Ooltewah @ Chattanooga Central 09112004

basketballisbest

I guess no one is expecting this one to be a game this Friday, since I don't see much talk. Ooltewah looks up and Central looks down this year.

I was planning on going to see this one, but may not if it appears the game won't be a game. The News/Free Press seemed to indicate that Central could move the ball but was mistake ridden -- lot's of penalties and turnovers.

Ooltewah looks loaded from what I can tell. Great running backs; great offensive line; great linebackers; improving defensive line; and the secondary may be it's sole weak spot. Oh yeah, haven't seen much from its passing attack, but it doesn't appear they need it either.

So you Central and Ooltewah players and fans... what do you think about this one?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more i watch this team, the less and less i think the secondary is a weak spot....yes they didn't look very good in the first game, but that was just that, the first game of the season, mistakes are supposed to made then, but then against east ridge they only gave up 2 plays of any distance and one of those was tipped up and then caught by an east ridge receiver, and then against mcminn county they did not allow anything and even had a couple of interceptions, this secondary group has been improving every week, and the mistakes they made in the first week are almost non existent, so i dont think you can still say they are a weak spot on this team, things are looking good in ooltewah, i just hope we dont have a bad game sometime

to be honest, until last season this wasnt even a rivalry! last season was a fluke... just a blip on the radar. Ooltewah hadnt given Central a second thought on the football field since Central moved to harrison. Central took advantage of their ONE good season while Ooltewah just happened to be down. Now things are back to normal, and as usual the Owls will have more fans at the game than Central!

Central was basically a two man team last year between Despeaux and Davenport... and their finding it to be very difficult to replace these two kep players. All I heard about in preseason from this team was about Brent Hayes, and three weeks later I haven't heard his name at all. I will point out bright spots in Robert Woods and Lorenzo Meadows, solid players who are threats on both sides of the ball.... other than that, Ooltewah overpowers Central.

I've been hearing all about Chattanooga Central's ability to move the ball offensively. They're averaging ALOT of yards, however they fail to realise that the teams Central is playing are AWFUL! Central loast to East Ridge! East Ridge may not have "slowed" Centrals offense but they beat them(by 16 points). Ooltewah beat East Ridge by 17(and it really could have been worse! Central may slow the Owls down a bit(Caldwell should still get his 1,000th yard before this game ends), but the Owls defense is absolutely gonna shut the Purple Puds down!

Prediction:

Ooltewah 42

Chattanooga Central 7

Ok, I'm not even going to give any comments on this game EXCEPT...Ooltewah better watch out. They should win this game, but Central should not be overlooked. I'd like to see the Owls come into this game with some intensity...the same intensity I saw last week vs McMinn. Caldwell gets 1,000 and the Owls roll to 4-0.

Ooltewah 52

Central 14

did Centrals QB really quit?? that would stink for them! also I really think Caldwell can get his yards this week because while Brent Hayes is a heckuva Linebacker, he just isnt fast enough on his own to keep Caldwell from getting outside and around the corner! Unless Central has some KILLER Defensive ends they are gonna be in trouble... Ooltewah runs away with it ... because Chattanooga Central just won't be able to move the ball!