champ? Or go to a team that wins one game in three years. It doesn't take a rocket sicentist or a Maryville grad to figure that one out. ;)

i dont think heritage has any chance at all to win this game. MHS's defense played outstanding against halls, and i think that will continue on into this week as well. our offense has to step it up, and im sure they will or else Quarles will have their heads on a silver platter. maryville comes out firing and ticked that they only beat halls 24-0 im giving maryville 48 points, and heritage 7, maybe

Maryville should beat Heritage.  If the "D" that showed up against Farragut it could stay close. Maryville is to talented to lose, (talent which they get from the county schools) but anyway, I will still pull for my Mountianeers. IF the offense doesnt get in gear were in for a long night.

Maryville  28

Heritage  18

825328028[/snapback]

How many more times is this gonna be brought up? As far as my knowledge goes, Adam Parnell is the only person to actually attend Heritage High School and then transfer to Maryville. And he did this as a freshman. And yes, Maryville does have the best academics so I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand why parents want their kids to go to Maryville. And I am a former football player for Maryville who enjoys owning a state ring that sits on my dresser...Heritage-win one game in three years, or Maryville-stand on the side lines and receive a large gold ring? Like someone else said above, it doesn't take rocket science.