Ooltewah @ Chattanooga Central 09112004

basketballisbest

This game was the hardest hitting game of the year thus far. Central had an outstanding game plan. I give them a lot of credit for preparing themselves for this battle and that it was a hard fought battle all night long. #4 looks like a guy who has a lot of class good luck to him at the helm and may Chattanooga Central prevail and win their respective region. I believe this will be the most speed Ooltewah will face this year. Speed kills and the Owls came out victorious great game guys and keep up the good work and never become satisfied always 100%. Coach Sergeant

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Gatewood and his hungry owls are looking for their next prey. In week One they marched into Red Bank looking for the once mighty lions and found only a few cubs in their den which wasn’t enough for the Old James County Legion. Week two some hyped up East Ridge pioneers decided to march their air wagons into the Nest to lay their claim after their thumping of the Bears in their first test. But they found out quickly that the Owls Nest wasn’t as peaceful as they thought when disturbed and ran home crying to their mommas. Week Three a band of McMinn County Cherokee warriors tried to sneak into the Nest only to find the Owls ready and looking for a good fight, the only problem they thought they were warriors and found that they were only big talking pups which angered Gatewoods Owls and sent them back on I-75 trail to Athens with their tails between their legs. Week Four Gatewood and his troops from Ooltewah raged war on their Purple boarder rivals and found that the PUDS from Chattanooga Central ready to knock off the 6th ranked team in the state. The Puds did everything that they could to stop one of the fiercest Owls in Gatewoods arsenal only no find out these birds can air it out just as good than knocking their foes in the nose. The PUDS picked their poison and paid the ultimate price.

Edited by SergeantOwl22

About the fights going on last night, it wasn't only Central fans, ootewah's fans too. I had to walk two chairleaders to their cars last night also that were getting screamed at by ootewah fans. I guess kids will be kids, but that can't take away from waht happened on the field in one of the most exciting games I think I've ever seen in high school. Central had a chance, but they made the mistakes again, and this time, there was a team that capitalized on them. So you have to give ooltewah the credit for that. But you also have to credit central with not putting their heads down and fighting back the way they did. This game was up for grabs until ooltewah scored with a minute left on the clock. Great game both sides. Hopefully, ooltewah takes it all the way and doesn't lose a game, and hopefully we can build off of this and officially turn our season around. Good luck both squads!

P.S. On another thread they have McMinn County above Chatt Central. ooltewah has played us both, who is the better team?

Central will be a lot better after playing Ooltewah this past Friday. I think it gave them a lot of confidence. I hope they win out...

825337338[/snapback]

it would be nice if we both dominated our regions from here on out. What a great thing for our areas? Go deep into the playoffs, win state? Well right now I'll settle for goal number one winning the region.

I just want to say one thing about the Hambrick kid, and it's not even going to be about the football game which he really impressed me in. It is about his class.He knocked over a Cheerleader on the other side of the field and he made sure to go back and help her up and tell her sorry. He was a class act all night. I was waiting after the game out on the field and I noticed where some of the Ooltewah and Central fans were about to clash and he ran over there and told the guys to stop and that it wasnt worth it and to go back to there sides. ( or something along those lines.) And this kid just lost their biggest game of the year and he was still taking matters into his own hands when it came to his fans, instead of being over to the side pounting about the game. I really like this kid alot as an athlete and he seems to be a better person. If anyone from Central see's this tell him I said that, and that we need more players like him.

He gets two thumbs thumbs up.

Edited by InDepthInsider

I just want to say one thing about the Hambrick kid, and it's not even going to be about the football game which he really impressed me in. It is about his class.He knocked over a Cheerleader on the other side of the field and he made sure to go back and help her up and tell her sorry. He was a class act all night. I was waiting after the game out on the field and I noticed where some of the Ooltewah and Central fans were about to clash and he ran over there and told the guys to stop and that it wasnt worth it and to go back to there sides. ( or something along those lines.) And this kid just lost their biggest game of the year and he was still taking matters into his own hands when it came to his fans, instead of being over to the side pounting about the game. I really like this kid alot as an athlete and he seems to be a better person. If anyone from Central see's this tell him I said that, and that we need more players like him.

He gets two thumbs thumbs up.

825337452[/snapback]

yes, he is a stand up kid. great athlete and competitor also. The other qb seems like a good kid and was coming along slowly, but this kid is the way to go, central would be crazy to take him out. They may want to give him a break on defense so they don't wear him out.