Jefferson County vs. Karns

HEATHHELTON

10 don't doubt yourself and play as hard as you can, as you will look back like all of us have and wish you had worked harder. The coaching can only put you in the right place at the right time to make the play, but you have to make the play. The players on this team have always stuck together and played hard with 3 different coaching staffs and they have always done well, so the coaching is over rated if you think they win games put them on the field.

Meadows--won with talent, now he does not have talent he is losing.

Hutchins was winning with talent at McMinn but now he is losing at SD with no talent

Coach k won JC with talent and when the well went dry it went dry.

Coach Woods at Mowest was on a roll for 6 years, but he also has hit bad times.

I can go on and on.

Just a few examples of what coaching can do or not do. If your worried about what the people on this post are saying, then do something about it, use it for your motivation to get ready and play at the top of your game. Prove everyone wrong and win all your games left.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I suggest that you read this comment of mine again.  Some of you are beating a dead horse--grieve on your own time and not in a public forum where players can read the negativity.  If they start doubting the coach, this season is over

825363485[/snapback]

I agree, like my moma always said "if you can`t say anything nice, don`t say anything at all". BARNYARD PAT, and DAFAN way don`t you try supporting this team for a change. Most of what you two have to say is negitive, and its a shame. Stop going over the same issues over and over again, Drew is not on this team anymore STOP CRYING OVER SPILLED MILK, you`ve had your say about how much you don`t like coach U, DROP IT. SHUT UP AND SUPPORT THE TEAM, OR FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO CHEER FOR!

I think that Karns at home is very dangerous. Most people know they have some good talent, so we don`t need to take this game for granted. I can`t see them shutting down Chris and the running game, and I can`t see them being able to run on our front 7. If we don`t show up ready to play, it won`t matter how much talent we have, we`ll get beat. We didn`t play that well of a game on offense after the 1st quarter only scoring 1 TD. We can`t let up and play poorly once the game is in hand, which is why I think coach U left the starters in so long. We turned the ball over several times friday night, we even became laxed on defense at one point, it just didn`t hurt us because the opponet was so bad.

825358303[/snapback]

Scary isn`t it?

I`m going to have a real tough time defending coach U this week.

FYI

With the L... Look at the Region 1 standings.

1 DB 3-0

2 SCIENCE HILL 2-1

2 CAMPBELL CO 2-1

2 KARNS 2-1

5 SEVIER CO 1-2

5 BEARDEN 1-2

5 JEFF CO 1-2

8 SOUTH DOYLE 0-3

DB is in the Playoffs.

Campbell Co has won 3 in a row, and will be favored to win all but 1 of their remaining games. Campbell Co is in the Playoffs if they stay strong.

Karns is setting in good position with the remaining schedule. They will take a knee in Kingsport, like the rest of the Region, but the remaining games are going to be interesting for sure.

Science Hill....has won 2 in a row.. big. I expect if Jeff Co has any playoff hopes, they MUST WIN vs the HillToppers next Friday night, or it is not going to happen this season.

I have never said this in my life, and I hope I never say it again... but..

GO HILLTOPPERS

JC4Life,

I don't think that there is anyone who can defend coach U this week.... he screwed up big time!!! WHY WHY WHY would you ever consider going for 2 instead of tying the game with an extra point and taking the game into overtime, when your team has had problems passing all night. I believe the answer is insanity. Jefferson County could have went into OT with the momemtum and won. I'm just so mad about this i can't hardly stand it. There is no excuse for a coach to do that.... this loss should and will rest squarely on the shoulders of coach U.

JC 23

Karns 24

1 of you patriot fans should call coacht, i read on this string where your team was undefeated, should be 6-0? but i checked your actual game results and it says your 3-3. that's odd. coach t must have a problem with your numbers.huh?

We just drove past dumplin valley on our way home from the chop-shop's bi-weekly knoxville trip and bernice said there wasn't one light on, on that side of the interstate, but she did see a mule going the wrong way in the mcdonald's drive thru.

Cosmo

Chop Chop

JC4Life,

I don't think that there is anyone who can defend coach U this week....  he screwed up big time!!! WHY WHY WHY would you ever consider going for 2 instead of tying the game with an extra point and taking the game into overtime, when your team has had problems passing all night.  I believe the answer is insanity. Jefferson County could have went into OT with the momemtum and won.  I'm just so mad about this i can't hardly stand it. There is no excuse for a coach to do that.... this loss should and will rest squarely on the shoulders of coach U.

JC 23

Karns 24

825363992[/snapback]

I agree, I like our chances going into OT with Chris Shiverdecker, and our D. We would have won on the first series.

Edited by JC4life

JC4Life,

I don't think that there is anyone who can defend coach U this week....  he screwed up big time!!! WHY WHY WHY would you ever consider going for 2 instead of tying the game with an extra point and taking the game into overtime, when your team has had problems passing all night.  I believe the answer is insanity. Jefferson County could have went into OT with the momemtum and won.  I'm just so mad about this i can't hardly stand it. There is no excuse for a coach to do that.... this loss should and will rest squarely on the shoulders of coach U.

JC 23

Karns 24

825363992[/snapback]

This game was not lost at the end of the game--it was lost at the beginning of both halves. At the start of the game, we turned the ball over on our first series, gave them a short field to draw first blood on and gave them motivation and momentum. The beginning of the second half Karns drove the ball eighty yards down out throats and chewed up almost all of the third quarter, keeping Shivy and company off the field and regaining the lead for good. I'd have gone for two as well at the end of the game--just may have used our strength--Shivy on a sweep to get to the corner. Karns won in the trenches--their o line against our d line--who'd thought they could score 24 against Smoot and company?

What was really bad, probably more so than losing, was having the JC players more upset at the end of the game about what fans were yelling from the stands directed at Coach U. Maybe what he did could be argued, but what fans were yelling has no defense! Be adults for the sake of your kids.

The reason we lost was becouse we over looked them and they came out and hit us in the mouth.

And we did not play jeff co football on both sides of the ball ill give them credit they did have a good offense.

And we will not over look anyone from now on and the person that said go hilltoppers get off man if u can not support the team then get off. yea we lost but every team has there ups and downs we just went down. B)

Guest Oakland

for all you people jumping on marty, if you know so much about football and about the team then why dont you go out and help volunteer with the football team? its because none of you haters know the team better than marty does! marty probably thought he had the momentum and the man never likes to go into overtime if he doesnt need to, karns would have been expecting the run so i am sure thats why they passed. marty lost tonight's game by going for 2 but he has also won several games with that gambling approach. marty showed confidence in his boys but it didnt exactly turn out they way everybody had hoped. also go ahead and feel free to call marty every 4 letter name you can think of, cuz he will just smile and go on

Scary isn`t it?

I`m going to have a real tough time defending coach U this week.

825363910[/snapback]

No need to JC4life. As a team, we played our worst game. I actually thought Coach U did a good job right up until the 2 point conversion. I'm not even going to chat about that, I would hate to loose my breakfast. The Karns coach had a good game plan, tie up the clock, and they did. Our defense didn't play as well as they had in the past, maybe a little unprepared for the Karns offense. On Offense, Shivy shined, which is normal, our QB needed to make some plays and didn't. I would think that the second string QB should get some work this week. With a heavy heart, I must say, JC 6-0, Coach U 3-3. As for the Oakland 2001 post, say what? Someone else said something about the fans, I agree completely, as fans, we are united for the team, bad sportsmanship has no place in athletics. Message boards are completely a different subject, this is a place that we can rant and rave over every detail. I would hope that Coach U is telling the players to stay off this site. Other than Urey during the DB week, I don't remember another player joining us. Finale thought, a tough loss, we will recover. Hopefully, this will make us better.