Austin Rogers (Lipscomb)

Froggy

W22bb22 so you watch AR for one game and past judgement, in poor taste for sure. I've watch Austin sense middle school and he is, not only a great athlete, but a great young man with class. I belive the Tennessee coaches know more about what they want form a athlete than you . Good Luck at Tennessee Austin we will be following you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apu - are you feeling well. I didnt think you had many nice things to say?

825332810[/snapback]

Always good things to say about kids; never good things to say about coaches. Coaches, especially at the high school level, are overpaid, underworked, overappreciated egomaniacs.

P.S. I hope the Wilkerson kid (Jamie) is 100% for the MC game. If so, the Tigers better look out!

Edited by Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Jr.

Always good things to say about kids; never good things to say about coaches.  Coaches, especially at the high school level, are overpaid, underworked, overappreciated egomaniacs.

825333681[/snapback]

Characterizing all coaches as overpaid, underworked, overappreciated egomaniacs is unfair to the vast majority of coaches particularly at the high school level. There are exceptions but the vast majority of high school coaches are underpaid, overworked and underappreciated.

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

Edited by Bighurt

I think that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. For you all to say that high school coaches are overpaid is ridiculous. First of all, they are the best influence a high school kid can have. They have the responsibility of not only winning football games, but also being a role model to their students and and players, and being that role model is the is worth all the money they get. They also have to deal with people like you who sit up in the stands and critize every move they make, when you know nothing about football or the time that the coaches put into the program. I do not see you watching the film on weekends and developing a game plan. How would deal with a kid coming into your office and crying over playing time. If coaches are anything, they are underpaid and underappreciated.

congrats to austin and his commitment as for an earlier post stating that patrick turner will be playing tight end this upcoming fall i don't believe much of that - i have heard that he will be taking a trip this week USC because he is the number one wide out prospect on there list ( not to shabby )

I think that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.  For you all to say that high school coaches are overpaid is ridiculous.  First of all, they are the best influence a high school kid can have.  They have the responsibility of not only winning football games, but also being a role model to their students and and players, and being that role model is the is worth all the money they get.  They also have to deal with people like you who sit up in the stands and critize every move they make, when you know nothing about football or the time that the coaches put into the program.  I do not see you watching the film on weekends and developing a game plan.  How would deal with a kid coming into your office and crying over playing time.  If coaches are anything, they are underpaid and underappreciated.

825333811[/snapback]

Please allow me to address a few comments individually.

1) "I think that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. "

Then you haven't been around the block too many times. You want dumb? Jessica Simpson.

2) "...they are the best influence a high school kid can have."

Then we're in bad shape.

3) "...and being that role model is the is worth all the money they get."

That makes too little sense to even respond to. PLease proof-reed.

4) "I do not see you watching the film on weekends and developing a game plan."

Then come on over sometime. I devise a gameplan each and every week. I watch hours of film so I can go back and knit-pick at every little mistake the coaches make. I would be a much better coach than most of these jokers.

5) "How would deal with a kid coming into your office and crying over playing time."

That's what's wrong with football today. Your question should be rhetorical, but it's not. I'd smack them upside the head and tell them to stop crying or hit the road. Simple enough.

Apu, you are the most insensitive person I have ever seen!! How dare you get on a high school football board and rip into football coaches. You say you would make a good coach? Ha. You call these coaches jokers? My high school coaches were anything but jokers, they were the most serious men I know, they would never get on here and participate in shenanigans like you're trying to start here. Frankly, I am apalled at your antics. I bet you know nothing about coaching, you spend all your time in the bleachers or at the concession stand. I am in disbelief that you would talk about coaches. If you don't know what you're talking about, (and obviously you don't) keep your keyboard quiet.

Well when I checked on his status after the game a friend of mines other friend told me he only weighed like 125 pounds. I did hear he tore some kid from Marshall counties head off and Houston counties Jett Juice is still running..I remember watching him at the Tyner game and I could not believe in a one on one situation with big Bolden that he pancaked him...It may have been the greatest thing I have ever seen. Speaking of Bolden..it looks like they mighty Rams are rollin again... I hope the Mustangs ride in here all high and mighty again...the Rams and Alcoa will decide the AA title this hear...Of course I am hearin that the Huntingdon team is loaded as well. What does Goodpasture have this year for those you over in the flat lands. Give East TN a report. It will be fun watching Rogers in Newland....AAhhhh I can hear Rocky Top now as he glides into the endzone...