Associated Press Poll is a joke

BnL

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the folks complaining about the polls are fans of the teams that have dropped in the polls. Calm down, it will change next week. Heaven forbid a mighty middle tn. program could for one week be ranked lower than what they deserve. I for one would not like bulletin board fodder for my opposition to get up for. The lesser teams get awful pumped when they play the higher ranked teams. They make it their superbowl to salvage a season. As stated before, the only poll that matters is after week 15.

The entire Associated Press media poll is a joke.  In 4A, JCM gets a big, quaility win over a tough Milan ball club and they drop from second to third in the poll.  Now that makes real sense.  In the same class, I firmly believe that Haywood County is underrated.  In 3A, if Crockett County(with a first place vote) and McNairy Central are the second and fourth best teams in the state, I will eat my hat.  The 2A poll is a joke as well.  Camden is rated second and had 3 first place votes!  Heck, I think that Westview, Milan, and Huntingdon are all better teams than Camden. 

These newspapers  and the 2 radio stations that voted, really don't have a clue.  Personally, I hate all polls, especially the media polls.  If there must be a high school poll in Tennessee, I would think that the best type of poll would be a coaches poll.  If you had a coaches poll with one coach from each class and each region voting, I believe that you would have a poll that would be a much better representation of how teams in the state should be ranked. 

Any way you slice it, there has to be a better way than the AP Media poll.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

825359433[/snapback]

Don't worry about the polls...the championship is settled on the field.

BTW, Milan is down this year. I don't know that hey would beat Camden. Camden's RB Boyd is a stud.

And I'm a Crockett fan, and I don't think we're the wnd best team in the state either for what it's worth. But don't make the mistake of thinking the Cavaliers are a pushover, either.