Campbell County vs. Sevier County

CCReciever08

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In watching the Cougars in every contest except South-Doyle (illness), I see steady improvement in all facets of the game. The O-Line is improving with each snap, Chris Johnson is back to his old form, Brance Stiner is getting better with each throw, and Josh Allen has emerged as a go-to WR. In addition, Eric Summers is emerging as another threat at WR and this team is beginning to believe in themselves. The offense is beginning to click with a balanced attack. I am "old school" and think control of the tranches is what will make or break this team as far as a winning season goes.

On the defensive side of the ball, LBs Oscar Byrge and Brian Slover have having All-Region type seasons. With steady improvement from the D-Line of Jesse Bowman, Justin McCloud. Mitchell Tipton, etc., the D continues to impress. Larry Napier has good instincts and flys to the ball on D. The secondary is also improving, but subject to let a speedy WR slip behind coverage. Bobby Russell is a headhunter and Travis Leach has shown promise, but need better, more consistent play from the safeties.

With all of that said, the match-up with Sevier Co. may be a very interesting game. Alot depends on the health of the Bears' outstanding RB Zacc Pate. Pate did not play at Oak Ridge, which was a contributing factor in the 52-0 slaughter. The Cougars will definitely have the edge at SC if Pate is unable to play. However, even with Pate sidelined, the Cougars must bring their A-game to defeat Sevier Co. in the Bears' home stadium. Two other keys to this game rests with the answers to the following questions: How will the Bears respond to the thrashing at OR? How will the Cougars respond to rare back-to-back victories? If they swagger into SC as they did at Jeff Co., they may limp back home. If they come in focused, control the ball without turnovers and eliminate the untimely and sometimes stupid penalties, they may find themselves with a 3 game win streak and a legitimate shot at their first ever play-off appearance . . .

Get your game faces on and go to Sevierville with a confident but not cocky attitude. If I know the boys at Sevier Co., (I used to live there) they may spend more time reflecting on this past friday and what went wrong than preparing for you! I'm not saying they will overlook you by any means, but a 52 - 0 shelling will stick in Coach Brewers craw like peanut butter to the roof of a plot hounds mouth. thumb

This is a big week for the region 1-5A. there are 6 teams that are 1-1, and they all face off against a fellow 1-1 region opponents this friday. this week will give us some separation in the region. CC seems to be improving, and i assume Sevier Co will be happy to get back to region play after playing a TOUGH Oak Ridge team. who's gonna be able to control the line? dont know too much about either team, but i think this one will be won up front.

Campbell County doesn't need to go in cocky.  Coach Wells needs to have them ready to play an awesome sevier county team.  If they play to their full potential then, things could get interesting.

825357142[/snapback]

Just to let you know...CC is everything but cocky. This team is serious. We will jsut have to see if we show up on friday night. We will continue to better our playthrough this weeks practice. But I can assure you, we are not cocky. We learned that after week 2.

You mean after week 2 and 3.

825357158[/snapback]

No just after week 2, Week 3 was a case of turnovers and not playing to OUR potential. We weren't cocky at all that game. Campbell County isn't cocky by any means at all. We still haven't done anything spectacular yet! This game is the turning point in the season. I think it will be one heck of a game. And I agree that it is gonna be won up front.