Maryville and Heritage

carolina232

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:Maryville is overrated.If it rains and there is a wet field they will be beat.Against a good team the mistaskes they make will be taken advantage of.The Maryville team is not as fast as people on here brag about.These Maryville fans want perfect conditions on the field and football is not played on perfect field conditions.And oh yes Maryville does commit penalties but there fans don't see them.The first halve against Halls they sure were quiet.IF Maryville plays like that against the better teams they are BEAT!!!!Your not that good! MAryville fans GO and look at the gold balls you have now because you ain't geeting one this year with the way your a-playing.What a light schedule to start with and Halls surprised you in the 1st half.So continue your talk and and explain your transfers and tell everyone how great you are.This team is not that good.Period.

825330117[/snapback]

If the Rebels turned the ball over 25 times the Halls boys would not win. They got mashed up front. My boys in Red and Black stunk it up no question. But these Halls cough drops are not nearly strong enough. Head coach Gary Shepperd said this was his strongest line since 1996 and they did surprise me for the whole game in how weak they were.

Edited by Smilin' Bob

For Heritage to even have a chance, they will have to play great defense this week. The first half will be very important to the mountaineers, If they can keep it close they may have a chance at the end. Heritage will have to play a great game and Maryville will have to be on a off night. Heritage is big and physical on defense. They have had strong line and LB play this year. There LB's, Jamey Davis, Jon caughorn, and Heath Young are all over 220 lbs and are very physical. There D-line with Gregory and Brewer have been very quick off the ball. There offense will have trouble scoring against the Maryville defense, they do not give up points very easy. Maryville's O-line is dominate and one of the best I have seen in a while. If WB had Maryville's O-line they would be 2-0 instead of 0-2.

Maryville-28

Heritage-12

You could agree with that incoherent rant with questionable grammar?  Posts like that are exactly why I sent my kids to Maryville.

Man, just say you hate us and get it over with!  It's ok many do.

It is lonely at the top!

825330262[/snapback]

Well said FB!! We loooooove that you hate Maryville's tradition County kids. don't you think we feed off that? I remember WB's students coing over before the game when I was a junior and painting out stadium and field. Do you not think that played into the butt whooping WB got the next night?

Also, c'mon though guys, don't think your transfers are the reason we're winning. We'd win just as many games without them. Most of your best would be 2nd string for us. Mr. Parnell excluded, obviously.

This game is a non-event. Let the field grow 6 inches tall, wet the whole thing down and even bring Willy B's first string over to play too. You two are a waste of space on our schedule. I'd give anything to play two real teams like AE or Riverdale or Oak Ridge or DB or any other great tradition rich program in your all's place.

Thank goodness WB is actually starting to get good. You'd beter hurry up Heritage, or your whole starting lineup will be over there going to school. :lol:

dmoyers, c'mon, you're just trying to agitate. Heritage is a much better team this year ,better than WB even. HHS is a couple of plays from being 2-0.

As to the transfer situation. I don't think anybody really believes that kids that transfer to MHS really make the Rebels that much better. The thing is that those kids could make a difference for one of the county schools.

dmoyers, c'mon, you're just trying to agitate.  Heritage is a much better team this year ,better than WB even.  HHS is a couple of plays from being 2-0.

As to the transfer situation.  I don't think anybody really believes that kids that transfer to MHS really make the Rebels that much better.  The thing is that those kids could make a difference for one of the county schools.

825330844[/snapback]

You make good points oldreb. This was my first post comin off a long weekend. My bad if I went a lil overboard.

Still yet, I really would like to replace those two games with teams that would possbily help us get nationally ranked or get us more attention. You have to agree, even though it's fun to play your neighbors, those two games don't help.

This Friday SHOULD be a non-event, IF we fix the dropped ball problem.

dmoyers i dont think it was a little out there that was pretty accurate, heritage and WB just take up two spaces in our schedule every year where wou should be playing some better 4a teams and even some 5a teams. and about our transfers, we have two transfers taht actually play, parnell and lawhon, one from heritage and 1 from WB. that was probably the best they had to offer us. i dont think heritage is gonna have a chacne this week, they dont have a defnese, and they dont have an offense, they are just pitiful, they might score a touchdown if they are lucky, but i doubt it. im giving maryville 40 point cushion, even if we play like we did last week.

dmoyers i dont think it was a little out there that was pretty accurate, heritage and WB just take up two spaces in our schedule every year where wou should be playing some better 4a teams and even some 5a teams.  and about our transfers, we have two transfers taht actually play, parnell and lawhon, one from heritage and 1 from WB.  that was probably the best they had to offer us.  i dont think heritage is gonna have a chacne this week, they dont have a defnese, and they dont have an offense, they are just pitiful, they might score a touchdown if they are lucky, but i doubt it.  im giving maryville 40 point cushion, even if we play like we did last week.

825330963[/snapback]

Well, at least this weeks game will be more entertaining.....possibly. It's gonna be interesting to see this Heritage defense everyone seems to be impressed with.

Basically where I stand is with you. Get rid of them from the schedule. I would, however, accept vastly improved WB/Heritage teams and programs instead. That would mean 10 win teams from both of them though. Only one is capable of doing that right now though.

dmoyers1, Rebel Raider,

You boys are a little out of line....I like most of your posts but let's lay off the county rivals...Hertiage is better and hopefully will have a decent season....they've got some great kids on that team....Blount, well they've disappointed me thus far but I'm sure things will get better down there. Alcoa, a really good 2A team, will probably go deep into the playoffs.......Maryville, well everyone knows they're a really good, maybe even better than that, only time will tell. ...........I like to play teams like Mo West and Central but to most of us, we still like to see the county rivals better than other games........There's nothing better than a good county game and I've been following Maryville long before either of you were born.