Thoughts on new regions--3A

silverpie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good job Silverpie. Although in region 2, I don't see them moving Scott Co. to Region 1. It does have Claiborne Co. in region 1. TSSAA tries to make some great rival games, but someone will get left out. My guess it will be either Carter, Gibbs, or Scott. The natural thing to do would be let the teams from Knox County play in a region while surrounding counties in anothe region. That does not seem fair to the other teams, but neither does splitting your school into two schools (vocational, academic ) just to play down.

Edited by PLACALL

I like the looks of Region 3 the way it is above. I can't see how they'd do it any different unless some other team moves up.

I don't know what the level of competition will be but at least there won't be any 1-9 teams making it to the playoffs out of Grundy's region. That has to be a good thing!

Del.

825334510[/snapback]

It's too late for anyone else to move up.

QUOTE(silverpie @ Sep 8 2004 - 08:32 PM)

1: Claiborne, Pigeon Forge, Rutledge, Scott County, Seymour, Union County

2: Anderson County, Austin-East, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, Kingston, Knoxville Catholic

3: East Ridge, Grundy County, Howard, McMinn Central, Meigs County, Notre Dame, Polk County, Sequoyah, Tellico Plains

4: David Lipscomb, DeKalb County, Livingston Academy, Macon County, Pearl-Cohn, Station Camp, White House

5: Cheatham County, Creek Wood, Giles County, Greenbrier, Marshall County, Montgomery Central, Page, Spring Hill, Sycamore

6: Bolivar Central, Crockett County, Fayette-Ware, Jackson South Side, Lexington, Liberty Tech, McNairy Central

7: Chester County, Covington, Dyer County, Dyersburd, Haywood County, Obion County, Ripley

8: Frayser, Hillcrest, Mitchell, Sheffield, Trezevant

Questions, comments, opposing points of view?

Would it not make sense to move one team from Region 5 into Region 4?

Either Greenbrier, Sycamore, Mont. Cent, or Cheatham Co.

This would give each of these regions 8 teams.

:lol:

Edited by CoachG

2: Anderson County, Austin-East, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, Kingston, Knoxville Catholic

3: East Ridge, Grundy County, Howard, McMinn Central, Meigs County, Notre Dame, Polk County, Sequoyah, Tellico Plains

4: David Lipscomb, DeKalb County, Livingston Academy, Macon County, Pearl-Cohn, Station Camp, White House

5: Cheatham County, Creek Wood, Giles County, Greenbrier, Marshall County, Montgomery Central, Page, Spring Hill, Sycamore

6: Bolivar Central, Crockett County, Fayette-Ware, Jackson South Side, Lexington, Liberty Tech, McNairy Central

7: Chester County, Covington, Dyer County, Dyersburd, Haywood County, Obion County, Ripley

825333027[/snapback]

I think what you'll see is a little different:

Region 6-3A: Jax SS, Haywood County, Chester County, Lexington, Bolivar Central, Liberty Tech and McNairy Central

Region 7-3A: Obion Central, Crockett County, Dyersburg, Dyer County, Covington and Ripley

Region 8-3A: Frayser, Mitchell, Sheffield, Fayette Ware, Hillcrest and Trezevant

I don't think you'll see any regions with 5 teams...therefore, Fayette Ware - the closest to Memphis - will be put in 8-3A.

:lol: In response to COACHG: I know that Sycamore, Cheatham, Creek Wood, and Montgomery Central are all within 30 minutes of each other. I do not think it would make much sense to move any of them from each other, beside, they are also in the same district in other sports. Now, Greenbrier is a haul for these schools, as well as Giles County and Marshall County.

My idea is this:

Region 4-3A: Livingston, Greenbrier, Macon, Dekalb, Station Camp, White House, Lipscomb, and Pearl Cohn.

Region 5-3A: Montgomery Central, Page, Giles, Marshall, Creek Wood, Sycamore, Cheatham, and Spring Hill.

*Of course no one knows what the TSSAA will do, But they will either use I-40 as a barrier for North/South or use I-24 as a barrier between East/West. Lipscomb and Pearl both have Interstate access to whatever region they will be put in.

I just know there are 16 teams in 3A Middle TN, it makes sense to make two 8 team regions. ????????????

Why don't we just put all the schools names in a pie, let the TSSAA eat it and then blow it out on the wall an we will see what sticks. Then we will multiply each schools enrollment by 1.25789, divide the total of the sum by the combined weights of the teams coaching staffs, add the number of recruited/exchange/out of zone/finaicial aided/really fast guy players, and then as they say "let the chips fall as they may"!

I think what you'll see is a little different:

Region 6-3A:  Jax SS, Haywood County, Chester County, Lexington, Bolivar Central, Liberty Tech and McNairy Central

Region 7-3A:  Obion Central, Crockett County, Dyersburg, Dyer County, Covington and Ripley

Region 8-3A:  Frayser, Mitchell, Sheffield, Fayette Ware, Hillcrest and Trezevant

I don't think you'll see any regions with 5 teams...therefore, Fayette Ware - the closest to Memphis - will be put in 8-3A.

825335048[/snapback]

I think that's pretty close...only difference I think is possible is Haywood in 7-3A. It makes much more sense logisitically, since they are closer to the other schools in that region.

:D In response to COACHG:  I know that Sycamore, Cheatham, Creek Wood, and Montgomery Central are all within 30 minutes of each other.  I do not think it would make much sense to move any of them from each other, beside, they are also in the same district in other sports.  Now, Greenbrier is a haul for these schools, as well as Giles County and Marshall County.

My idea is this:

Region 4-3A:  Livingston, Greenbrier, Macon, Dekalb, Station Camp, White House, Lipscomb, and Pearl Cohn.

Region 5-3A:  Montgomery Central, Page, Giles, Marshall, Creek Wood, Sycamore, Cheatham, and Spring Hill.

*Of course no one knows what the TSSAA will do, But they will either use I-40 as a barrier for North/South or use I-24 as a barrier between East/West.  Lipscomb and Pearl both have Interstate access to whatever region they will be put in.

I just know there are 16 teams in 3A Middle TN, it makes sense to make two 8 team regions. ????????????

825335148[/snapback]

I'll have to hand it to you bird, I hadn't thought about splitting it east/west. I could very easily see your version happening, except that Pearl and Lipscomb are both west of I-24. Honestly, I don't think there is an easy answer to this one.

The one thing I hope they DON'T do is what Coachhard showed. I would hate to have Greenbrier in a 10-team region.....although, I could see them doing it.

825333027[/snapback]

What would everyone think of Grundy being moved into Region 4?

I think Grundy would rather play a Middle Tennessee schdule if they're going to be in a region where they can't play as many of their Sequatchie Valley foes.

I also think that the two teams Grundy would keep on their schedule outside of 8 region games would be Marion and South Pittsburg.

Opinions?

Del.