Austin Rogers (Lipscomb)

Froggy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does it seem as if UT might actually be going after more in state players?  Its way early but so far it looks like there are at least 3 commitments with UT still after plenty more of the tennessee talent.  I for one hope they sign about 15 in state prospects.  That would make me cheer for the big orange even harder.

825330885[/snapback]

The reason they are in on so many this year is this is a great year for Tennessee prosepcts but Tennessee can't sign just in state talent if they want to compete for the SEC & National Title!

Tennessee want sign 15 from the state when they can only sign around 22-25

They have 3 commitments and are only in on about 4 maybe 5 more guys one of which may have to be sent to a junior college like DeMonte Bolden was this year!

Offers from UT

Casey Hill WR 5-11/168/4.5 Memphis (TN) Evangelical Christian

Patrick Turner WR 6-5/210/4.55 Nashville (TN) Goodpasture

Jeff Cottam TE 6-7/250/4.62 Germantown (TN)

Michael Oher OT 6-5/330/4.9 Memphis (TN) Briarcrest Christian

Malcolm Rawls OG 6-4/303/5.25 Memphis (TN) East

Ayanga Okpokowuruk DE 6-4/240/4.7 Chattanooga (TN) McCallie

Barry Turner DE 6-3/230/4.6 Nashville (TN) Brentwood Academy

Todd Cox ATH 6-2/195/4.45 Memphis (TN) Harding Academy

UT Commits

LaMarcus Coker RB 5-10/184/4.3 Antioch (TN)

Marsalous Johnson CB 5-8/185/4.4 Smyrna (TN)

Austin Rogers WR/S 6-2/175/4.41 Nashville (TN) David Lipscomb

Others being watched

Dan Williams Memphis (TN) East

Zane Bruhin Powell (TN) Powell

Joseph Birdsong Nashville (TN) Montgomery Bell Academy

Albert Harris Knoxville (TN) Austin-East

Anthony McAlister Knoxville (TN) Austin-East

Jacolby Bond Brownsville (TN) Haywood

Jeremy Brooks Memphis (TN) Hillcrest

UT will have between 16 & 20 Scholarships to give.

Edited by BigCat1

I think UT wasted this commentment he may be fast but is not an SEC reciever. He could play defense but is to scared to hit someone. Or even block at reciever for that matter. I watched him agianst Greenbrier two weeks ago and was not impressed at all. I watched him run routes and he was just jogging. Especially when it was a run play. He only has 3 catches for 48 yards in two games. Those stats right there are not an SEC reciever. I would take travis sikes over Rogers any day he is averaging 118 yards a game. Not to mention 12 catches for 216 yards agianst riverdale who supposedly has the best defense in the state, which they probley do but they still couldnt cover sikes. All in all though i think rogers could play at vandy but no where bigger than that.

Edited by w22bb22

w22bb22 - You really cant judge the Greenbrier game on his status as an SEC player. A lot of that game he was sick. His stats at receiver are down due to him being moved to tailback because of our starting tailback has been out with an ankle injury. Being the team player that he is he agreed that he would move to help the team. Austin is our best athlete & Lipscomb is trying to get the ball in his hands as much as possible to help our team win. If you judge him on the Greenbrier game then you really dont know how good he really is. Austin will succeed at UT. If you want to go by stats then you can say that Patrick Turner is not a good receiver. His stats are very average over his high school career due to other teams throwing junk defenses at him. So dont go by stats alone to judge someones abilities.

I think UT wasted this commentment he may be fast but is not an SEC reciever. He could play defense but is to scared to hit someone. Or even block at reciever for that matter. I watched him agianst Greenbrier two weeks ago and was not impressed at all. I watched him run routes and he was just jogging. Especially when it was a run play. He only has 3 catches for 48 yards in two games. Those stats right there are not an SEC reciever. I would take travis sikes over Rogers any day he is averaging 118 yards a game. Not to mention 12 catches for 216 yards agianst riverdale who supposedly has the best defense in the state, which they probley do but they still couldnt cover sikes. All in all though i think rogers could play at vandy but no where bigger than that.

825331750[/snapback]

I think we all get too caught up in watching the elite athletes when they enter college and we try to judge the others. I don't think Rogers will go into UT and be an immediate impact player but I think he'll develop into a good college player. After a redshirt year and a little time to grow and learn the system, I see him becoming one of the good, all around, type players that UT needs. He's too good of an athlete and he's a playmaker. The coaches look for the "IT" that most of these players have.

w22bb22,

Since you are an expert on college recruiting, and probably are a recruiter for an opposing SEC school, I don't have to tell you that stats are not all a college program looks at. Mr. Rogers has dominated football camps he has attended. I shouldn't have to tell you that these camps are designed to determine which kids are pure athletes that, when paired with a college coaching staff, can become great receivers, or safteys, or whatever position Fulmer wants to put them at. Rogers stats aren't great, but as Twitty posted, he's the prime example of a team attitude, and don't be suprised if at the end of the year his stats aren't in the exceptional category. You made one fairly decent point though, he is fast.

If im not mikstaken...he was throwing up.. and i think that your very distasteful to write this email on his congratulation folder.. If i didnt know better you might even go to CPA? cause i saw some guys at that game. and i think you were not watching very closely but he probably saved 2 touchdowns from occuring.. Id like to see you play both sides and still do awesome. SO he was sick.. big deal.. Ut didnt waste anything on Rogers. but i sure did waste my time reading your post.. and if he was only going half speed.. heck id hate to be playing aginst him full speed....!! i hope you had fun writing this in hope for Rogers to see this..Cause most likely u wanted him to read it.. well good job im sure he did and dont worry youll get to watch him all next year and you and i can both be jealous while we r sitting on our butts in front of the tube while he is on the field... :lol: