East Robertson Football?

Allie2007

Ball park i think it is over 150 wins in 15 seasons.

Hsfball, you were very close my friend. It is 157 wins in 15 years with 2 state championships and 2 runner-ups. Also, it is nice to be referred to as "it", kind of flattering for someone who will most likely never step on a football field again unless its for intramurals.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the answer to your question i quess.

east robertson can not get any respect because everybody is worried about private schools...just kidding

east continue your program in the direction you have it going in.

Libscomb has one of the best programs in middle Tennessee and they don't want to take no crap off of nobody...thats pride

sorry about the jabs....your coaching staff wouldn't put up with the cheating. they are class acts

good luck to both of you friday

this is the answer to your question i quess.

east robertson can not get any respect because everybody is worried about private schools...just kidding

east continue your program in the direction you have it going in.

Libscomb has one of the best programs in middle Tennessee and they don't want to take no crap off of nobody...thats pride

sorry about the jabs....your coaching staff wouldn't put up with the cheating. they are class acts

good luck to both of you friday

825358366[/snapback]

Thank you, I can respect that. You are more than welcome to jab at us posters as opposed to the school. We rather enjoy the wars of words.

BombSquad, I respect the football program over at David Lipscomb.  I think that Elrod, Rogers, and Wilkerson are great ball players and that another trip to the BlueCross Bowl is in store for you guys this season. However, I may be wrong but didn't you guys pay for one of yalls defensive linemen to go to school last year???  I remember reading a story about that in the Tennessean last fall.  Technically, paying for one's school is borderline recruiting since that is what colleges do for their student-athletes.  Best of luck to you guys for the remainder of the season because I know that you'll be looking to avenge last year's embarrassment in Murfreesboro!!!

825358936[/snapback]

NO! The kid you are talking about is David Abbas. He paid his own way. He worked a job to pay his own way due to his father being ill & not being able to pay. Lipscomb did not pay for him to go to school there.

[COLOR=purple]

Some County Love In Here.....!!!!!  From Greenbrier to East we here your call we had to make the play-offs and some last year till we got any notice now look we ar maken teams like Lipscomb eat are dirt.....I give it up to East yall are a Hard nose team and dont stop Tryin ......What i got to say is Get After lipscomb hit them in there mouths and they will fall thats all ya got to do.....Get them Indians thumb

825356681[/snapback]

...haha Bobcat!... i appreciate your county love!... being a big Portland/ERHS/SHHS fan, I rooted for ya'll when you played White House!(I have a gut feelin GB will get their revenge on WH next year!)

...To all of the "David Lipscomb" commenters... We are talkin 'bout ERHS... I know Lipscomb is a great football team, and I respect them. I think that on Friday night, it will not be an easy game. DL proved who was the better team out of the two private schools... and I give ya'll credit for it. I just think that the post was focused on East Robertson and it turned into a DL thing.

...To the person who was talking about respect... You are right, respect cannot just be written. If I didn't think East Robertson had proved to me that thry deserved some respect, then I would not have made this post....

As always.. I wish all of your teams good luck on Friday, and I hope all of ya'lls boys play well! Best Wishes! :rolleyes:

Edited by Allie2007

• 2 months later...
You want respect in your region?  Beat Lipscomb and Goodpasture.  You haven't done it yet.  A couple of years ago ER started 3-0 and was supposed to be really good so I drove up to Cross Plains and saw them get destroyed by Goodpasture.  Beat ONE of them and then MAYBE you can get on here and talk.  Until Smith County decided to move up, you couldn't even make the play-offs.  If I were you, I would't count out Westmoreland or <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=590&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Houston Co.</a> either.

825357340[/snapback]

825468353[/snapback]

Well we did beat WestMoreland as you know and as far as Goodpasture went we tied the game with a 95 yard runback by #5, after the touchdown was made and the place was rockin' we had a ref as usual throw a flag back at our own 10 after the touch down was made and only then were we called for a holding penalty with no-one in the area. Well, once that happened you figured who the ref's were for. Finally after being tired of fighting the ref's our coaches and the head ref of all of Tennessee for the 2_a division also reviewed the tape and saw that there was no holding call at all. That ref got in serious trouble. It didn't get us back the win and we aren't using it as an excuse because the head ref watched the tape like 3 times before he made his decision. As far as Lipscomb, just unbelievable team. We were one of the only teams to score as many points that we did that no other team until playoff's occured. We did score more against them than Goodpasture did, but hey Goodpasture has a good team, Mr. Football Patrick Turner, enough said. It's just really bunk that when you play a team that hard any team it's bad enough playing the team that your playing but having to play the ref's stink!!! Most of the boys that I care about were seniors, and they played together as a team more than any other team since 1998 and that was 1-A football. This is the 1st time that we made it to play off's and beat a good polk county team!!! The seniors that we had were awesome, at least most of them were. It's just hard playing private schools and next year East has it worse with all private schools being moved up tp 2-A except East and harpeth being the only non private school!!! That's going to be rough!!! You have great speed left with chase, desmond, and carlos, but you have lost all of your strenght and power but look for the center who will only be a junior, mcAllister to shine!!! Since you seem pretty open minded about East but the Westmoreland game was a way off call, but who knew then, only we did, we liked that we were the underdog, heck we finished 3rd in the conference only after 2 private schools, Lipscomb and Goodpasture, the only true loss we had was to cheatam County who had a better team than most knew, for us we should have beat that team, bad play calling. Open minded that you are and hopefully a true goodpasture player or fan since you know your football as well as we finished who do you see if anyone making all district team? I will respect your response!!! Congrats to a good season!!! Watching Turner was a joy like watching a college player!!!

1. It's people like you who are total annoyances to the CoachT society. Keep your cute little recruiting comments to yourself, I know they make you and your little team happy to think that DL has that advantage, when, in reality, they are just better than you.

2. Get to change regions? They are moving up to 3A. Excuse me, but I think that is more of a "have to" situation than a "get to". I'm not making excuses for next year by any means, DL will do just fine in 3A.

You,my aquaintance, are what I like to affectionatly refer to as a Poster Poser. Please don't post about things you have no idea about. Have a wonderful day.

825357921[/snapback]

[/quote

I am not from East Robertson nor did I follow them only after watching them play the opening game against undeafted and state champs DCA. The coach from DCA admitted in the paper that one of the hardest games he played this year was the east Robertson indians. Ask Polk County too. I usually do not respond from a letter written by a Lipscomb fan or player because they can back up what they say, but whom ever you are, you are just plain rude!!! Do you have some type of jealousy towards East that you are hiding deep inside of you? You can't be a player, they have too much class!!! Actually it was Elrod or Rogers that honestly told one of their players, #55, J Rusin that he should be seeing his name at the end of the year for region honors for defensive end. You also had that #77 Phillips at tackle that had great stats!!! Yes, Lipscomb did beat East in regular season and in 2nd round play-off's, Lipscomb players posted after that regular season game that they respected East and with the seniors that they had this year that Lipscomb commented on how for the 1st time they had to keep their 1st string in the entire game. Before playoff's East was the only team that had scored as much as they did than any other team that DL had played. Even more than the other private school that does recruit, Goodpasture when they played you in the play off's!!! East scored more!!! You must not read the other comments from East to Lipscomb and from Lipscomb to East!! When East played the heavily favored Polk County team in the 1st round, everyone who had not played East were all picking Polk County except for Lipscomb who told Polk County to watch out for that defense lead by Rusin and Phillips!!! Rusin had 3 sacks against DCA then averaged 2 to 3 every game after that except in the playoff's because DL's coach coached well, take out Rusin and Phillips you had it made. !st time playing Lipscomb, Rusin had 2 sacks with around 13 tackles, how do you think they knew to shut down Rusin and Phillips in the play off's!!! Your an annoyance when your own Football players know more than you know, they play the game!!! So good luck to Lipscomb in 3-A, it's gonna be a lot different when you are playing real teams, public schools that that won't have to pay a college tution to go to high school to hopefully get a football scholarship. They can do this free just for being good!!! Your facing Fulton-Knoxville if you are lucky enough to even get to play off's, that will be a joke considering in ole little 2-A where you are so big and bad got pounced by Alcoa at your own private school!!! So ya better hope that you can start recruiting since you say that you don't and that public schools I guess like East are just jealous of your natural talent because natural could have you at a 5-5 season if lucky!!! Wait, I am sorry my aquaitance...I sound as low down as your character sounds...I don't want to sound like you, are you a cheerleader? Cheerleaders are nicer than you...are you the towel boy, that would explain it, totally!!! I hope Lipscomb does well in 3-A...it only makes the Nashville area look better than all of your power schools in the Eastern and Western part of Tennessee!!! So it's going to be embarassing when your football players read what you wrote...Hopefully none will know your screen name!!! You better start studying your complete 3-A teams before you my dear...how lame, become a poster poser next year and someone blows your cover!!! Good luck DL!!!

1. It's people like you who are total annoyances to the CoachT society.  Keep your cute little recruiting comments to yourself, I know they make you and your little team happy to think that DL has that advantage, when, in reality, they are just better than you.

2. Get to change regions?  They are moving up to 3A.  Excuse me, but I think that is more of a "have to" situation than a "get to".  I'm not making excuses for next year by any means, DL will do just fine in 3A.

You,my aquaintance, are what I like to affectionatly refer to as a Poster Poser.  Please don't post about things you have no idea about.  Have a wonderful day.

825357921[/snapback]

Is this a girl or a guy speaking? If it's a girl, hey that's okay...if this is a guy...I am kind of worried!!!

1. It's people like you who are total annoyances to the CoachT society. Keep your cute little recruiting comments to yourself, I know they make you and your little team happy to think that DL has that advantage, when, in reality, they are just better than you.

2. Get to change regions? They are moving up to 3A. Excuse me, but I think that is more of a "have to" situation than a "get to". I'm not making excuses for next year by any means, DL will do just fine in 3A.

You,my aquaintance, are what I like to affectionatly refer to as a Poster Poser. Please don't post about things you have no idea about. Have a wonderful day.

825357921[/snapback]

[/quote

I am not from East Robertson nor did I follow them only after watching them play the opening game against undeafted and state champs DCA. The coach from DCA admitted in the paper that one of the hardest games he played this year was the east Robertson indians. Ask Polk County too. I usually do not respond from a letter written by a Lipscomb fan or player because they can back up what they say, but whom ever you are, you are just plain rude!!! Do you have some type of jealousy towards East that you are hiding deep inside of you? You can't be a player, they have too much class!!! Actually it was Elrod or Rogers that honestly told one of their players, #55, J Rusin that he should be seeing his name at the end of the year for region honors for defensive end. You also had that #77 Phillips at tackle that had great stats!!! Yes, Lipscomb did beat East in regular season and in 2nd round play-off's, Lipscomb players posted after that regular season game that they respected East and with the seniors that they had this year that Lipscomb commented on how for the 1st time they had to keep their 1st string in the entire game. Before playoff's East was the only team that had scored as much as they did than any other team that DL had played. Even more than the other private school that does recruit, Goodpasture when they played you in the play off's!!! East scored more!!! You must not read the other comments from East to Lipscomb and from Lipscomb to East!! When East played the heavily favored Polk County team in the 1st round, everyone who had not played East were all picking Polk County except for Lipscomb who told Polk County to watch out for that defense lead by Rusin and Phillips!!! Rusin had 3 sacks against DCA then averaged 2 to 3 every game after that except in the playoff's because DL's coach coached well, take out Rusin and Phillips you had it made. !st time playing Lipscomb, Rusin had 2 sacks with around 13 tackles, how do you think they knew to shut down Rusin and Phillips in the play off's!!! Your an annoyance when your own Football players know more than you know, they play the game!!! So good luck to Lipscomb in 3-A, it's gonna be a lot different when you are playing real teams, public schools that that won't have to pay a college tution to go to high school to hopefully get a football scholarship. They can do this free just for being good!!! Your facing Fulton-Knoxville if you are lucky enough to even get to play off's, that will be a joke considering in ole little 2-A where you are so big and bad got pounced by Alcoa at your own private school!!! So ya better hope that you can start recruiting since you say that you don't and that public schools I guess like East are just jealous of your natural talent because natural could have you at a 5-5 season if lucky!!! Wait, I am sorry my aquaitance...I sound as low down as your character sounds...I don't want to sound like you, are you a cheerleader? Cheerleaders are nicer than you...are you the towel boy, that would explain it, totally!!! I hope Lipscomb does well in 3-A...it only makes the Nashville area look better than all of your power schools in the Eastern and Western part of Tennessee!!! So it's going to be embarassing when your football players read what you wrote...Hopefully none will know your screen name!!! You better start studying your complete 3-A teams before you my dear...how lame, become a poster poser next year and someone blows your cover!!! Good luck DL!!!

825469668[/snapback]

Please realize that the type of comments that you read from supposed Lipscomb players are not of the current type, but of the recent past. They get great pleasure from their dorm rooms of mixing it up on CoachT. As for those who are very close to the program, there is a great admiration of the East Robertson program in the past few years. They have been a very physical team and have had some very good players. Of all the teams Lipscomb have played in recent years, East Robertson and Station Camp have been two of the more hard hitting teams the Mustangs have faced. Their fans packed their side of the stadium during the playoffs. I have a great fascination for High School Football and I hope that the Cross Plains community will continue their support of the Indians. With Lipscomb gone from that region along with Station Camp, East Robertson may still have their hands full.

Yeah, I just checked the boards to find my name once again being verbally harassed. I honestly don't remember much about this thread, and don't care to read it all. I do however have a lot of respect for ER, and I totally apologize for the better than you comment, that was wrong, and I did not realize that at the time. I stand by my comments in response to recruiting stuff, and I refuse to argue that topic further. So yeah, fellas who are reading this out of shear boredom, I apologize for my words, I was mildly agitated at the recruiting comment, but that is no excuse. East has a great program and I respect them. I really am sorry about that comment, I would edit it, but its been quoted so many times it is useless to do so. Vandy1, who knows? I might eventually make it out of the "mixing it up" business. Once again my apologies to ER. Good luck Indians and Mustangs!