Austin Rogers (Lipscomb)

Froggy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he hasnt got better his future is short

825336171[/snapback]

You know what, coach, you're right. I mean after all, he was only the leading receiver for a team that won 14 games last year. You do have a point about his future if you were referring to his speed, because he did only run a 4.41 forty at LSU's Nike camp, which just so happened to be the fastest time of all receicers at the camp. So, in closing, I completely agree with you, this kid has no future in athletics. In fact he should go ahead and hang 'em up now, before he gets shown up by all the other receivers that are better than him.

By the way if you looked in the paper when he committed it talk about him and LSU and UGA both of those schools dropped him from there recruiting list the day before he committed to UT. And when he was at UGA camp this summer where he did have a verbal soft offer from them. They dropped him from the list and added travis sikes after seeing them both at Georgia camp. Even if you go to rivals recruiting it doesnt have a offer from LSU or Georgia.

Edited by w22bb22

They dropped him from the list and added travis sikes after seeing them both at Georgia camp.

HAHAHA are you kidding me? They are practically the same size, yet Austin ran a 4.4 the fastest of any receiver at the LSU nike camp(pretty sure Sikes hasnt touched a 4.4). Also, I would put money on it that Rogers vertical leap is better plus his stats are similar yet he is playin against better competition in 2A.

This is not meant to be a post against Travis because he is a great athlete. I am just very skeptical that this comment is true.

I got a question.And this is no offense to white people(*im white myself), but when is the last time that a white reciever (not TE) caught a pass for UT? He may have the speed and the hieght, but he doesnt have the #'s or size to be a UT reciever. You can hark me if im wrong no this one, but i never see him playing much at UT. I mean look at their receiving core. There Young and not going anywhere soon. I see him eventually going to a samller college for some PT. One other thing that i noticed when watching the Greenbrier game is that he drops some balls.

My point is that he is probably a great guy and stuff, but he is no SEC player, maybe a VANDY, but who considers them SEC anyways?

One more thing if Pat T ends up there, you think theyll be roomates?

maybe a VANDY, but who considers them SEC anyways?

You have now struck a nerve with me. I, for one, consider them a SEC team.

Lets run over a few things: Mens B-ball -Sweet 16

Womens B-ball- Sweet 16

Baseball- Super Regional

Mens and Womens Tennis- Sweet 16

Wow, I see a pattern developing here. Looks like a legit SEC athletic program to me. Yes, they havent had much success in football, but you have to look at stuff as a whole. Therefore, I happen to believe that they are SEC quality.

Gotgame, I would suggest you stay away fromt he Vandy bashing, especially since you , dont know much about what you are saying. Throughout all of SEC sports, I am pretty sure Vandy took UT to the house, and highschoolfan will let you know that any day. Also, there is no way that UGA or anyone would drop their offer for Austin for Travis. Sikes is a great player, but athletically, you have to give the nod to Rogers. THat is why UT signed him, he is a pure athlete, and a lot can be done with an athlete at a good school with a good coaching staff. I think Rogers knows he wont be seeing any pt early ahead of Meachum, Swain, or any of the other young WR's. He will surely red-shirt and spend some time in the weight room and on the practice field for a year and the coaches will go from there. He may end up playing some special teams in a few years and then finally get some offense or defensive playing time. So, let's not jump on the Rogers bashing bandwagon just yet, because no one on this board, including myself, really knows what they are talking about.

Rogers is not a better athlete than sikes. Sike ran a 4.50 at Oklahoma Camp. I know sikes is stronger than him and if you throw it up there he'll come down with it. Sikes put up 216 yards on Riverdale. What has Rogers done lately.

825337030[/snapback]

Lets see here.. my math skills aren't what they used to be, but I think that a 4.4 is faster than a 4.5. If Lipscomb sat around and threw the ball up to Rogers 1 out of every 3 plays, I guarantee you he'd come home with many more than 216 yards. When Sikes signs with UT, we'll give him his props, but for now, lets leave this thread to the faster Rogers.