Jefferson County vs. Karns

HEATHHELTON

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys seem to keep forgetting that marty was hired in the spring, not exactly a lot of time to put what he wants offensively, at this point marty is doing better than i thought he would, but the man keeps on proving the critics, hes one of the best in this state! be glad you have him

825360437[/snapback]

Oakland2001, We are 3-2, our defense, offensive line, punter, and All AMERICAN Shivy have given us the opportunity to be 5-0. Coach U is a one trick pony, he does not understand the passing game. I was not a meadows fan, I don't know how he would do with this team, but what ever you can say about meadows, he was a winner and he did know how to run an offense. Don't get sidetracted, Meadows would have done as well as U. If Meadows & Smoot teamed up, we win the state. If we are going to pat on any backs it should be Smoot & Anderson. Coach U has done well because of the programs he has coached at, as I have said forever, we always have state playoff tallent at JCHS. I have a feeling the same holds true at Oakland. MAKE NO MISTAKE, I HAVE SEEN ALL THE GAMES, WE SHOULD BE 5-0. Give credit were credit is do. By the way, has William Blount ever been any good? One last thing, you said that he hasn't put in all the offense, we only run about 7 or 8 different plays, I thinks our boys are capable of running a few new ones, I don't think U knows anything else.

DAFAN,

You have an outstanding team, as I have said many times on many threads, but shouldn't be 5-0...and last years team should have been 10-0 with the skill talent that was there to go along with the line talent you had and still have most of...I don't know Coach U other than by reputation, but I think you all will be very happy with where the program can go with him at the helm, maybe it could have gone the same with Coach Meadows as well, but, he is no longer there (by his choice)...enjoy this team and what they are accomplishing...

region4fan,

yeah, looks like JPATS5 finally was right on something, Shiverdecker is a fine player.

Roll Tribe Roll

Oakland2001, We are 3-2, our defense, offensive line, punter, and All AMERICAN Shivy have given us the opportunity to be 5-0. Coach U is a one trick pony, he does not understand the passing game. I was not a meadows fan, I don't know how he would do with this team, but what ever you can say about meadows, he was a winner and he did know how to run an offense. Don't get sidetracted, Meadows would have done as well as U. If Meadows & Smoot teamed up, we win the state. If we are going to pat on any backs it should be Smoot & Anderson. Coach U has done well because of the programs he has coached at, as I have said forever, we always have state playoff tallent at JCHS. I have a feeling the same holds true at Oakland. MAKE NO MISTAKE, I HAVE SEEN ALL THE GAMES, WE SHOULD BE 5-0. Give credit were credit is do. By the way, has William Blount ever been any good? One last thing, you said that he hasn't put in all the offense, we only run about 7 or 8 different plays, I thinks our boys are capable of running a few new ones, I don't think U knows anything else.

825361550[/snapback]

I've definitely got a different opinion. Meadows was good, but he had more "STARS", Marty doesn't go for the star CRAP. No I in Team. These kids didn't know how to utilize their time in practice, beside the STARS, other players figured what the heck I'm not going to get to play. I had my doubts since the start this year, listening to the boys talk and whine about how hard practice was, the yes sir no sir stuff, the discipline, (absolutely no discipline the last 3 years). Also the reason one player went to another school. But, I am truly impressed with Marty. The respect these kids have developed for the coaching staff and THEMSELVES. It's working big time. It's unanimus everyone has made comments about how far the kids have come in such a short time under Marty, and they continue to improve each week. The expression in their faces after each game (win or lose) when Marty says, "let me see your eyes, let me see your eyes up here" shows the difference in this TEAM. I compliment Marty and Smoot, Anderson, Brimmer, Messy, Piping---,McCash they have done an outstanding job in a short time with a very confused (due to so many coaching changes in 3 years),average group of guys that had the potential to do something great with the right direction. Let me step off the soap box a minute. I do wish we would utilize the pass more, I agree,if a team stops our run we bog down. Diversity is not bad. Go Patriots!!!!

825361550[/snapback]

I've definitely got  a different opinion.  Meadows was good, but he had more "STARS", Marty doesn't go for the star CRAP.  No I in Team.  These kids didn't know how to utilize their time in practice, beside the STARS, other players figured what the heck I'm not going to get to play.  I had my doubts since the start this year, listening to the boys talk and whine about how hard practice was, the yes sir  no sir stuff, the discipline, (absolutely no discipline the last 3 years).  Also the reason one player went to another school.  But, I am truly impressed with Marty.  The respect these kids have developed for the coaching staff and THEMSELVES.  It's working big time.  It's unanimus everyone has made comments about how far the kids have come in such a short time under Marty, and they continue to improve each week.  The expression in their faces after each game (win or lose) when Marty says, "let me see your eyes, let me see your eyes up here" shows the difference in this TEAM.  I compliment Marty and Smoot, Anderson, Brimmer, Messy, Piping---,McCash they have done an outstanding job in a short time with a very confused (due to so many coaching changes in 3 years),average group of guys that had the potential to do something great with the right direction.  Let me step off the soap box a minute.  I do wish we would utilize the pass more, I agree,if a team stops our run we bog down.  Diversity is not bad.  Go Patriots!!!!

825361647[/snapback]

like i have said before, when marty is comfortable enough with the personnel he has in passing the ball, he will do so. at oakland, when we had a good qb to throw the football that he was confident with oakland would throw 15-20 times a game, even sometimes throw it 30 times a game. oakland and jeff co are the only tradition rich programs he has coached at, marty has earned every bit of what he has gotten, you gotta be pretty good when you state in your 1st year as a head coach( he was a assitant at oakland for 3 years prior) and the team went from 5-5 to 13-2 along with their 1st win over riverdale in many years. euverard treats his players like men and i think they respond to that. if you have doubts about marty, just go ask clark at db or if you wanna take it a step farther, go ask rankin at riverdale, i can tell you hes glad he doesnt have to go up against marty anymore, give him a few years and marty will have a well balanced attack. btw, i can see how you people like pippenger, hes a good one. marty is doing a great job considering he was hired right before sping training. keep it up marty!

Edited by oakland2001

To critisize Coach U on not passing, and say Meadows mixed it up more is not even close. Meadows did not mix up the pass either. Yes there was a lot of passing, but it was all to One receiver. Yes, that receiver was good. But it wasn't as I have stated before throwing talent by Clement that did it it was Tyler that did the work. Coach Meadows had a lot of other options that he did not rely upon. Most of the time we did not need them, but if utilized we could have went undefeated last year. If we were to pass to the T/E at DB either last year, or this year we would have won the game. It would have opened up the offence, and it was wide open both years. There is no comparison there between the two coaches. If Coach U would have been here the last two years in the place of Meadows, Our boys would be wearing a ring from last season. 9-2 was a good year, but it could have been much more. But no use living in the past, no use comparing someone that is not here. Yes we need to pass a little more, but Luther in at T/E on some Hot passes, Run some more short passes with the recievers, I agree that would help open up the offense. But no one can knock the improvement of the TEAM that has been made this year, but this group of boys coming in, especially these seniors, have always played as a TEAM. All the way from grass cutter ball. Coach U if you would have came two years earlier, we may have had back to back State rings.

Oakland2001, you are right, he has not had time to learn everyone. Unfortunately the year will be through by the time he has to get the kinks worked out.

The 2 platoom system has worked better than I thought it would, the unexperienced o-line has done a much better job. I would like to see more size in when we get close to scoring, maybe bring in Yeary, Green, Luther, Hop and mix them in when it is getting close. I know he doesn't want to play them both ways, and it is understandable, but these boys in on the offensive line, the 3 times in the 20 at DB would have at least produced 2 touch downs.

Well enough said. This is suppose to be a post on the Karns game. Keep your heads on straight boys, and get your first win on the road this year. Defense, keep pitching your shut out, you will get some recognition sometime.

825361550[/snapback]

You are out of your mind. How can you question the mans coaching skill when we have played close in EVERY game. You must not understand what a head coach means to an team. There has been a complete change in the mindset of the players, we are fundamentally sound, and we are prepared for every game. Coach U runs a tight ship, and it is very good for this team IMO. Like Reido said, this team had very little disipline the last few years. I shudder to think what this team would have been like last year if we had the same coaching staff. Coach U has been a breath of fresh air for this program, I`m glad he's here.

BTW Meadows wouldn`t have done crap with this team.

You are out of your mind. How can you question the mans coaching skill when we have played close in EVERY game. You must not understand what a head coach means to an team. There has been a complete change in the mindset of the players, we are fundamentally sound, and we are prepared for every game. Coach U runs a tight ship, and it is very good for this team IMO. Like Reido said, this team had very little disipline the last few years. I shudder to think what this team would have been like last year if we had the same coaching staff. Coach U has been a breath of fresh air for this program, I`m glad he's here.

BTW Meadows wouldn`t have done crap with this team.

825362268[/snapback]

Well I'm glad everyone is reading the boards, I think we have just about heard from everyone on my last post with the exception of Barnyard. Why are we patting ourselves on the back telling each other how good we are, when we are 3-2 We lost to the only good teams we played. Based on the post from the DB people, they played the worst game of the year against us. Lets face the facts, we played well enough on defense and run offense to win both of those games. Smoot has brought out one of the best defenses ever at JC, if not the best. Coach U may be a great guy, he may be good at hiring assistants but has failed the team in game plan. I don't think he has to throw the ball every down, but add something to put the team in the position to win. As I said earlier, I wasn't a Meadows fan, but he would have won the three games that we have also won and maybe put something together to win the games we lost. IF MEADOWS WOULD HAVE HAD SMOOT AS DEFENSE COOR. LAST YEAR, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN STATE CHAMPIONS. Someone said earlier in the week that things had gotten boring on line, not anymore. I have no bad feelings against Coach U, I'm sure he's a nice. But please, have we ever had this good of defense, which I'm told that he doesn't coach defense at all. How many Shivy have rolled thru JC as Soph. Did he teach Shivy how to do what he does, if so, he should be in the NFL. We have all agreed that the O-line has gotten much better and that most of Shivy's yards are after the line of scrimmage. All I'm saying is give credit were credit is due. Coach U has hired good asst. and has brought disipline to our program.

Hugs & kisses

Well I'm glad everyone is reading the boards, I think we have just about heard from everyone on my last post with the exception of Barnyard. Why are we patting ourselves on the back telling each other how good we are, when we are 3-2 We lost to the only good teams we played. Based on the post from the DB people, they played the worst game of the year against us. Lets face the facts, we played well enough on defense and run offense to win both of those games. Smoot has brought out one of the best defenses ever at JC, if not the best. Coach U may be a great guy, he may be good at hiring assistants but has failed the team in game plan. I don't think he has to throw the ball every down, but add something to put the team in the position to win. As I said earlier, I wasn't a Meadows fan, but he would have won the three games that we have also won and maybe put something together to win the games we lost. IF MEADOWS WOULD HAVE HAD SMOOT AS DEFENSE COOR. LAST YEAR, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN STATE CHAMPIONS. Someone said earlier in the week that things had gotten boring on line, not anymore. I have no bad feelings against Coach U, I'm sure he's a nice. But please, have we ever had this good of defense, which I'm told that he doesn't coach defense at all. How many Shivy have rolled thru JC as Soph. Did he teach Shivy how to do what he does, if so, he should be in the NFL. We have all agreed that the O-line has gotten much better and that most of Shivy's yards are after the line of scrimmage. All I'm saying is give credit were credit is due. Coach U has hired good asst. and has brought disipline to our program.

Hugs & kisses

825362322[/snapback]

WRONG AGAIN.

Why is it that you attribute the bad things to coach U, but don`t give him credit for the good things?

"IF MEADOWS WOULD HAVE HAD SMOOT AS DEFENSE COOR. LAST YEAR, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN STATE CHAMPIONS"

Give me a break anybody can say that. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda. I could say that if DB had not lost Lamon before the Oak Ridge quarterfinal, DB would have been state champ. Whatever. DAFAN you seem to be an armchair coach. Why don't you get out there and tell everyone what to do o' mighty one. Jeff Co has always been one of my favorite teams (after DB of course) but as an outsider it is easy to see that Euverard is a much better fit for Jeff Co than Meadows was. You should just support your coach, it is his job not yours mister armchair.

Hugs & kisses

825362322[/snapback]

You obviously know nothing about JC football if you are talkin like that. Meadows runs the Wing-T, which relies HEAVILY on having a strong backfield, Im not talkin about a good running back, WE HAVE THAT, Im talking good tailback, good full back, and a seasoned QB not to mention a WR to throw to. Dont get me wrong Ben has done an awesome job but he couldnt have done better than Parker Jeff Scoot and Tyler did last year with this team.

Look at Meadows at William Blount, they are calling for his head on a stick, they returned almost every starter from last years playoff team, and gained a strong player in Aaron Carson, and they are 0-5? Explain that.

Meadows is a good coach and a great man, but alot of the success if not all of it last year should be credited to the young men that are Freshmen in college this year. Thats it, plain and simple.