Congratulations to Alcoa

Mr. Mustang

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sort of the same thing that happened last year in the playoffs. After a couple of carries, and a lead by the Tornadoes he went out of the game. Could've been a hammy, and if it is I feel bad for the guy because it could be his last Alcoa game, but it also could be frustration, and not wanting to take any part of the blame in a big loss.

I highly doubt that Tom.. Theres no way id go out the game because we were getting beat.. If you really want to know.. I went back in at the start of the 3rd quarter for a series and when i got to the sideline our trainer told me i was done.. :lol::D:D:D and o yea.. Last year in the playoffs i played the whole game..

Edited by 21DLatham

rebelsman, you mentioned mark love.  ben, logan, and brad are like family to me.  i think it would be nice since you played with mark to tell how great of a athlete he was. rumor has it he wasnt to shabby.

825345734[/snapback]

Mark and I were very close friends. We spent alot of time together on and off the field. We had a bluegrass band made up of Mark (lead vacalist by the way, another talent of his), Mike Simonic, Jerome Karnowski, Scott Graves, our #1 roady and trainer Kenneth "Luther" Reynolds, and myself.

As far as football goes, I don't think Mark knew how good he was in high school. It was one of those deals where he was seldom pushed by an opponent. We were on the '76 football team and graduated in '77. Mark was tall at about 6'-4" or 5". He was the perfect build for a college tight end and UT proved it by giving him a scholarship. Unfortuanately his career was nagged with injurys.

Mark was a tough guy and "happy go lucky" to a fault. I guess many of us fit that category. We tragically lost him in an automobile accident about 12-14 years ago.

I saw Logan play in the Alcoa vs Maryville game and I thought he was the most consistent player on the field, much like his dad was. Very consistent with a "let's get to work" type ethic.

A little more trivia from "back in the day". My first date was with Logan's mom when we were in 7th grade. My older sister and her date let us tag along to see "The Carpenters" at Stokely Athletic Center. I hope she doesn't mind me posting that (blush, blush).

Edited by Rebelsman

Alcoa is Maryville's rival RebelRon.  It was a rivalry even when you went to school there.

825345639[/snapback]

What's that mean? Their only our rival on one Friday man. When you're away from MHS a little while, you'll understand that. I had a hard time rooting for them and still do, but the fact is strong competition in Blount Co. makes for stronger county ball all the way around.

You don't have to love them, just want them to be good every Friday but one. Wouldn't it stink if we beat them 100-0 every year?

That was a cheap shot on Latham, he isn't the type of player that would lay down! If he was out of the game then it was because he was hurt! #1 Moore was only at about 65-70% when the game started also. He had a bad ankle rolled on in the Rockwood game and only played a few plays, also just played a few plays in the game before alcoa. If you noticed he was in lots of pain the whole game. These 2 players must be at 100% for offense to roll. I wouldn't doubt that these 2 teams will play again come play-off time. :D Goodluck for the rest of the year.

I highly doubt that Tom.. Theres no way id go out the game because we were getting beat.. If you really want to know.. I went back in at the start of the 3rd quarter for a series and when i got to the sideline our trainer told me i was done..  :(  :(  :(  :( and o yea..  Last year in the playoffs i played the whole game..

825348235[/snapback]

Oh Snap!!! You Gooooo Booooy!!! You can't get busted much worse than that Tommy boy. Go take a cold shower!!! :D

Hope your feeling better Latham. Good luck!

Edited by dmoyers1

First of Congrats to Alcoa .... As I said before Alcoa is still # 1 in our district untill knocked off & I don't see that happening any time soon.

Now to get to something that realy ERKS me to no end. Moore & Latham are extremley GOOD players BUT they are NOT the only two on the team. I have never seen worse ( BLOCKING ) or ( Talcking ) in high school ball as I did Thursday night. Lets just hope it was the weather & we'll see better out of our team in the future. Maybe we can get Upton & Smith & Bloomstrum, & the other Latham

involved a little more in our offence in the future. I know they can catch a pass

BECAUSE I've seen them do it. Anyway good to Alcoa the rest of the way & GOOD luck to my WILDCATS. Maybe we'll get a chance to redeem in the playoffs.

Rebelsman,

...why do stars fall down from the sky, everytime you walk by?

Gov-man,

"Could it be, that they long to be clost ("clost" is really "close" to everyone outside of Blount County) to Rebelsman?"

laaaaa....la la la la........clost to you...........

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS