QB Cody Watts from Powell?

nada02

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about Cody Watts at QB from Powell?  I seen his last two games and he has had stellar perfomances.  I have seen nothing but good things from him this year at QB.  A lot of improvement over the past year running the football.

825343844[/snapback]

A pretty good player. How much freedom does he have out there? Does he audible at the line or just run the play that the coach calls?

• 4 weeks later...

Cody is having an outstanding year. He's connecting on 67% of his passes and has just over 1,000 passing yards. Cody has also rushed for right at 700 yards so far this year.

It seems that practically every team in 3-4A has a very talented quarterback, and Cody is definitely one of those talents.

He reminds me a lot of Zach Helton, except with a brain.  What year is Cody?

825382650[/snapback]

Watts is a junior. Watts is a bit taller than Zach at 6'1". I think that Helton is about 5'9".

They are similar in doing what they do best on the field.

What people do not understand is that Powell has a few D1 players on their team and without a doubt Watts is the best player on the team. He runs better than Helton, but not much. Helton throws better, but not much. To say Helton does not have a brain is crazy. They both have an unbelievable completion percentage. They also have good people around them to help,no matter what school they really belong to.

if he would like to win a state title he needs to transfer over to central and bring lee back with him. we can not compete with maryville when we split up our athletes.(example: imagine what lee could have done to maryville if he stayed with the winners in fountain city. i think he will be back next year...i hope.) maryville gets every athlete in blount county the rest go to alcoa, just look at heritage and william blount.

He runs better than Helton, but not much. Helton throws better, but not much.

he is in no way better than the zachster, at anything. zach is very mature for his age and very smart on the field, last i checked he had thrown only one interception all year. watts needs to transfer to central and play anywhere they can get him on the field.

comparing a powell kid to a central kid is comparing apples to onions. central being the apples. you will see in a couple of weeks, central will beat powell just as bad if not worse than maryville did. yall need to recruit some more of their players.

Edited by JohnPaul