CHARGING FOR FOOTBALL GAMES.

hardball23

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CoachT_bag

hamilton county has different things the adults are the most then students are a little cheaper then like if your and honar roll or somthing like that they give you a card and yuo get in for just a couple bucks

I don't know if they still do but several years ago when I was in school you could by tickets at school during the day on Friday at a discount I think $3.00 instead if the $5.00 at the gate?

825352341[/snapback]

That is how it is done at Cookeville. If you have a valid school id then you can buy a discounted ticket on Friday at school.

I want to know if there are any schools that charge a "student activity fee" at the first of the school year. Let`s say that a 1,000 student school charges all students 20 bucks for the student activity fee. They get a card which would then get them into any game of any sport. That would be 20,000 dollars for the school. Plus students would be more likely to attend games.

I`m not sure if this is even legal at a public school. I know when I was at MTSU all students had to get a student activity card

I think TSSAA needs to up the price to $10 or even $15 dollars for adults, $7 for students and let kids under 14 in free. They need to remove the cap you can charge as a maximum. Some markets will bear more than others. Williamson Countians will probably pay more than a more rural county and if other sports programs can benefit from it why not?

If a family of 5 goes to the movies on a Friday night its $7.50 per ticket and then a minimum of another $6 for popcorn and drink. I think the entertainment value is much higher for football.

I was sitting behind home plate at the Braves game tonight with 3 clients and it cost me a lot more than $7.50!!! They would have been more entertained at a Brentwood v. Franklin Game! Smoltz choked in the ninth and gave up a two run lead with 5 runs on six hits!

Volunteer[/url'>General' date='Sep 22 2004 - 10:33 PM']I want to know if there are any schools that charge a "student activity fee" at the first of the school year. Let`s say that a 1,000 student school charges all students 20 bucks for the student activity fee. They get a card which would then get them into any game of any sport. That would be 20,000 dollars for the school. Plus students would be more likely to attend games.

I`m not sure if this is even legal at a public school. I know when I was at MTSU all students had to get a student activity card

825352351[/snapback]

Franklin charges $25 ....but its voluntary!