Campbell County vs. Sevier County

CCReciever08

Once again, this game is going to depend on how well the cc offensive line performs. They have been pretty good the last couple of weeks, however it has been against lesser competition. And the stats show that if Johnson carries the ball 20 or more times, cc wins. And will the offensive staff throw the ball early to loosen up the Sevier Co. defense? The cc defense has improved the last couple of weeks, but like i said earlier, it has been against lesser competition. This will be a true test for the Cougars. They can win, but it will be tough.

Campbell Co.- 28

Sevier Co. - 20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to CCHS last year and havent missed a game in about 5 yrs i just wanna say all this talk about being cocky is a little misleading. I think every team should have a little sense of cockyness about them. You should walk out on the field thinking the other team shouldnt even be on the same field as you, but at the same give the team respect. I think CCHS does this. I think CCHS can win this game if the O- Line shows up and makes some holes. I think Stiner should only throw 8-10 passes, not becouse he cant throw, but becouse Johnson has to touch the ball at least 25 to 30 times. If they do that I think they could have a huge region win.

CCHS-28

SCHS-17

Edited by Highlander21

For probably the first time in--well ever, I actually do not have much to say. The Cougars looked good against Scott County on Friday night. It is obvious, if you've seen the stats, that Johnson had an amazing game--but I think to often, those that help him are overlooked. The offensive line has improved over time--to run, you need blockers. He broke the school's record for yards in a game, but as far as I could see he was not the only player on the field. A running back can do well just being good--just being fast, but to do as well as Johnson is doing he is getting help. People are so eager to critize the O-line...From where I'm sitting, they are doing something right.

Well, enough about the past, lets look ahead to this Friday night at Sevier County. The Smoky Bears are a good team, but we can beat them. Does that mean we will? Not necessarily. The Cougars are not overconfident, if anything, they are simply out to prove themselves and gain a little respect. Believing in yourself and being cocky are not at all the same things. I see the Cougars going into Sevierville 2-2 and coming out 3-2.

My Prediction:

Campbell County 28

Sevier County 12

Campbell County    28

Sevier County        12

No way, CC will have to outscore Sevier County to win. It will be in the high 20'3 and 30's or maybe even 40's. It should be a great RB duel if Pate is okay to go. But SC passes the ball much better and has a better o-line. I haven't heard much about CC's defense, are they better than last year? Their exterior players were solid last year.

I'm saying Sevier County 38-28 barring no inclement weather.

Edited by BHSfootball

No way, CC will have to outscore Sevier County to win.  It will be in the high 20'3 and 30's or maybe even 40's.  It should be a great RB duel if Pate is okay to go.  But SC passes the ball much better and has a better o-line.  I haven't heard much about CC's defense, are they better than last year?  Their exterior players were solid last year. 

I'm saying Sevier County 38-28 barring no inclement weather.

825358092[/snapback]

Well, prior to last week our defense was ranked #1 in ypg, giving up 149 and an average of 13 points. Out starters gave up 183 yards and 6 points to Scott Co., then we put our JV in, and im not sure how much they gave up...but we'll prolly not be #1 anymore. Once again, I'm not gonna make any predictions, but I know we'll come to play Friday and it should be a good game.

I hate to go out on a limb, buttttttttt with Pate in the ballgame healthy.  Sevier Co. 17 Campbell Co. 13.  If Pate goes down with a reinjury of the ankle or is only running at 75 % Campbell Co. might pull out a close one by a 1 pt. kick or 2 pt. conversion.

825358479[/snapback]

no faith in the cougar defense possum! thats ok, i hope we can prove you wrong if he plays the whole game. thumb

Now don't call it a lack of faith in defense, after all I only predicted 17 pts.  Just don't allow them to run up 35 like Jeff Co. and you will be in the game.

825358499[/snapback]

i dont think we will let them score 35 points, we will not over look them like we did Clinton and jeff co we are very focus! you can only call like you see it, I know you have faith but we still need to prove that we can beat a quality team and this is a perfect time for us! thumb