West Tennessee

matt912

Houston vs. Collierville

Houstons defense is good, and so is that Hall kid from Collierville. Can one man take down the Mustang defense? I doubt it, but let me hear others input. Also, even though Houstons offense has been less than worthy, they have been doing ok, and the Collierville defense isnt as good as it usually is. They gave up 48 to White Station, and 20 something to Kirby, and 400 rushing yards to Cordova.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be an excellent high school football game and has the potential to be a high scoring affair. Both teams have key players in Hall (Collierville) and Miller (Houston), and both teams are solid in the kicking game.

Based on what I have seen, Hall is a playmaker, and he allows Collierville's offense to be explosive. Miller is just as important to Houston as he is their leader and answers when called upon.

Right now, I would have to give the edge to Collierville due to their ability to both run and pass. However, Collierville's defense is succeptible to the run, and I don't expect that to change; therefore, if Houston builds off the progress they showed in their passing game against Germantown, then they will have an opportunity in the end to win just as White Station did.

I totally disagree. This Collierville team does not have the power to score much on this Houston defense. To be honest i dont think that they will score. This HOuston team is so underrated. I like it that way because they just keep right on sneaking up and biting these teams in the ######. How the heck is Bolton ranked over us in the state when we beat their ######. This forum is so disappointing. You maggots should be ashamed of yourselves. And to say that this would be a high scoring game, i doubt ur knowledge of the game of football. Defense always tops offense when the D shows up.

Collierville will win friday night, plain and simple. Collierville has more weapons on offense than just Hall. Thier recievers Able and Walker are making clutch catchs every game, and thier running backs make big plays as well. The defense is great against the run, faulty sometimes, but usually great. They have improved thier pass D and are very skilled at the linebackers. Collierville lost by a TD to Gallatin, a top ten team, and beat Whitestation, something Houston wasn't able to do.

Oh and do you remember last year? Miller was your team then and is again this year. The defense contained him last year and will do it again.

Collierville will win friday night, plain and simple. Collierville has more weapons on offense than just Hall. Thier recievers Able and Walker are making clutch catchs every game, and thier running backs make big plays as well. The defense is great against the run, faulty sometimes, but usually great. They have improved thier pass D and are very skilled at the linebackers. Collierville lost by a TD to Gallatin, a top ten team, and beat Whitestation, something Houston wasn't able to do.

Oh and do you remember last year? Miller was your team then and is again this year. The defense contained him last year and will do it again.

825366026[/snapback]

How can you say that Collierville's defense is any good. Any defense that allows someone to run for 380+ yards and has a horrible team like kirby put up something like 20 points is not a good defense. Also this Houston team has the hardest hitting defense in the Region. They will stick it to Hall, and probably hurt that hamstring he has been nursing lately. Also, Houstons attack wont slow down all game, because they are deep enough to have every starter go only one way. Look for a tight game early, but Houston winning at the end by at least 15 points.

I have to agree with the two fellows who seem to favor Houston. If Houston continues to open it up just as they did in their win over Germantown, this game should not be pretty for Collierville. Someone explain this: When Houston beats Collierville does that mean there's a three way tie between White Station (whom Collierville beat), Collierville (just beaten by Houston), and Houston (who lost to White Station earlier this season because of a weak first half)? What's that mean for 8-5A?

Matt912 get your sources streight, Collierville hasn't played Kirby yet, and as a matter of fact, Bolton allowed 38 points to Kirby earlier in the season. Collierville has more weapons than just Hall, he's just the highest profile. And about thier defense, thay kept Whitestation in check most of the game two weeks ago. I admit Houston has a good football team, so does Collierville. I think it will be close but Collierville may pull out a victory friday night. They have had two weeks to prepare for Houston, while you have only a week.

Edited by dragon12

Kirby, Hamilton, or Overton, I know someone gave Collierville a hard time. I also apologize for saying Kirby. I will also say that having two weeks off gives a big advantage to Collierville. Also I hear that Cville team is going to see Friday Night Lights before their game. Everyone one will have their game faces on, and the Mustangs will need alot of energy. This is the meat of their schedule, coming off two tough wins by beating Bolton and Germantown.

I totally disagree.  This Collierville team does not have the power to score much on this Houston defense.  To be honest i dont think that they will score.  This HOuston team is so underrated.  I like it that way because they just keep right on sneaking up and biting these teams in the ######.  How the heck is Bolton ranked over us in the state when we beat their ######.  This forum is so disappointing.  You maggots should be ashamed of yourselves.  And to say that this would be a high scoring game, i doubt ur knowledge of the game of football.  Defense always tops offense when the D shows up.

825365982[/snapback]

yea, the d usually does top the offense when it plays well... youre pretty smart man..

I totally disagree.  This Collierville team does not have the power to score much on this Houston defense.  To be honest i dont think that they will score.  This HOuston team is so underrated.  I like it that way because they just keep right on sneaking up and biting these teams in the ######.  How the heck is Bolton ranked over us in the state when we beat their ######.  This forum is so disappointing.  You maggots should be ashamed of yourselves.  And to say that this would be a high scoring game, i doubt ur knowledge of the game of football.  Defense always tops offense when the D shows up.

825365982[/snapback]

Maggots? Great choice of words... oh yeah.. Houston just got beat 28-5 or something like that. I guess the D didn't show up tonight.

What do you have to say now? Collierville went in there with their heads on streight and the defense held Houston to what, 5 points, and the offense scored 28 on your highly touted defense. Don't mind me saying that Collierville scored as much as Whitestation and also allowed fewer points than they did. I will say that Collierville goes into the playoffs either 1 or 2.

Edited by dragon12

As much as i hate doing this i will eat my words. One man beat Houstons defense on Friday night. Ill tell everyone something, if you have to play Collierville, you need to hit that Hall kid until he cant play any more. He is their leader and they cant move the ball without him. I know someone will tell me about the two other kids that rushed for 50 and 51 yards, but that was towards the end of the game when Collierville was running the clock out and Houston had given up. Collierville Dragons might as well change their name to Hall.