Which position would you pick?

rufus22

although he is not a player on the team i believe the best position is head trainer. THink about it when you BEST player does get hurt you dont want the head coach to give the evaluation you want the head trainer. So next you think to post a question like this think about who is the most important person to a team not the most important player

My first post, done alot of reading, but never felt the need to contribute:

My college coach told me, when I graduated and he knew I wanted to coach for a living:

Defensively, if you have one player, head and shoulders above the rest, play him at Free (eraser). If you have two, play them at end. The biggest mistake he saw HS coaches make was to put the best player at LB, so he could run the field. However, in his opinion, to turn in or stretch the play was most important, or that is exactly what your best player would end up doing, running the WHOLE field. If you felt your ends were solid, play your best player at LB.

Offensively, according to him:

1) Tailback was a priority - Had to Have a quality back

2) Quarterback - If you had two, you should play your best here

3) Tight End - Secure the off-tackle hole, hook the end to run outside, hardest to cover of all the receivers (play action passing)

4) Fullback - allows double team at the POA, one on one blocking between FB and defensive man (off-tackle kickout/Isolation)

5) Center - take your best blocker and he becomes your worst, the minute you put him at center (his quote, not mine) Few can step and snap the ball simoultaneously, and for a split second, you are blocking 1 handed, especially to your snapping side.

I know alot of people thought the question stupid, So they will probably think the answer was just as stupid (or the guy making it). However, hope this helps.